Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lukmendes
Regular

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:52 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:37 pm Didn't the manga show she's been taken straight from the Shadow Dragons arc and just got a different outfit from Supreme Kai of Time?
Yeah she's been taken out of Shadow Dragons by accident, and it was Robel who gave her the costume, Chronoa was brainwashed at the time.

(Dark Demon Realm Mission#14)
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Mar 09, 2022 11:09 pm

I've updated my anime and manga picture tabs to include the anime on the manga and manga on the anime, this way most teams are full. Blue text and coloured pics is anime info. Green text and black and white pictures are Manga info.

It's confusing who is Raditz and who is Turles (or Cumber) but the anime implies both are there. It looks like Nappa might be there and that could be Dori instead, in which case that's probably Turles not Raditz, although Turles could be in the movies team. I'm not sure. Dore's existence implies the other 2 armoured dudes, which doesn't leave room for Turles and the other two old saiyans.

Not sure kid Buu is on the Babidi team but it'd make sense. I assume the last slot/s is Babidi but otherwise I am guessing Majin Vegeta, unless Towa and other Dabra are here.

Wonder who the last 3 red ribbons will be, probably red and blue and maybe metallion? but I wonder if maaaybe they might put Gamma 1 and 2 in to cross promote the movie.

If the movies team is a thing I wonder who it is, Bio Broly? Garlic Jr? Cooler with his squad on a diff team? ah Ozotto is a perfect candidate!

The two other bojack gang people are interesting...

People are speculating Fuu as the last "heroes" one but it looks like Bardock here.

Slug corps are missing 2, as are Bojack, I have a feeling these "extras" might just be elimanted off scree.

I have a feeling we might have seen everyone we are going to see.

It seems like there is 4 warrior in black and one is bardock and another is Piccolo presumably based on being a namek and the VA. Maybe Nail or something. The other two a slight mystery we all heard one is future Gohan so I'm not sure who the over would be.

Who do you guys think are the missing ones?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:16 am

No idea who they are but the chapter seems quite good!!...

By the way, do you know if BIG BANG MISSION will have three or four Tankôbons to contain all the published chapters?!...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:45 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:16 am By the way, do you know if BIG BANG MISSION will have three or four Tankôbons to contain all the published chapters?!...
That's a good question. It looks like Volume 3 is set to be 240 pages, which is an increase over the 200 pages that Vols. 1 and 2 ran. Since the page count got chopped along the way when the magazine went monthly again, it's actually possible that it will all be wrapped up here in Volume 3. (There are 15 total chapters of Big Bang Mission!!!, and Vol. 3 should pick up with chapter 9, which is right when the magazine went monthly again.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:56 am

Since there is a space and time tournament, I'd love to see Shallot, Giblet and Zahha involved in the story of SDBH!!...

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:07 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:56 am Since there is a space and time tournament, I'd love to see Shallot, Giblet and Zahha involved in the story of SDBH!!...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1485819652

I suppose they could be two of the cloaked guys, or team 13, or the movies team could be a genral non canon team haha. That'd be cool.

In a month or two we should be able to find out if it's even a possibility.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:45 pm

TobyS wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:07 pm
Rouge the Bat wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:56 am Since there is a space and time tournament, I'd love to see Shallot, Giblet and Zahha involved in the story of SDBH!!...

I suppose they could be two of the cloaked guys, or team 13, or the movies team could be a genral non canon team haha. That'd be cool.

Could Shallot be in the team with saiyans too? Or is that more of an "evil saiyans" team? Which if that's the case, maybe Giblet could be in it...

Either way I have my doubts about that since the other teams seem to be picking up more from the usual stuff from Z, but who knows.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:57 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:45 pm
TobyS wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:07 pm

Could Shallot be in the team with saiyans too? Or is that more of an "evil saiyans" team? Which if that's the case, maybe Giblet could be in it...

