Does Toriyama have attachment to his works?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is Toriyama lazy?

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 pm

I mean, if you ever find yourself working on a series every single day, barely getting any sleep, spending several years writing and drawing until you're finally done with that series, then surely you don't even want to think about that series for a long-ass time. If I was in Toriyama's position I know that I would've reached a point where I don't even want to think about my work anymore because I spent so much of my life just working on it. It is very possible that he would've felt that way about Dragon Ball at some point. The fact that he's back working on the franchise again is pretty incredible.

Toriyama (and any mangaka that works on a serialisation for a long period of time) is absolutely not lazy. The amount of willpower it would take to push through a weekly serialisation for several years and still come through with a quality story and wonderful illustrations is nothing short of amazing.

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Does Toriyama have attachment to his works?

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 pm

I changed the title of the thread to ask more accurately what I had in mind regarding this subject.