Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:25 pm

Grimlock wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:52 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:04 amWhen Goku uses KK with blue, he doubles his SSB power, just like SS2 does to SS.
But you do know the difference, right? When Kaio-Ken doubles the power, we're talking about a "x2" multiplier (that's what basic Kaio-Ken does/is). Super Saiyan 2 is twice as strong as the Super Saiyan, so we're talking about another "x50" multiplier. Super Saiyan 2 formula is: x50 + x50 = x100.

When Goku transforms from Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan 2, his power is not multiplied by 2, he has another increase of x50. That's what it means to be twice as strong as its predecessor.

Kaio-Ken can only surpass Super Saiyan 2 if Goku can use Kaio-Ken x101 (in base form) or Kaio-Ken x51 (in Super Saiyan).
Mmm, no.. SS2 is 100x base, which actually is SS(50) multiplied by 2. SS2 doubles what Goku has as a SS, that is also what KK does to SSB, it doubles it (curiously enough, KKx2 does the same lol). And KKx10 tenfolds it.

So, say Goku has a box of 50 apples as a SSB, with SS2, he'd have two boxes of 50 apples, 100 apples. The same as if he kaiokens as SSB, but if he goes KKx10 as SSB he will have 500 apples.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:21 pm

Alright, I'll concede this time.

However, in virtue of the fact that the characters never made a single complaint about Super Saiyan 2, then it should be fine to combine it with god power and stack Kaio-Ken on top of it, thus putting Super Saiyan 2 above Super Saiyan again. He wouldn't even need to go up until x10 in Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2 (as he would have 600 apples in Kaio-Ken x6, for instance).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:51 pm

Ok so what'd y'all think?

I thought it was a bit unbelievable that Kuririn was at all hanging in with Wheelo (OG wheelo he'd destroy now but didn't old man heroes wheelo dodge SS4s even in the manga?)

I like to believe it started off as Wheelo bullying him for cruelty and then it was hearts doing most of the work.

Hearts actually wanting to give Kuririn the Win especially after reading his self deprecating thoughts really is in line with his character about wanting what's best for mortals and stuff in the earlier arc I liked it. It was a cool plot point then his cubes can enhance people or at the very least weight their punches or something. It did stretch believability but I feel like Wheelo outstayed his welcome pretty quickly.

With Wheelo dead I guess we just have Cell and the Cyborgs Vs Super 17.

I guess Gohan is gonna fight BoJack?

I think they made a plot point of Cumber being stabilised but not fully recovered yet.

Interesting that they kicked out Goku and Geets to give the other fights time to breathe and feel like they earn some stakes, it was weird them coming back in the same episode of the show version.

Training with the xenos is a really cool way for them to plausibly get a good powerup when characters should be kinda at their limit. And them being in there first might mean they have closed the gap somewhat on the evil ki and mui Xeno counterparts they were once equal to.

However wasn't SS4 Vegito frozen along with Fuu if they are loose then isn't Fuu now? That's concerning.

We haven't seen totally not Bardock fight black yet. Be interesting to see how he performs because the scaling was whack in the anime.

I guess I'm a hypocrite for being ok with Kuririn Vs Wheelo and not ss1 for some reason ult. Gohan Vs Wheelo. I guess it depends on how much you buy hearts interference.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:18 pm

I can't find the new chapter anywhere : wasn't it supposed to be officially released online?!...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:31 pm

BBM chapter 8 was published for free online during the months this summer that Saikyo Jump was not being printed due to its refresh and relaunch back into a monthly publication. Chapter 9 is published within the first issue of this relaunch, Saikyo Jump’s September 2021 issue (which came out a couple weeks back). It’s available for purchase on Amazon Japan, and Shueisha is also selling the magazine issues digitally now if you have the means to purchase them (generally requires a Japanese address and/or credit card).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:48 pm

OK, and now that is is a monthly manga, does SDBH have less pages than before (around 45)?!...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:26 pm

Yep. BBM was back down to 31 content pages (plus a color title page and a color character biography kind of page).
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:25 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:26 pm Yep. BBM was back down to 31 content pages (plus a color title page and a color character biography kind of page).
Ah the recent chapter felt short but I guess we get more content in the same timeframe so we shouldn't whine about it.

I just wish more people were discussing this storyline.

