Advisory for those buying the DB Super Blu-rays online

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chilly

Advisory for those buying the DB Super Blu-rays online

Post by Chilly » Mon May 20, 2019 4:09 pm

As if DB fans didn't have enough to worry about, I recently found out that certain online vendors are passing off counterfeit DB Super Parts as the real thing. I'm sure some of you already knew this (and I know there are a few other topics), but it is quite insane how close they look to the actual, licensed product. Another thing is that some of these bootlegs are coming from 3rd Party Amazon sellers who use Amazon's shipping/distribution to send out the product.

Here's a quick video I found spotting the differences between the Funimation Dragon Ball Super Part Blu-rays and the bootleg copies:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 7tnZONIXmT

Anyone know if this sort of issue happened with the Blu-rays of DBZ Kai?

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Re: Advisory for those buying the DB Super Blu-rays online

Post by Tylerman29 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:34 pm

Chilly wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 4:09 pm As if DB fans didn't have enough to worry about, I recently found out that certain online vendors are passing off counterfeit DB Super Parts as the real thing. I'm sure some of you already knew this (and I know there are a few other topics), but it is quite insane how close they look to the actual, licensed product. Another thing is that some of these bootlegs are coming from 3rd Party Amazon sellers who use Amazon's shipping/distribution to send out the product.

Here's a quick video I found spotting the differences between the Funimation Dragon Ball Super Part Blu-rays and the bootleg copies:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 7tnZONIXmT

Anyone know if this sort of issue happened with the Blu-rays of DBZ Kai?
Yeah bootlegs have run rampant on Ebay and Amazon and SO many people are getting swindled, its really sad...I've tried to report every listing I see, but there are far too many, and new ones pop up constantly. Bootlegs have gotten scary good at looking like the legit thing..the biggest tell for me is the shrink wrap over the slipcover, official releases only wrap the blu case.

I've learned this stuff the hard way; I got duped by bootlegs for FMA: Brotherhood..but its not as bad since its out of print and official copies go for ridiculous prices.

I havn't personally seen Kai with this problem but I wouldn't be surprised if there are bootleg season sets out there of those.
DB, Z, and GT subbed are my "canon".
SSJ4 > Any transformation in Super.

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Advisory for those buying the DB Super Blu-rays online

Post by bernhard90 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:55 am

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=43610&start=60

I made this topic, because there are more bootlegs in circulation.