Should the episodes of SDBH air on TV and/or get a DVD release?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Should the episodes of SDBH air on TV and/or get a DVD release?

Post by TheRed259 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm

Personally, I think that they should at least get a DVD release. They are putting a lot of effort in the animation lately (episode 13) and it would be a shame if these episodes end up only for the web. Airing them sometime on TV would be a good idea as well.

Ajay

Re: Should the episodes of SDBH air on TV and/or get a DVD release?

Post by Ajay » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:37 pm

Having physical media is always a plus to me, so I'd happily take a Blu-ray, even though I don't care masses about the show. Anything to avoid YouTube compression would be nice.

Personally, I just want an OST release. Yuya Mori's music is fantastic.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:35 am

I agree with Ajay, broadcast and streams are temporary, physical media lasts forever as long as you take care of the discs.

I'm a collector at heart and always looking for new titles to add, but anything Dragon Ball especially.

Unfortunately I can't see it happening unless I hear something concrete about there being plans to release Heroes internationally, but it would be a shame if it never came to pass as it would print money.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:26 am

TheRed259 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:57 pm Personally, I think that they should at least get a DVD release. They are putting a lot of effort in the animation lately (episode 13) and it would be a shame if these episodes end up only for the web. Airing them sometime on TV would be a good idea as well.
It's been a fun thing while waiting for more super, so
gimme blu rays. Especially if the quality is kept at the level of the last 3 episodes.

anubisj
Beyond Newbie

Post by anubisj » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:30 pm

I would buy them for dvd if the quality is nice and there´s a dub option. Heroes is not my favorite thing, and these episodes are too short to really encompass a true saga, but they are still entertaining and certain concepts are cool. The problem is the dub; I would love for it to be dubbed in english, however, I´ve heard horrible things about the Super dub...In any case, if they ever release a full dragon ball dvd/bd collection, I think Heroes deserves to be included in it.