Possible details on Selecta Vision's Dragon Ball (1986-1989) bluray release

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: Possible details on Selecta Vision's Dragon Ball (1986-1989) bluray release

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:49 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:21 pm I won't lie...I've been seriously considering pulling the trigger on these. I understand some Spanish, so I could probably reasonably follow the subtitles, and I'd like to own a version of Dragon Ball with all the OP/ED credits (as of now I own the Blue Bricks). I also really dig the packaging. But then there's the price to consider. :crazy:

EDIT: I've decided I'm better off getting the Japanese Dragon Boxes, a region-free player, and keeping the Blue Bricks so that I have a version I understand. But I want to experience the show in its original presentation also. I have a problem. :lol:
Naw, I have a problem lol What made you decide to get the Dragon Box over the Blu-rays, might I ask?

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:31 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:49 pm
Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:21 pm I won't lie...I've been seriously considering pulling the trigger on these. I understand some Spanish, so I could probably reasonably follow the subtitles, and I'd like to own a version of Dragon Ball with all the OP/ED credits (as of now I own the Blue Bricks). I also really dig the packaging. But then there's the price to consider. :crazy:

EDIT: I've decided I'm better off getting the Japanese Dragon Boxes, a region-free player, and keeping the Blue Bricks so that I have a version I understand. But I want to experience the show in its original presentation also. I have a problem. :lol:
Naw, I have a problem lol What made you decide to get the Dragon Box over the Blu-rays, might I ask?
Honestly just me adding the figures up lol. Both are expensive :crazy:, but I can get the Dragon Boxes for a lower price. That, and they're a more celebrated product than these Selecta-Vision blu-rays, it seems.
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:22 pm

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:31 pm
TheGreatness25 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:49 pm

Honestly just me adding the figures up lol. Both are expensive :crazy:, but I can get the Dragon Boxes for a lower price. That, and they're a more celebrated product than these Selecta-Vision blu-rays, it seems.
I got the rental disc version if DB and Z for around 150 each they came with no cases but all arrived in great shape (minus a disc or two with light scratches but still play 100%) threw em in custom cases and was all set. Very pleased overall

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:37 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:22 pm I got the rental disc version if DB and Z for around 150 each they came with no cases but all arrived in great shape (minus a disc or two with light scratches but still play 100%) threw em in custom cases and was all set. Very pleased overall
Thanks a lot for mentioning this! I managed to find a listing of these for DB. :)
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:57 am

Demon Prince Piccolo wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:37 pm
eledoremassis02 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:22 pm I got the rental disc version if DB and Z for around 150 each they came with no cases but all arrived in great shape (minus a disc or two with light scratches but still play 100%) threw em in custom cases and was all set. Very pleased overall
Thanks a lot for mentioning this! I managed to find a listing of these for DB. :)
Glad to be of help! :D if you need case art I can point you in the right direction