It's original content and an original storyline. You think it'd be the second most popular thread outside the super manga one but alas.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:50 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:51 pmHowever wasn't SS4 Vegito frozen along with Fuu if they are loose then isn't Fuu now? That's concerning.
Since in the game and anime versions the fighters in that dimension were fake, I guess the Xenos here are also illusions based on Goku's and Vegeta's memories of them. Which means that Fu and SS4 Vegetto are still frozen in time.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:35 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:50 pm
TobyS wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:51 pmHowever wasn't SS4 Vegito frozen along with Fuu if they are loose then isn't Fuu now? That's concerning.
Since in the game and anime versions the fighters in that dimension were fake, I guess the Xenos here are also illusions based on Goku's and Vegeta's memories of them. Which means that Fu and SS4 Vegetto are still frozen in time.
Ah I see I didn't realise the game explained that. I don't think the anime did it. Just showed them going in and straight out from their point of view.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:52 am

Some pages of the new chapter :

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:25 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:52 am Some pages of the new chapter :

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:06 am

Rouge the Bat wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:52 am Some pages of the new chapter :
Weird that Gohan went SS2 if this is after the ToP.

I guess he just wasn't in the game, went SS2 out of rage accidentally but still had access to his full mystic power.

I guess at least in heroes we have what we expected in the manga. That Gohan is above God because didn't Wheelo state BoJack and turles were only weaker than blue.

This chapter was cool.

I like they do a side fight and the main one a bit.

It's jarring the anime left it after Wheelo getting punched.

I guess it's Cell and the androids next.

I wonder if Cumber will fight omega shenron the same way when he wakes up.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:34 pm

Some pages of SDBH : BBM #11 :

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:17 pm

Interesting, so maybe Black still sends out pokeshenron. Cumber fights him, looks like he wins easily and and ui goku takes him out.
Which is weird because I thought Cumber was sorta on their side now he has other people to fight, respects vegeta and is pals with Hearts but there you go.

And I guess they then form Vegito and bail Bardock out of the fight.

So switched up order of events with the bojack and and wheelo in a way that sorta made more sense except for the SS2 thing.

We just need to see Cell and the super Ctwins versus super 17 in both mediums and I guess Black being killed, so thats probably the next 2 chapters after these preview images.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:33 am

I know it was already discussed but I thought it was interesting how SSJR2 Black was above Goku's Blue Kaioken x20. Those numbers were only released in the SEG which might be out of print and wasn't included Chozenshuu a few years later. Herms had a breakdown of Potara vs Fusion Dance in various guidebooks and it showed how they were more up to the interpretation of whoever who was compiling these books. Some gave a different formula for each one and some said one was stronger than the other while a recent guide for Broly said they were equal. If Toriyama doesn't care too much about what was in previous guidebooks or might not be aware of them, I wouldn't hold it against the Heroes author for ignoring them.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:30 am

Goku gradually transforming into UI while dodging was a cool frame

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:34 am

Ah the new chapter makes more sense than the leaks.

Cumber was being a team player. He recovered enough beat pokeshenron and protect the ritual or spell or whatever. But to win he puts out enough power to go berserk. Vegeta and Goku put him down.

Kuririn and Hearts return from beating Wheelo and Gohan from Bojack. So everything's coming together. The only weird thing is the implication Bardock held off the masked Saiyan for an hour while Goku and Geets were away.

We just have the cyborg Trio Vs GT seventeen next.
And gogeta wrecking black.
Then I guess all will be teleported out at once which the anime didn't make clear.

The mangas so much better and more coherent.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:25 pm

I like all the work that has been done for DB SUPER on the site (you can check each published tankôbon for instance), what a pity the SDBH section doesn't allow us to see all the SDBH tankôbons!!...

DB SUPER : https://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/super/tankobon/

SDBH : https://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/spin-offs/game/

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:35 pm

Preview for the new chapter :

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">SDBH: Big Bang Mission Chapter 12 Colorpage. <a href="https://t.co/4OMWAWBNPC">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; DBHype (@DbsHype1) <a href="https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/145 ... ">November 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">SDBH: Big Bang Mission Chapter 12 Spoilers.<br><br>Warrior in Black, Goku and Vegeta defeat Goku Black together! <a href="https://t.co/K41LfmFPHI">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; DBHype (@DbsHype1) <a href="https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/145 ... ">November 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>