Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 am

Hopefully Pan doesn't stick around for long. I'd like for them to be consistent and not having a kid as a Time Patroller. Though Kaioshin of Time is not around, then if she does turn out to join the group, it'll be temporary/an unofficial member, which would be fine by me once Kaioshin of Time returns and sends Pan back home. This is also the perfect opportunity for her to shine, a better role than the character ever had.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:00 pm

And lose the chance to print more shiny Pan: Xeno cards?

Is like you don't know how Bandai works.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:11 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:00 pm And lose the chance to print more shiny Pan: Xeno cards?

To be pedantic, this isn't Pan: Xeno, though. It's just Pan ... GT, I guess.

(If this isn't just Nagyama going rogue, she might get Super Saiyan though, which somehow still hasn't happened.)

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:36 pm

Wow, GP SSB(KK??) Goku seems to be putting up some form of fight against SSJ3 Cumber.
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 7894880257
Better than SSJ4 Xeno Vegito's performance against him in the manga :lol:

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 am Hopefully Pan doesn't stick around for long. I'd like for them to be consistent and not having a kid as a Time Patroller. Though Kaioshin of Time is not around, then if she does turn out to join the group, it'll be temporary/an unofficial member, which would be fine by me once Kaioshin of Time returns and sends Pan back home. This is also the perfect opportunity for her to shine, a better role than the character ever had.
They got time shenanigans. Just make her older somehow. :lol:

I would be down to see a Pan: GT (Adult) version. Who can go SSJ.
RichardKing2 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:36 pm Wow, GP SSB(KK??) Goku seems to be putting up some form of fight against SSJ3 Cumber.
https://twitter.com/DBSChronicles/statu ... 7894880257
Better than SSJ4 Xeno Vegito's performance against him in the manga :lol:
To be fair, SSB Vegetto wouldn't have done any better, given he was also fighting evenly against base Cumber.

Manga GP Goku must've made some really serious gains then. He went from needing to fuse against base Cumber to being able to fight SSJ3 Cumber somewhat.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:12 pm

We didn't really saw V4 fight Cumber in the manga though. Just a few punches that made Cumber decide to play seriously and then the fight gets interrupted by UI Goku.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:14 pm

Summary of Super Dragon Ball Heroes: Universe Mission Chapter 8 (summary of this issue's Dark Demon Realm Mission! on the previous page):
Last edited by Cipher on Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:34 pm

Very disappointed that Nagayama skipped a grand tour of U3 by Goku and co. Seems all we get is a shot of the universe in a glassified state. No Jiren either, but I guess this means Toppo and Dyspo play a greater role in protecting U11 which I can dig.

Still no sign of Fu or Majin Ozotto. Since they're going back to U7, would be very nice to get some interaction between Cooler (assuming he's being manipulated by Fu) and Freeza.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:47 pm

I guess, probably of note to very few people, but for those with eagle eyes for lore consistency...

The way Hearts describes Lagss' abilities this chapter feels slightly at odds with bio descriptions and earlier content, which imply a full-on magical "glassification." That would fit with Hearts asking her if she can undo her process on Cumber in the first chapter of the arc--whereas what we get in this chapter makes it sound more as if she can only form glass to encase targets in. Vegeta also breaks his arm out of the glass it's encased in using his own energy (a detail I'll edit into the summary; I actually didn't catch it on first read), so ... it seems like that was just encasement too?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:13 pm

I'm quite happy that Nagayama actually remembered the Blutz wave machine should've been destroyed before GT Gogeta was formed. That's something I wondered about when UVM8 was released in the arcade, but didn't think much of it because it wasn't a really important detail compared to the fact that it exists in the GTverse. Also, XGohan's SSJ4 transformation may be a one-time only given it was his first time using it, and we know GT Vegeta wasn't able to transform into a SSJ4 again, restored or not.

I'm fully expecting Dark Gogeta to resurface, seeing as Fin should have the ability to copy his power again after absorbing him once.

I really hope we can get a SSJ Pan for the first time. Maybe she'll be featured in UVM9. I'm not sure how she'll be useful though, given everyone else is leagues above her.
Cipher wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:47 pm I guess, probably of note to very few people, but for those with eagle eyes for lore consistency...

The way Hearts describes Lagss' abilities this chapter feels slightly at odds with bio descriptions and earlier content, which imply a full-on magical "glassification." That would fit with Hearts asking her if she can undo her process on Cumber in the first chapter of the arc--whereas what we get in this chapter makes it sound more as if she can only form glass to encase targets in. Vegeta also breaks his arm out of the glass it's encased in using his own energy (a detail I'll edit into the summary; I actually didn't catch it on first read), so ... it seems like that was just encasement too?

Your guess is as good as mine.
Maybe she can, but we haven't really seen it yet. Though it might just be Nagayama's interpretation of Lagss' special abilities. This wouldn't be the first time we have different functions of the same form/character across multiple media (e.g. SSB, Zamasu's Potara time limit, Ranger 17's bomb, UI).

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:17 pm

To be fair, SSB Vegetto wouldn't have done any better, given he was also fighting evenly against base Cumber.

