Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Tue May 10, 2022 6:01 pm

Xeno Goku Black wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:39 pm In the manga currently they have the Super Space Time Tournament which is made up of different teams. Is each team from an entirely different timeline because it certainly seems that way?

As Hearts and Cumber are on a different team from Goku and Xeno Goku then does that mean that Hearts is from an alternate dimension also? The Core Area Warriors, they don't just exist in the main timeline? But their arcs were set within the main timeline weren't they? Did they travel to the main timeline like the Time Patrol then?

I'm confused by all this.
That's a really good point, I guess seeing as the first arc was all about Fuu starting shit on that made up planet I think it's plausbile he moved the "heroes" team from another timeline.

I think they are like the bad ending timeline where villians won everything.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat May 14, 2022 5:29 pm

For me, Gokû and Vegeta from SDBH (I don't mean Gokû: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno) are not the ones from DB SUPER (and therefore DB) but from an alternate version of DB SUPER!!...
It is the same for Trunks: Xeno who is not the Trunks from the DB (and DB SUPER) manga since DB SUPER's Trunks is the one from the original DB manga : since the SDBH manga started with original drawings from Akira Toriyama, I suppose another timeline was created when Trunks: Xeno was created by Konoa while the original Trunks returned to his future without being caught by Konoa then later lives in the DB SUPER timeline...

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 14, 2022 7:32 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:29 pm For me, Gokû and Vegeta from SDBH (I don't mean Gokû: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno) are not the ones from DB SUPER (and therefore DB) but from an alternate version of DB SUPER!!...
It is the same for Trunks: Xeno who is not the Trunks from the DB (and DB SUPER) manga since DB SUPER's Trunks is the one from the original DB manga : since the SDBH manga started with original drawings from Akira Toriyama, I suppose another timeline was created when Trunks: Xeno was created by Konoa while the original Trunks returned to his future without being caught by Konoa then later lives in the DB SUPER timeline...
I had the headcanon that the Xeno trunks is the second trunk from the two trunks timeline, he's superfluous and the perfect one to take.

Some materials recently referred to him as being from some "unknown" timeline. Which is stupid because it's like saying "oh you don't know what timeline he's from? He's from the "uknown" timline!" ok thanks Toei cheers.

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Sun May 15, 2022 3:22 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 5:29 pm For me, Gokû and Vegeta from SDBH (I don't mean Gokû: Xeno and Vegeta: Xeno) are not the ones from DB SUPER (and therefore DB) but from an alternate version of DB SUPER!!...
It's possible, they appear to have gone through the events of Broly but then also know characters like Cooler and Turles.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sun May 15, 2022 7:02 pm

Moreover, they don't wear the same clothes as their SUPER counterpart... so, can we call them ": Xeno" too?!...
What's the definition of a character": Xeno"?!...

So, I'm glad to have bought all the anime-comics of the Z movies so I could put them near the SDBH mangas (as soon as they are available in France) to give more background to the story!!...

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:10 pm

Not that we needed a confirmation, but it's good that they have explicitly said that there's supposed to be only one Kaioshin of Time.

I don't think I will ever understand the fact that Kaioshin of Time is a "multiversal singularity" but not Zeno. :crazy: One would be forgiven to assume whoever holds that title to be above Zeno in the hierarchy due to that detail.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:51 am

Grimlock wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:10 pm Not that we needed a confirmation, but it's good that they have explicitly said that there's supposed to be only one Kaioshin of Time.

I don't think I will ever understand the fact that Kaioshin of Time is a "multiversal singularity" but not Zeno. :crazy: One would be forgiven to assume whoever holds that title to be above Zeno in the hierarchy due to that detail.
I don't have a problem, it's not that she is above Xeno it's just that she's specifically in charge of time, so shes outside of it, to better see it and work on it, and thus she doesn't get duplicated.

As for the latest chapter, not a lot happened. Confirmed this is round 2 and not the tourney being over. Other than Hearts I dont care about the heros team dying. Worried about Yamcha each chapter.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:56 pm

I do, when you have someone supposed to be above all else, putting such limitations is not doing the character and the role they are supposed to take any favor. It also puts into question everything they should represent for. It doesn't help that Zeno so far can "only" erase an Universe.

