Did the franchise ever POSITIVELY affect you?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Re: Did the franchise ever POSITIVELY affect you?

Post by Omniboy » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:02 pm

I know, I'm a little late and all, but it's what jump started my start at becoming an illustrator. I remember that in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade we would be able to purchase books from their selection, and I would always purchase the Dragon ball Z tracing books. As time went on it came to the point that instead of tracing, I would reference and draw the pictures instead so I can show them off to my friends at school. I even started using pictures from the internet. But I stopped drawing in high school for whatever reason, then after I graduated, realized that becoming a personal trainer is not the fulfilling career aspect for me, realized that I am not good at much else, then remembered I used to like drawing, and decided to college to practice and get a degree in art. I guess it's a bit soon to say whether on not it will be positive, but you know, it something.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:31 am

yeah in a couple ways. one of the biggest being in that joining this site i kinda learned how to talk too people online and kinda be in a community, which i had a very abusive home life at the time (and still do but i'd rather not get into that) so just kinda getting away from that and posting on here and talking too people who didn't make me feel like shit was nice.

as for the actual series, yeah i think so. it just gave me a lot of good times, and still does. it never like changed my life or was my gateway too more stuff i like (besides dr. slump i guess), but it's just been a very fun series for me and no matter what i can always feel a little better reading the old manga volumes or watching it.
pick it up pick it up pick it up pick it up pick it up pick it up pick it up pick it up

DBZAOTA482
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:34 am

It inspired me to draw/write and to become stronger.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31207&p=969551#p969545

Melee_Sovereign
Beyond Newbie

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:31 pm

Dragon Ball inspired me to stay in shape and do martial arts. It also inspired me to learn how to draw.

SSJGAffleck

Post by SSJGAffleck » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:32 pm

I honestly don't know if I'd still be here if it wasn't for Dragon Ball. I have been in some pretty dark places and my love for it and my collection of DB really helped me when it felt like nothing else could.

Paulo Gabriel
Beyond Newbie

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:16 am

SSJGAffleck wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:32 pm
I honestly don't know if I'd still be here if it wasn't for Dragon Ball. I have been in some pretty dark places and my love for it and my collection of DB really helped me when it felt like nothing else could.
That's powerful. Thank you for sharing.

Ringworm128
I Live Here

Post by Ringworm128 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:44 pm

Yes. I was thinking a few weeks ago about how getting into Dragon Ball had a huge butterfly effect on my life.

My interests would probably be completely different right now, I wouldn't be studying music right now, and I would have never met any of my online friends, even ones I've known for less than a year if I had never started watching DBZ back in late 2008.