Either way I have my doubts about that since the other teams seem to be picking up more from the usual stuff from Z, but who knows.
Yeah that's my big concern it's all U7 DB/Z stuff I understand we don't know the history and villains of the ToP universes but you think there would at least be more of them from the tournament.

Lukmendes
Regular

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:24 am

TobyS wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:57 pm Yeah that's my big concern it's all U7 DB/Z stuff I understand we don't know the history and villains of the ToP universes but you think there would at least be more of them from the tournament.
Heroes in general is about making money with recognizable faces, so they're unfortunately not gonna come up with a lot of stuff, specially outside of U7.

Not that they can't come up with stuff mind you, in that Prison Planet arc they came up with that Cumber guy who's implied to have fought Yamoshi, so they can come up with more, which's a big connection to make, but they will generally play it safe.

Maybe any possible new faces will be working with Aeon, or that mysterious team 13 could have a team with more new faces... Time will tell.

Edit: Also, I wonder who the last two members of the Ginyu force team are, I think one of them is gonna be Bonyu, the last one, maybe a new character, or maybe a random mook from Freeza's force, 'cause I think there's a filler scene where he trains one or two.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:29 pm

Lukmendes wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:24 am
TobyS wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:57 pm Yeah that's my big concern it's all U7 DB/Z stuff I understand we don't know the history and villains of the ToP universes but you think there would at least be more of them from the tournament.
Heroes in general is about making money with recognizable faces, so they're unfortunately not gonna come up with a lot of stuff, specially outside of U7.

Not that they can't come up with stuff mind you, in that Prison Planet arc they came up with that Cumber guy who's implied to have fought Yamoshi, so they can come up with more, which's a big connection to make, but they will generally play it safe.

Maybe any possible new faces will be working with Aeon, or that mysterious team 13 could have a team with more new faces... Time will tell.

Edit: Also, I wonder who the last two members of the Ginyu force team are, I think one of them is gonna be Bonyu, the last one, maybe a new character, or maybe a random mook from Freeza's force, 'cause I think there's a filler scene where he trains one or two.

So.... Spoiler alert!

So the anime just wiped out every other team except: heroes, u7 and Xenos as Yamcha, Trunks and someone caught the fairies....

Not a single battle got concluded on screen except the two Gokus wasting some Freeza force henchmen.

I'm really hoping the manga goes deeper. It already did so far.
I suppose it makes sense. No other universe had a chance at beating the hooded fighters.

The only lineup mystery left is who is the last person on the heroes team and who is the namekian and other person.

It's obviously Bardock and future gohan as the other two and it's clearly chronoa as the hooded person on the Xeno team. But my completionism hopes they show us a bit more of all the teams before it catches up to the anime.

Will the Toei leaks postpone heroes?

I kinda think as it's just a glorified advert will they even care?

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:07 am

A few pages of the chapter #02 of ULTRA GOD MISSION :

https://twitter.com/DbsHype1/status/1510645556242120709

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:24 pm

The new chapter was out and cool. SPOILERS.
Blue arrives filling out the last spot on the Red Ribbon team only to be burned alive off screen by Hirudegarn rampaging, savage!

The twitter confusion over powerscaling over the twitter previews was resolved. Jiren wasn't really struggling to defeat Broly, Hit just intervened to save Jirens energy for the bigger battle to come. Finally nice to see people with Future Trunks esque pragmatism.

Jiren seemingly Breaks Brolys neck with one completly unguarded full power punch which is also savage.

If this is the same Broly as before he could have transformed and caused Jiren to if not lose if waste more energy so hit was more right than he knew.

Regarding the mismatched teams Aios revealed she only told some of the teams about the fairy things, she considers luck a factor in timeline survival.

This goes a long way to making an in universe explanation for these random mismatched teams.

It seems like Yamcha is not dead maybe, but Goku should apologise what a dick. Gohan was more concerned and he did nothing wrong.

Funnily enough the only two elimination scenes were Blue and Broly.

"General Blue lasted longer than Broly overall" is something I never thought we'd say about an official DB product.