I think this is why more and more I take into consideration that the guidebook acknowledges Toribot as an actual character. Even if he's more comical in nature, he should be able to do more than what Zeno does, and considering he appears everywhere, it's also very likely he's a multiversal singularity, all this combined effectively puts him above Zeno.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:35 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:56 pm I do, when you have someone supposed to be above all else, putting such limitations is not doing the character and the role they are supposed to take any favor. It also puts into question everything they should represent for. It doesn't help that Zeno so far can "only" erase an Universe.

I think this is why more and more I take into consideration that the guidebook acknowledges Toribot as an actual character. Even if he's more comical in nature, he should be able to do more than what Zeno does, and considering he appears everywhere, it's also very likely he's a multiversal singularity, all this combined effectively puts him above Zeno.
This is western fans assuming it has to work like a judeo christian god, or marvel ooa. So what? He's a higher god but there can be more? There's no reason it has to work the other way. It's all fictional there is no precedent. Duplicating the highest god could be the reason time travel is not allowed.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:29 am

DB takes a lot from Wuxia, and in Wuxia there is ALWAYS a higher god.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:20 pm

On the DB wikia, we can find sumamries for every chapters :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Chap ... d_Mission)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:53 am

So I updated the sheet for the Teams on the Manga chapter 4 and Anime episode 3:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Whats interesting is firstly, Wheelo is fighting Goku and Xeno Vegeta in the Namek area.
And in the anime is in the glass area.

I'm not sure if they are supposed to be fighting or they just have beef.

Because weirdly the anime seems to have people put in mixed teams, with a bunch of other filler and movie randoms who weren't there before, it seems the be the case that they are to team up and fight the one warrior in black or in the next ep they will tell them the rules and dip, saying it's a free for all.

But then what do these new contestents in the anime get for this. I assume they are perhaps also from one of the three teams timelines, perhaps reinforcements.

Glass lady made some henchmen but not in the anime.

I'm using the anime pics for the warriors in black because none de-hooded yet.

I assume the discrepancies will come out in the wash with say Wheelo dying and stuff.

Really curious for another chapter/episode.

Whats going on in the game right now?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:11 pm

So re-reading hit got glassed.

Is he dead or is it like Dabra where you kill the guy and it's undone.

Which begs the question what happened to Zamasu after Laggs died... Or is being absorbed by Ozzotto mean shes not dead?

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Decided to read up to the latest Ultra God Mission chapter after I was slacking off after Big Bang Mission, relatively fun stuff (at least compared to the past 2 Mission mangas), Nagayama continues to impress on an art and paneling front.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:25 am

So do we predict the tournament will get interrupted or will 2 teams get wiped out? I can easily see 17, the colds and wheelo dying but it will be weird if they Have to murder the Xenos or super team to survive.

Hearts and turles dying while haloed would have them fucked possibly beyond the super Dragonballs abilities...

Shorty GZ2
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shorty GZ2 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:57 pm

Interrupted I think

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:27 am

Like in almost all tournaments in shônen mangas, I would stay 'interrupetd"!!...

Xeno Goku Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Xeno Goku Black » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:49 pm

The Tournament is that rushed through and haphazard that I don't think it'd be any loss either way would it?

It will surely be interrupted though.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:34 pm

After this chapter and fight I don't think it will be disrupted.

Yamcha protected the glass woman from Cooler, Hearts turned on his own comrade knocking him down with gravity cubes bit didn't kill him.

She's just a person who blocked off her emotions after she got her race genocided. Hearts mentioned that she may have another of her race alive in laggs but he doesn't know about her fate.

Hearts is back on his god overthrowing Schick but it's good because they are fighting a war for survival against Aios this time.

So we only have Piccolo and Bardock left. And we know they aren't evil dudes.

We dont know where Goku Gohan Piccolo or chronoa fit in yet. Vegetas placement is already changed Vs anime

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:54 am

Summary of the 5th chapter on the wikia :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Chap ... d_Mission)