Officially translated works from Toriyama?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Officially translated works from Toriyama?

Post by SSGSS Goku » Mon May 06, 2019 10:13 pm

I don’t know if this is the place to ask this but aside from Dr. Slump and Dragon Ball, which Toriyama works have official translations? I’m asking this because I know that some of them are weirdly scattered around (like Neko Majin Z having one translated chapter in a Shonen Jump Issue and Kintoki randomly being available in a Comixology bundle for Dragon Ball that no longer exists), so I’m wondering if there is a complete list out there and where they would be available (or at least at one point where they were available)

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: Officially translated works from Toriyama?

Post by Danfun64 » Tue May 07, 2019 1:14 am

The Dragon Quest games, as well as Chrono Trigger (was Toriyama directly involved in Chrono Cross? If so, that too) and the seemingly less well known game Blue Dragon.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: Officially translated works from Toriyama?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue May 07, 2019 4:58 am

Danfun64 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:14 am The Dragon Quest games, as well as Chrono Trigger (was Toriyama directly involved in Chrono Cross? If so, that too) and the seemingly less well known game Blue Dragon.
Hm, there were like two games of Blue Dragon. On Xbox 360 and on the DS.

I love that the 360 version used anime graphics so it was almost like a series and Norio Wakamoto voiced an evil character I can't remember.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the Blue Dragon series were never fully released on home release? I remember the Manga UK version but that's incomplete.