Manga GP Goku must've made some really serious gains then. He went from needing to fuse against base Cumber to being able to fight SSJ3 Cumber somewhat.
[/quote]

Vegito Blue Kaioken = Golden Oozaru Cumber in the Manga and judging by how the Potara's base is greater than the fusees max power added together multiplied by tens of times ( several tens according to Herms ) then Vegito would definitely trash Cumber.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:37 pm

So what....We aren't going to see Jiren vs. Hearts ?

(It'd be so cool to get the core area warriors as DLC in Both Xenoverse & FighterZ)

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:17 pm Vegito Blue Kaioken = Golden Oozaru Cumber in the Manga and judging by how the Potara's base is greater than the fusees max power added together multiplied by tens of times ( several tens according to Herms ) then Vegito would definitely trash Cumber.
Prison Planet SSB Vegetto was evenly matched against base Cumber. As was Xeno V4.

The fight between GGA Cumber and KK-Bluegetto was too short to say definitively who is stronger than whom based on the energy clash.

I'd rather use the story as my source than vaguely defined interpretations of multipliers, which are and always have been faulty.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:11 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:17 pm Vegito Blue Kaioken = Golden Oozaru Cumber in the Manga and judging by how the Potara's base is greater than the fusees max power added together multiplied by tens of times ( several tens according to Herms ) then Vegito would definitely trash Cumber.
Prison Planet SSB Vegetto was evenly matched against base Cumber. As was Xeno V4.

The fight between GGA Cumber and KK-Bluegetto was too short to say definitively who is stronger than whom based on the energy clash.

I'd rather use the story as my source than vaguely defined interpretations of multipliers, which are and always have been faulty.
Check again, sometime during their fight Cumber felt the need to go Ssj and then Golden Oozaru after Vegito used Kaioken. And a blast struggle does tell who's stronger than who as who ever has the stronger Ki is the victor and as shown neither Cumber nor Vegito had a edge in power however Vegito had the edge in speed.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Wanted to see Jiren, but I'm glad they gave Dyspo and Toppo a bigger role.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:39 pm

Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:33 pm Check again, sometime during their fight Cumber felt the need to go Ssj and then Golden Oozaru after Vegito used Kaioken. And a blast struggle does tell who's stronger than who as who ever has the stronger Ki is the victor and as shown neither Cumber nor Vegito had a edge in power however Vegito had the edge in speed.
You still haven't proven me wrong and you're making presumptions about the conditions of the battle, like Cumber feeling the need to transform SSJ before Vegetto went KK. When it could've been the other way around.

Facts are Prison Planet SSB Vegetto was evenly matched against base Cumber. As was Xeno V4.

Ssb_goku20
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Ssb_goku20 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:50 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:39 pm
Ssb_goku20 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:33 pm Check again, sometime during their fight Cumber felt the need to go Ssj and then Golden Oozaru after Vegito used Kaioken. And a blast struggle does tell who's stronger than who as who ever has the stronger Ki is the victor and as shown neither Cumber nor Vegito had a edge in power however Vegito had the edge in speed.
You still haven't proven me wrong and you're making presumptions about the conditions of the battle, like Cumber feeling the need to transform SSJ before Vegetto went KK. When it could've been the other way around.

Facts are Prison Planet SSB Vegetto was evenly matched against base Cumber. As was Xeno V4.
Reread chapter 3 and 4, yes it shows Vegito Blue = base Cumber but right when Cumber goes Ssj Vegito says it's time to get serious and uses Kaioken which Cumber responds by saying he'll show Vegito how he looks when he's serious and goes Golden Oozaru which Vegito decimates Cumber when it comes to speed and when they were locked in a blast struggle they were evenly matched which means Vegito Blue Kaioken = Golden Oozaru Cumber while Ssj4 Vegito Xeno = base Cumber.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:08 pm

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:00 pmAnd lose the chance to print more shiny Pan: Xeno cards?

Which is why I'm already prepared to play the "oh well, let's just hope Xeno Pan doesn't become a full-time Time Patroller :roll:" card.
Cipher wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:11 pmTo be pedantic, this isn't Pan: Xeno, though. It's just Pan ... GT, I guess.
Yeah, well... As soon as she becomes (if) a Time Patroller, it'll be Xeno Pan, just like what happened to everyone else.
Rakurai wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 pmThey got time shenanigans. Just make her older somehow. :lol:

I would be down to see a Pan: GT (Adult) version. Who can go SSJ.
If they age Pan, then we're talking. Keep her around as long as they want! :)
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Wish I could edit posts after the two-hour window, but anyway: Small correction to the Dark Demon Realm! summary:

I mistranscribed Gohan's special attack. It's 極限魔閃烈衝壁 (as opposed to 衝撃, at the end): Kyokugen Masenresshōheki, or something along the lines of "Extreme Demonic Crashing Light Wall." Or just "Extreme Masenresshōheki," in keeping in style with previous "ma-" attacks.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:30 pm

Thinking a little, I believe that the odds for Pan actually joining the Time Patrol are pretty high. You have the manga events, then there's the tease of the leaked description for UMV9 and with that in mind, the sudden decision of retelling GT makes sense, is to get new players up to speed about Pan's story.