Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DNA
I Live Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by DNA » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:47 am

Has there been any official release of these manga?

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:05 pm

Rakurai wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:34 am Ch. 14 translation of the Dark Demon Realm mission is out. TS by Dark_Tzitzimine and TL by yours truly.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/771796/1
Good work you guys!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:35 pm

You're welcome!

I can't believe how much I ended up liking SSJ4 Gohan Xeno compared to his GT counterpart.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:44 pm

DNA wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:47 am Has there been any official release of these manga?
No and I don't think one is likely to come anytime soon.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:20 am

Dark_Tzitzimine wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:35 pm You're welcome!

I can't believe how much I ended up liking SSJ4 Gohan Xeno compared to his GT counterpart.
Me too. I'm impressed with how Heroes has done justice to even Goten, who's been irrelevant for ages.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:23 am

I agree with everyone else! Excellent work! We are truly blessed to have people like you deliver these to us.

About the Chapter, I have gotten a better grasp of what these notorious "Hellgates" are, and I am impressed. Small features like these expand the DB mythos so much!

Haha, I liked how Goten stayed true to his character and commented on Robel's beauty and cuteness. I can see some gag comedy appearing from that, like asking her out once this is over to be entirely rejected :lol:

Pan.... I kinda like her like this. I wish she gets a form to become a little more relevant too. Who knows, maybe we might get Bulla/Vra too in the future? Definitely enjoyed how she is favorable by Robel for calling her a pretty onee-San xD

I wanna see how Broly VS Fin is gonna go down. Since Fin is pretty much SS4 Gogeta in some capacity and Broly is the OG. A homage to the movie we got last year lol
P O W E R

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:20 am

Horribly belated due to my schedule, but summaries for Universe Mission Chapter 11 and Dark Demon Realm Mission! Chapter 16, which ran in the January issue of Saikyо̄ Jump, street date December 3, 2019:

Universe Mission

Dark Demon Realm Mission!

The January 2020 issue of Saikо̄ Jump (in which these chapters ran) also includes preview text at the end of Dark Demon Realm Mission! that says the next chapter will be the last of "Part 2." Since no such message accompanies Universe Mission, and given what we know of plans for the two branches of Heroes-original fiction to merge shortly down the road, my guess is that we'll be back to one ongoing series again--either under the Universe Mission banner or another.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:51 am

Just read the latest chapters myself now. Props to Cipher for posting up really succinct summaries.

I gotta say, that was an absolutely great way for XTrunks to obtain SSG. And perhaps even more so, Pan initiating the energy transfer made her role in the story all the more important (aside from serving as a power boost for XGohan anyhow). It wasn't Kaioshin of Time that provided the info, but rather they unknowingly tapped into it, based on DB lore. Furthermore it makes sense that he would get the form like this, because most likely Goku & Vegeta are still stronger than him, it's just that they are heavily battle-damaged and currently out of commission.

Kaioshin of Time recalling that she heard of the SSG legend from an Angel is a direct reference from the 9th Anniv. trailer where she said the same thing, except that SSG was her idea. Surprisingly enough, the Angel line wasn't included in UVM11 in the arcade, and I have no idea why considering it wouldn't have changed anything to add it (I lamented this when it was released), besides tying the DDR closer to the general DB lore. Which brings back the question again, which Angel did she hear it from? Perhaps she knows Whis? Maybe we'll see Kaioshin of Time interact with Whis in BBM!

One disappointing thing is that SSG XTrunks did absolutely nothing worth his stuff. He got the form, charged against Mechikaboola, got dodged easily, and then blown back by Ultimate Fin. Tries again, only to be trolled by Mechikaboola's painfully cliched backstabbing tactic. Seems he also absorbed Shroom and Salsa , so if they're supposed to get their Demon god forms next chapter, I wonder how that's gonna happen.

I really enjoyed how they brought back Old Kai into the frame. He's been out of the picture for so long that I was starting to worry whether they'd forgotten about him or not. Him and Kaioshin of Time are the essential Time Patrol sidekicks, and I'd like to see him become helpful even if it was just protecting Toki Toki from the hands of Mechikaboola.

Last but not least, Mechikaboola wanting Toki Toki for himself, I think that the power within Toki Toki is far more greater than we think, which is why he's going to play an important role in BBM according to teasers. And ofc, he got his own special ability in the arcade game, "God Bird" as well.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:23 am I agree with everyone else! Excellent work! We are truly blessed to have people like you deliver these to us.

Haha, I liked how Goten stayed true to his character and commented on Robel's beauty and cuteness. I can see some gag comedy appearing from that, like asking her out once this is over to be entirely rejected :lol:
Thanks! Shameless advertising but please read and comment on Mangadex for more viewership and support.

