Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dark_Tzitzimine
Regular

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by Dark_Tzitzimine » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:54 pm

For anyone in Spain, Planeta announce they will publish both Universe Mission and Big Bang Mission in Spanish next year

https://www.lacasadeel.net/2021/10/27-m ... comic.html

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:50 pm

Lucky them!!...
Still nothing announced in France...

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:59 am

Don't know if i'm allowed to share this on here but I found someone who reviews the Heroes manga (primarily the on-going Big Bang Mission saga) on Youtube and wanted to share it with you all so far I'm digging this persons' thoughts and perspectives on it

here's the link to the most recent review: https://youtu.be/zUFWFXKHKLg

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 pm

First images of chapter #13 :

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:13 pm

Last chapter ended with them dragonballing out of the empty universe right?

So the Gogetas get defused and it catches up to the anime. But I wonder when Mira comes in.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:21 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:57 pm First images of chapter #13 :
Oh boy, SSG Trunks is here. I wonder if he's going to play a major part in the next anime episode too. And most importantly I wonder if the Gogetas put up a better fight here than in the anime..

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:15 pm

Are the chapters no longer free on the internet?!...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:00 pm

There was only a single chapter that they posted online during the period of months this past summer/fall that Saikyo Jump went on hiatus to undergo a reformat and relaunch.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:15 pm

OK, thanks for your explanation!!...
Is it because the chapters are not free online that Kanzenshuu never mentions the publication of a new chapter of the manga in its news or just because it is a "spin-off" manga?!...

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:30 am

The new chapter was so amazing, It had both great humor and interesting fights, the art has really improved since it's early days too :clap:
This manga deserves more appreciation for how well it presents the Heroes story.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:32 pm

Xeogran wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:30 am The new chapter was so amazing, It had both great humor and interesting fights, the art has really improved since it's early days too :clap:
This manga deserves more appreciation for how well it presents the Heroes story.
Yeah they are letting the other time patrollers pick up the bfred people trunks gotta hold the boss while she did that weird Goku merge. Shroom fused and interrogated the enemy. Just more coherent than the anime.

But have we missed the chance to see Cell and the androids fight super 17? Have they all escaped yet?

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:15 pm

I've just discovered Shroosa : he is great!!...

So, was the 14th chapter (that I haven't seen yet) the final chapter of BIG BANG MISSION or will there be another one before the first chapter of ULTRA GOD MISSION?!...

SDBH : DDRM = 3 volumes
SDBH : UM = 2 volumes
SDBH : BBM = 3 volumes
That's a great (and still-growing) collection of mangas!!...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:24 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:15 pm So, was the 14th chapter (that I haven't seen yet) the final chapter of BIG BANG MISSION or will there be another one before the first chapter of ULTRA GOD MISSION?!...
Was there an announcement of a forthcoming "Ultra God Mission" manga series that I missed...?

The current chapter ends with flavor text saying something about Fu's experiment entering its final stage, but there's nothing I see anywhere about either this or next being the "final" chapter of "Big Bang Mission!!!" (even if that does end up being the case). The end-of-issue preview for the March issue (releasing in February) just promotes a regular "Big Bang Mission!!!" manga chapter like usual, likewise with no special designation about it.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:47 pm

OK!!...
I read somewhere that the "BBM" part of the SDBH manga ended this month, so it was wrong!!...

I don't know if any announcement was made for the ULTRA GOD MISSION part of the manga, but I'm sure there willbe a UGM manga when BBM is finished...

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:58 am

So the new tournament arc has started and it's a little bit more detailed than the anime arc already. We have team names and numbers better confirmation of the mechanics. Yamcha gets equally disrespected but shows a moment of cunning and bravery too. Jiren seemingly saves him at the end from Broly. Yamcha survives one chapter here so he's doing better than his anime counterpart.

3 teams can win, which makes team ups plausible.

Xeno Pan gets a little crush on Hit which is hillarious.
Hit states he's not going after anyone without killing intent so that makes all of our universe implicitly willing to team up with xenos and anyone else. It's only the two Gokus who want to fight.

Confirmed they can't fly which is seemingly different to the anime but like the top. Not sure if it's no kill or not. I think killings allowed.

I really want someone to make an infographic for the teams.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:20 pm

So I made a little google sheets and tried to make thumbnail images of the teams like people did for the ToP:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Blue is confirmed by the anime, sometimes we know the team number but not the team name. Sometimes it's obvious like Ginyu is gonna be on the Ginyu force team but it hasn't been stated.

What do you think?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:55 pm

I for one am disappointed with Xeno Pan's treatment. It's been years since she has been introduced, and she did nothing relevant except being used as comic relief.

I also feel like she's totally out of character. GT Pan could fight her own, especially against old-timer mooks who escaped from hell during the Super 17 saga.

It's almost like she's completely different character cosplaying as Pan. Where is all her spunk at?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:51 pm

Xeogran wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:55 pm I for one am disappointed with Xeno Pan's treatment. It's been years since she has been introduced, and she did nothing relevant except being used as comic relief.

I also feel like she's totally out of character. GT Pan could fight her own, especially against old-timer mooks who escaped from hell during the Super 17 saga.

It's almost like she's completely different character cosplaying as Pan. Where is all her spunk at?
Not to tell you how to feel but I feel like Pans treatment here wasn't like the animes treatment of Yamcha.

I thought the gag was she was more like grossed out by medamacha treating him like a stalker or a mangey stray dog rather then being fearful of his power. Tho his hax ability could be a threat if Hits hax wasn't more op.

I think how the rest of the arc goes will determine how I feel about this scene retroactivly.

Bear in mind any GT character let alone pan is super inferior to a super or normal Xeno character, but you are right, she should be a threat to a lot of these z era dudes.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:37 pm

TobyS wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:51 pm I thought the gag was she was more like grossed out by medamacha treating him like a stalker or a mangey stray dog rather then being fearful of his power. Tho his hax ability could be a threat if Hits hax wasn't more op.
It's probably this, but she couldn't land any serious hit on Janemba either in both the anime and manga last arc. This Tournament would be a good occasion to see her fight and defeat some old movie villains, so this was.. quite a lame start.
TobyS wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:51 pm Bear in mind any GT character let alone pan is super inferior to a super or normal Xeno character, but you are right, she should be a threat to a lot of these z era dudes.
Didn't the manga show she's been taken straight from the Shadow Dragons arc and just got a different outfit from Supreme Kai of Time?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:41 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:37 pm
TobyS wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:51 pm I thought the gag was she was more like grossed out by medamacha treating him like a stalker or a mangey stray dog rather then being fearful of his power. Tho his hax ability could be a threat if Hits hax wasn't more op.
It's probably this, but she couldn't land any serious hit on Janemba either in both the anime and manga last arc. This Tournament would be a good occasion to see her fight and defeat some old movie villains, so this was.. quite a lame start.
TobyS wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:51 pm Bear in mind any GT character let alone pan is super inferior to a super or normal Xeno character, but you are right, she should be a threat to a lot of these z era dudes.
Didn't the manga show she's been taken straight from the Shadow Dragons arc and just got a different outfit from Supreme Kai of Time?
Yeah that's where she's from but the Xeno characters are much stronger then their GT counterparts. So Pan was stronger then Z era dudes but weaker then her fellow GT cast who are in turn a lot weaker then the current Xeno characters. The new Janemba was strong enough to menace Blues, it'd be weird if she did get any hits in.

They did the same thing where Yamcha was about to fight a horde of people who, other than Yakon, he should have been able to beat, yet Jiren KS'ed him haha.