Only Yamchas team got a fairy and auto-won. I wonder if the next chapter will have the other two teams appear straight away like the anime or if we get a few more battles.

It's a shame they have spoiled the two teams that will win but I guess it was obvious really.

It's weird the introduced these invaders and stuff only to leave the field straight away.

Except maybe Pan , every other person combined couldnt beat a single Heroes or Xeno person so yeah.

It would have been interesting if the 3 main teams would have suffered some casualites to raise the stakes.

I think we wont see all the conutsians or the last two ginyus, bojack, raditz, slug and majin team. Or find out if Janemba and Buu are invaders or on teams.

So if I am not wrong the only mysteries left are who are the namek and woman in the hooded team...

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:49 am

I'm so happy : Shallot will be in SDBH!!...

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1517000458912501760

Let's hope Giblet and Zahha won't be long to appear too...

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:32 am

Rouge the Bat wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:49 am I'm so happy : Shallot will be in SDBH!!...

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1517000458912501760

Let's hope Giblet and Zahha won't be long to appear too...
Ah it seems like they are being added to the game. Don't think they will be added to the manga and anime as everyone is pretty much accounted for here now in this arc.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 08, 2022 7:57 pm

Never thought I'd laugh so hard not once but twice in the very same chapter.

The first one I posted in this thread. As soon as Xeno Goten said that, I remembered that moment. :lol:

The second one has to be Aeos disagreeing with me. I just said in another thread that things shouldn't be so "linear", but there she comes wanting to have just one history. It's like she's in favor of those people claiming only one continuity matters and to hell with everything else. :lol: Nooo Aeos, it's not how things should be. It's not strange at all! In fact, it's the natural order for things to evolve differently, for things to play out differently.

Too bad my boy Raditz was already defeated. We got some explanation as to how he got Super Saiyan 3, though it would be a lot better if at least we could see him going Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 before that.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun May 08, 2022 9:54 pm

Grimlock wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:57 pm Never thought I'd laugh so hard not once but twice in the very same chapter.

The first one I posted in this thread. As soon as Xeno Goten said that, I remembered that moment. :lol:

The second one has to be Aeos disagreeing with me. I just said in another thread that things shouldn't be so "linear", but there she comes wanting to have just one history. It's like she's in favor of those people claiming only one continuity matters and to hell with everything else. :lol: Nooo Aeos, it's not how things should be. It's not strange at all! In fact, it's the natural order for things to evolve differently, for things to play out differently.

Too bad my boy Raditz was already defeated. We got some explanation as to how he got Super Saiyan 3, though it would be a lot better if at least we could see him going Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 before that.
I think Raditz going 1 and two and cycling through the forms would be a waste of time given how fructose unleashed Turles was already so much stronger than 3 and it would eat up pages.

I'm glad we have confirmed Yamcha is not out, he just woke up. What an unintentional strength feat they gave him haha.

One of my biggest gripes is it was a waste not to see the rest of the tournament play out despite it being novel that some teams can win and leave early by grabbing fairys also.

The manga fixes it. Hearts gets a fairy on lockdown. Cumber wants to fight first have just beat Slug. G.Freeza has beaten Mecha Freeza. There is a jump cut and Cumber finishes the "Mecha Freeza soldiers" off. It's confirmed team fives (the "Heroes" team) are the firs to win by eliminating all the others. It can be assumed they eliminated everyone else or eliminated the victors of some other matches.

Aois burns nine scrolls which tracks with the 3 winners and 12 teams total. Unlike the weird ambiguous scrolls poofing randomly seeing per contestant in the anime.

The concludes the chart bar the warriors in black and last three teams, everyone else has an attributed loss if it's only Team 5 or someone who was then taken out by team 5.

Weirdly Janemba might still be in the mix as an intruder who wasn't dealt with, and possibly Kid Buu if he was an intruder and not on the Majin themed team. Unclear if they exist in the manga version actually.

