I need help deciding what to buy (dvd) for those who bought the bricks

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

I need help deciding what to buy (dvd) for those who bought the bricks

Post by anubisj » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi people,

I want to buy dbz orange bricks season 1-9; I know for a fact that the UK versions don´t have a slipcase, since I have some uk orange bricks. Do the US orange bricks have slipcases? I´m asking because I have the US Dragon Ball blue bricks and they have slipcases, which is a packaging format that I prefer by far to the UK format. If the US orange bricks also have slipcases, I´ll buy them cheap and new from ebay (anybody has any experience with ebay? I´m getting them from China for less than 30 dollars, could it be a scam?).

In any case, I would also like to know if there are any differences between the US and the UK versions, aside from showing the logo and region differences.

Finally, as for the green GT bricks, same question, do the US versions have slipcases? And as a bonus question, I noticed there´s Dragon Ball GT Complete series, which is the 2 seasons in one, but I would like to have the season 2 cover too (it has gogeta ssj4). So, if I buy the complete package, will it feature the two slipcases? Or is it just a big box with Goku ssj 4 on the cover?

I mean, if it´s just a big box, which you open to get the discs, I´d rather buy the two seasons separated, but if it contains the two slipcases "inside" the box, with the two covers, I will buy it, because it´s cheaper.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: I need help deciding what to buy (dvd) for those who bought the bricks

Post by omegacwa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:34 pm

The US releases have slip cases. I would definitely not buy from China on Ebay. Almost guaranteed to be a scam if the price is that low.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:35 pm

As far as I know they and GT sets have the slipcase in the US version.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Thanks for the info, now all I need to know is the GT thing (complete series or season 1 and season 2); as for the scam stuff, well it certainly seems fishy, but only because of the price and the fact that it´s from China. I don´t know, it came up recently and already sold to two people. It says seasons 1-9, brand new, and the image shows the US version. Also free shipping. :problem:

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:01 pm

anubisj wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:44 pm Thanks for the info, now all I need to know is the GT thing (complete series or season 1 and season 2); as for the scam stuff, well it certainly seems fishy, but only because of the price and the fact that it´s from China. I don´t know, it came up recently and already sold to two people. It says seasons 1-9, brand new, and the image shows the US version. Also free shipping. :problem:
Look at it this way, if it's only $30, if it turns out to be bootleg it's not a huge financial loss. You might even be able to file a claim with eBay and get your money back, but only if it says in the item description something like "authentic item" or something similar. If it doesn't say something like that you're taking a risk. If they never send you the item you can also file a claim with eBay.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:08 pm

GT is one big slipcase that has both sets, it doesn't contain the Ssj4 Gogeta slipcase.

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:58 am

Damn, thank you both. I think I will try my luck with the Ebay collection, and will buy both GT seasons at a later date.

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:40 pm

Some extra info: there are two different cases GT bricks with contains both seasons.

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie

Post by LostTimeLord » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:12 am

The UK versions are packaged in 1.5-2 times thick DVD keepcases instead of digipacks. The GT logo is edited in both versions. Content-wise, Z and GT are the same except for the lack of a marathon play on the first few Z sets and possibly lacking the Japanese episode titles (the "remastered" GT sets never had those in the first place). The UK sets also have PAL speed-up applied.

SqueakyBoots
Beyond Newbie

Post by SqueakyBoots » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:29 am

anubisj wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:44 pmas for the scam stuff, well it certainly seems fishy, but only because of the price and the fact that it´s from China. I don´t know, it came up recently and already sold to two people. It says seasons 1-9, brand new, and the image shows the US version. Also free shipping. :problem:
99% sure you were looking at a bootleg.

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:00 pm

Well in the end I didn´t buy the collection, but thinking it now, it was definitely a scam. Just needed the perspective. And apparently it isn´t available anymore on ebay. Phew. That was a close one.

I will buy it from amazon, at a later date.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:34 pm

anubisj wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:00 pm Well in the end I didn´t buy the collection, but thinking it now, it was definitely a scam. Just needed the perspective. And apparently it isn´t available anymore on ebay. Phew. That was a close one.

I will buy it from amazon, at a later date.
I know Ebay has trust worthy sellers but for every one of them there are 2 or more who just rip people off so you should just stick with amazon.