HMV sale on Manga UK 's Movie Collection and Super Parts

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

HMV sale on Manga UK 's Movie Collection and Super Parts

Post by 90sDBZ » Fri May 24, 2019 2:16 pm

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/1131977158551908352

£39:99 for the Blu-ray Movie Collection. Not bad at all. And £9:99 for the Super Parts, which I'm guessing are the DVD versions.

I'm really glad HMV managed to avoid going bust, as they're the only UK high street store that sells most of Manga UK's DB releases. Just the other week I went into HMV to see most of DB, Z, and GT neatly lined up in the anime section, with a bit of Super and a couple of the movies for good measure. I also see these cool DBZ coffee mugs which light up whenever I go there, and DBZ wallets, and I've seen posters there too.

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Re: HMV sale on Manga UK 's Movie Collection and Super Parts

Post by LostTimeLord » Fri May 24, 2019 2:56 pm

The DBZ Movie Collection might refer to the DVD version, though, right?
Shame HMV's online shop is gone. Last time I checked, the Super BDs were two for £25 there.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat May 25, 2019 4:58 am

I really wish we still had HMV in Ireland. I have so many great memories of going in any time I was in the local shopping centre to be surrounded by hundreds of titles and picking up a few on sale. I heard they are making a comeback in Canada so maybe there's still hope.

We still have Golden Discs and Tower Records, but sadly while the latter sells some anime (Ghibli mostly) neither sells any Dragon Ball, which is a shame after how well the movies did on Sky Cinema and Broly getting quite the extended run in theatres.

I highly encourage anyone with holes in their Dragon Ball home video collection and some cash to spare go out and support these offers so HMV can continue to sell Dragon Ball for the near future.

Out of interest 90sDBZ was there any Kai in the store too?
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat May 25, 2019 2:52 pm

LostTimeLord wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:56 pm The DBZ Movie Collection might refer to the DVD version, though, right?
Shame HMV's online shop is gone. Last time I checked, the Super BDs were two for £25 there.
It could be the DVD version for the Movie set too actually. I keep forgetting they released a DVD version of it. Both versions are £60 on Amazon right now, so it could potentially be either.
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:58 am I really wish we still had HMV in Ireland. I have so many great memories of going in any time I was in the local shopping centre to be surrounded by hundreds of titles and picking up a few on sale. I heard they are making a comeback in Canada so maybe there's still hope.

We still have Golden Discs and Tower Records, but sadly while the latter sells some anime (Ghibli mostly) neither sells any Dragon Ball, which is a shame after how well the movies did on Sky Cinema and Broly getting quite the extended run in theatres.

I highly encourage anyone with holes in their Dragon Ball home video collection and some cash to spare go out and support these offers so HMV can continue to sell Dragon Ball for the near future.

Out of interest 90sDBZ was there any Kai in the store too?
I didn't realise Ireland didn't have HMV anymore, damn that sucks.

I don't think there was any Kai there this time. In the stores I go to they pretty much always have several if not all Seasons of Z, with DB and GT being there less often but fairly often. I have to admit I don't see Kai very often at all these days, having only seen TFC in store once since it released. I guess imports hurt the sales pretty badly for that.

Funnily enough I've seen those cancelled individual Z parts that were intended for Sainsbury's a few times. BoG and RF are usually there, and some of the Double Features too.

I've also seen CeX stock the entirety of DB and Z a couple of times.