What canon or non-canon character(s) would you like to see return in the next installment of Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What canon or non-canon character(s) would you like to see return in the next installment of Dragon Ball?

Post by omegacwa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:47 am

ABED wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:02 pm Again with that damn word - potential. Lunch was a gag character that stayed around for a long time and was never useful plot-wise. She was good for a joke. That's it. She had a good run.
I don't see the harm in her "just being around". Maybe popping up every now and again. She could have easily been included in at least 1 episode of super. I mean they included Arale, why not Lunch?

Toxin45
Regular

Re: What canon or non-canon character(s) would you like to see return in the next installment of Dragon Ball?

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:43 pm

sintzu wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:11 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:51 pm Trunks is debatable but an end to his story was given.

I think that several movie characters could be re-written to re-introduce themselves as characters from other universes in the series.
His story was finished when he killed the androids and Cell of his timeline, there was no need to bring him back let alone in a story very similar to his original one.

Why not just give those universes their own original characters ?
Because no one cares and Moro was that but his arc is coming to a close so that is all your gonna get dude. We get dude you want new characters but stop saying that it's really getting annoying now.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:50 pm

ABED wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:18 pm But there's no conflict there and home life has never been a priority for DB.
That's why Moro is there dude and we have the multiverse.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:59 pm

sintzu wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:23 pm
ABED wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:07 pmSecond Broly?
Kale was introduced based on Broly's popularity (according to a producer) but even that wasn't enough so they brought in the original as well. All that's left is to find a way to bring over the original Broly from Movie 8 so we can have 3 Brolys.
I have a simple way through an simple trope Twin brother separated at birth. :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:03 pm

It still bugs me that neither Jiren nor (in the manga) Hit got their rematches with Goku despite that being set up and Goku clearly wanting to fight them again (as well as Goku not really jumping significantly in power since they last saw each other). Nor do we really see any of Jiren post character development. Post-ToP Goku only mentions Jiren a few times (indirectly) and never mentions Hit. I can't see Toriyama squeezing them into the next movie so they're just kind of left as dangling threads, illogical ones given that they're still around or above Goku's strength and Goku still retains his "fight strong opponents" goal.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:16 pm

Just going to point this out. Android 17's wish, or rather his wording, was very ambiguous. "Restore all the universes that were erased", so does that mean all the universes that were erased by both Zenos? Does that mean all the universes that they ever erased, or just the ones that participated in the Tournament? It would be fairly easy to justify the return of Black or Zamasu in retrospect.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 pm

Also and to answer the topic question here is my personnal of character that I would love to return:

-Tarble
-Paikuhan
-Cooler

I would love also a retooled Bebi along with Hatchiyack and do a real canonical arc about the Tsuful.
SupremeKai25 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:16 pm Just going to point this out. Android 17's wish, or rather his wording, was very ambiguous. "Restore all the universes that were erased", so does that mean all the universes that were erased by both Zenos? Does that mean all the universes that they ever erased, or just the ones that participated in the Tournament? It would be fairly easy to justify the return of Black or Zamasu in retrospect.
Tricky isn't it :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:49 pm

omegacwa wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:47 am
ABED wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:02 pm Again with that damn word - potential. Lunch was a gag character that stayed around for a long time and was never useful plot-wise. She was good for a joke. That's it. She had a good run.
I don't see the harm in her "just being around". Maybe popping up every now and again. She could have easily been included in at least 1 episode of super. I mean they included Arale, why not Lunch?
Agreed. Lunch totally should have popped up again in Super. Toriyama or Toei must really dislike that character.

Two characters I would like to see return if they insist on continuing this would be Shapener and Eraza. I thought they were great side characters in the Boo saga and was always excited to see them show up. Maybe they would now be married and become involved with Gohan and Videl again.

And I guess if they're gonna reboot Broli then they might as well reboot Coola too, especially with Freeza now in the mix.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm

No on every single one of those points. Rebooting Coola alone is a truly awful idea. No more Freeza or anything from that world. Let's move on from Freeza.

Remember when DB used to be forward thinking and constantly changing? Toriyama loved to subvert audience expectations and took joy in possibly angering them by not giving them what they want.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

jollyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by jollyr » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:52 am

I'd like to see Neko Majin Z make his canonical appearance. I've always been a fan.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:39 am

ABED wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm No on every single one of those points. Rebooting Coola alone is a truly awful idea. No more Freeza or anything from that world. Let's move on from Freeza.

Remember when DB used to be forward thinking and constantly changing? Toriyama loved to subvert audience expectations and took joy in possibly angering them by not giving them what they want.
Too late for that dude Frieza is here to stay and toriyama will never give you what you want. Frieza is the most recurring villain of the franchise now so suck it up dude. You keep complaining about this and it is getting old by this point so give up on that idea of yours and just accept it already. We already have Moro so stop ranting about this it is getting kinda annoying by this point.
Last edited by Toxin45 on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:10 am

jollyr wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:52 am I'd like to see Neko Majin Z make his canonical appearance. I've always been a fan.
Yes. that would be awesome! :thumbup:

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:22 pm

Toxin45 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:39 am
ABED wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:39 pm No on every single one of those points. Rebooting Coola alone is a truly awful idea. No more Freeza or anything from that world. Let's move on from Freeza.

Too late for that dude Frieza is here to stay and toriyama will never give you what you want. Frieza is the most recurring villain of the franchise now so suck it up dude. You keep complaining about this and it is getting old by this point so give up on that idea of yours and just accept it already. We already have Moro so stop ranting about this it is getting kinda annoying by this point.
I put you on my ignore list for just this reason. My bad for responding, but I can't believe you are still on here pulling this crap. Stop responding to ever single comment that expresses negativity towards Freeza or seeing him continually. It's childish. You have not said a single different thing than you did months ago. Knock it off. Please don't respond to me.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm

ABED wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:22 pm
Toxin45 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:39 am

I put you on my ignore list for just this reason. My bad for responding, but I can't believe you are still on here pulling this crap. Stop responding to ever single comment that expresses negativity towards Freeza or seeing him continually. It's childish. You have not said a single different thing than you did months ago. Knock it off. Please don't respond to me.
Dude your complain about a franchise over 30 years old by this point and Goku is the main character we get it already but you want the franchise to end I get it but please chill out aleady we will get there when it gets there We still got the Moro arc and with more stories to tell anyway so keep yourself in check and calm down already. Your the one who is still negative about the franchise consant revivals dude If people still want Dragon Ball they would Also you even older yet still complaining about how the franchise is still ongoing This isn't about frieza it's about the whole franchise in general with Jiren,hit,and Moro the other characters I am talking about yet those new characters didn't impress you Dragon Ball anime and manga will end if Akira and toei decides to do but not right now.