While I like the personality that they gave XGoten, it's also kind of sad and pitiful if you think about it, considering he's supposed to have great luck with girls in general yet he gets the cold shoulder from Kaioshin of Time and Robel. Guess Palace his gf from GT wasn't worth all that.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Rakurai wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:51 am While I like the personality that they gave XGoten, it's also kind of sad and pitiful if you think about it, considering he's supposed to have great luck with girls in general yet he gets the cold shoulder from Kaioshin of Time and Robel. Guess Palace his gf from GT wasn't worth all that.
Speaking of which, I believe that she was a gf with potential. Cute, but a little clueless. I kinda want him to get a gf now. Cause I feel bad for him lol. Also, I now that Mai is FTrunk's waifu lol, but what would XTrunks do? I mean, would a XMai be a thing for him, or would he be more close to Chronoa? Although their relationship doesn't seem to be romantic in any way.
P O W E R

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:54 pm

As I said before, Trunks as a SSG feels like an afterthought both in the arcade game and the manga. It just doesn't seem to do anything more than looking cool for a few scenes and ultimately fail to achieve anything of note.

That said, DDR and UM are perfect examples of the two sides of SDBH. DDR is being handled with the grace of previous sex climaxes where everything is on the line and our heroes are being pushed, with some minor world building to add some depth at the combat. UM on the other hand is also a retread but it feels like a cheap cashgrab with none of the heights of the arcs is emulating and where everyone has a good idea of how it will end.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:42 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:31 pm
Rakurai wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:51 am While I like the personality that they gave XGoten, it's also kind of sad and pitiful if you think about it, considering he's supposed to have great luck with girls in general yet he gets the cold shoulder from Kaioshin of Time and Robel. Guess Palace his gf from GT wasn't worth all that.
Speaking of which, I believe that she was a gf with potential. Cute, but a little clueless. I kinda want him to get a gf now. Cause I feel bad for him lol. Also, I now that Mai is FTrunk's waifu lol, but what would XTrunks do? I mean, would a XMai be a thing for him, or would he be more close to Chronoa? Although their relationship doesn't seem to be romantic in any way.
I feel like XTrunks and Kaioshin of Time have good chemistry. Idk about XMai, but a popular ship has always been XTrunks and Kaioshin of Time, and the manga really reinforces their close relationship, with XTrunks always thinking about how to save Kaioshin of Time.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:47 am

Just a question about the main protagonist, Trunks : Who is he exactly?!..
In the beginning of the manga with the page gathering art from Toriyama, it is as if he was the Future Trunks from the original manga but it does not seem logical because of what happens to him later in DB SUPER (Zamasu arc)...
So, is he a sort of Trunks: Xeno coming from another timeline created because of his many time travels?!...
And if so, when his new time line was created precisely?!...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:24 am

He was supposed to Z's Future Trunks but since he was created before Super were a thing, he's now an alternate version that never went through Super events.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:48 am

So, he is Trunks: Xeno, that is an alternative version of future Trunks who started another timeline after having destroyed Cell in the future (after the events of the DB manga), am I right?!...
Therefore, the Trunks who came back in DB SUPER is the one from the original DB manga in which no new timeline was created after he defeated Cell in the future, isn't he?!...

So, who is the Trunks from the UNIVERSE MISSION manga?!...
Trunks: Xeno from the first SDBH manga?!...
Trunks from DB SUPER?!...
Another version of Trunks: Xeno?!...

I really love the manga but sometimes I'm not very sure if I understand everything well because of Trunks(: Xeno)'s identity and it makes me feel I'm wasting my time reading it...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:20 pm

The Trunks seen in the Universe Mission manga, the one captured by Fu, is based on the Super version, just like the Goku and Vegeta from that storyline.

The Trunks who achieved SSG and is fighting the Demon Realm Army is Trunks Xeno and he's the same through all the mangas focused on the Time Patrol.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:51 pm

Piccolo and 17vs lags ruled and didn't make Jiren look piccolo tier like the anime.

Much better. I hope they all get collected and sold later!
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:49 am

You might remember Future Trunks went away to "a future before Black where there already is Another Trunks"

I headcannon that Another:Trunks became Trunks:Xeno, while Trunks:Super went and became Trunks:CC(well, Trunks:UM)

here, I made a chart
https://imgur.com/vB41Bfi

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:34 pm

Therefore, you mean Gokû and Vegeta from UNIVERSE MISSION are the one from the DB SUPER manga, and therefore they know Gokû: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno when they fight Moro?!...

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:34 pm Therefore, you mean Gokû and Vegeta from UNIVERSE MISSION are the one from the DB SUPER manga, and therefore they know Gokû: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno when they fight Moro?!...
Not manga, anime. I should have made it clearer.

Here, ver. 2
https://imgur.com/SqWxxZX

The only doubt is if the two Trunks ever met before Cronoa got her hands on Trunks:Xeno

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:22 am

I just assume the new whis created duplicate Trunks we haven't met yet becomes the time patrol one.
Lets the other trunk rest, removes the awkwardness of two trunks's around.
And yet someone from the collective Trunks is paying off their shared debt.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.