I guess the next thing I am curious about is the black hood, and if perhaps the Heroes and Xeno get erased. I doubt it but this Heroes continuity can be balls out insane and do whatever it wants. I could just leave us with our canon super timeline. How mad would that make GT fans lol.

In either case I do wonder how this fits with the whole time rings thing.

I don't expect mainline super to address heroes but you would think the reverse would be true. I can only suppose these alternate histories are not a thing or are spin offs of the mainlin verse and dont count for this, the other ones could have those timelines off their histories too.

It would be interesting to wonder if any of the time ring timelines are these timelines as another possible explanation...

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon May 09, 2022 1:44 am

TobyS wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:54 pmI don't expect mainline super to address heroes but you would think the reverse would be true. I can only suppose these alternate histories are not a thing or are spin offs of the mainlin verse and dont count for this, the other ones could have those timelines off their histories too.

It would be interesting to wonder if any of the time ring timelines are these timelines as another possible explanation...
I think that time rings only exist for universes created through time travel but not necessarily every alternate universe or history since those diverged on their own. The main timeline is 76,434,925,761 so there could be nearly infinite alternate histories like in Marvel and DC's multiverse there probably aren't +76 million time rings somewhere.

Also good job on that chart! It helps keep track of everyone there were so many teams.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon May 09, 2022 6:37 am

Skar wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:44 am
TobyS wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:54 pmI don't expect mainline super to address heroes but you would think the reverse would be true. I can only suppose these alternate histories are not a thing or are spin offs of the mainlin verse and dont count for this, the other ones could have those timelines off their histories too.

I think that time rings only exist for universes created through time travel but not necessarily every alternate universe or history since those diverged on their own. The main timeline is 76,434,925,761 so there could be nearly infinite alternate histories like in Marvel and DC's multiverse there probably aren't +76 million time rings somewhere.

Also good job on that chart! It helps keep track of everyone there were so many teams.
It's funny I reread all the chapters to update the chart again and yeah I remembered the 76,434,925,761 one thing but yeah I guess they are mixing the existing DB multiverse and Timelines with a conventional "alternate timelines multiverse",

But if that's the case why were only these 12 chosen what makes them special? Was it random lottery, she talked about there being an element of chance so perhaps these were picked out at random as well. Or maybe they were the first alternate ones to appear and had the most seniority? I doubt they will elaborate further.

It will be interesting if they don't have any alternate histories remaining at the end.

Technically Pan shouldn't be allowed on her team as she's not from the Xeno Timeline but a more conventionally GT esque one.

I assume anyone who already moved was grandfathered in.

I thought the time patrol specifically stopped alternate histories from occuring, like thats the whole point of Xenoverse 1 and 2? I guess it was more about changing the main timelines to alternate from their own course?

And as time travel is a sin I guess these occured mostly on their own or at least Chronoa is'nt obligated to intervene?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon May 09, 2022 7:21 pm

TobyS wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:54 pmI think Raditz going 1 and two and cycling through the forms would be a waste of time given how fructose unleashed Turles was already so much stronger than 3 and it would eat up pages.
No, it would eat up two or three panels of a single page. It would be cool for the sake of completion. I don't like when forms are missing for the characters.
TobyS wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 9:54 pmI could just leave us with our canon super timeline. How mad would that make GT fans lol.
If GT fans are smart enough to know that there's no canon, I doubt they would be "mad". I don't think they would permanently erase a timeline just like that. If they ever do this, it will come back eventually. There's nothing to worry about.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue May 10, 2022 1:39 pm

In the manga currently they have the Super Space Time Tournament which is made up of different teams. Is each team from an entirely different timeline because it certainly seems that way?

As Hearts and Cumber are on a different team from Goku and Xeno Goku then does that mean that Hearts is from an alternate dimension also? The Core Area Warriors, they don't just exist in the main timeline? But their arcs were set within the main timeline weren't they? Did they travel to the main timeline like the Time Patrol then?

I'm confused by all this.