AB Groupe lying about missing Japanese records

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

coola
I Live Here

AB Groupe lying about missing Japanese records

Post by coola » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:01 am

This review is from Kawaii 12/2001-1/2002, Polish anime/manga magazine https://ibb.co/DtNVHHV

And it have interesting bit, Planet Manga (they relased DBZ Movies 1 - 3 with French dub and Polish voice) said, they planned to use Japanese original, but AB Groupe told them, that Japanese copies are long gone, with is funny, since Dead Zone was first released on DVD in 1997 and they have Japanese original, not to mention they just released DBZ Movies 1 - 3 on DVD October same year (by time of release of this magazine)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Tian
Advanced Regular

Re: AB Groupe lying about missing Japanese records

Post by Tian » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 pm

It is me or it was a requirement for Dragon Ball in Poland to be lektored by some guy called Zbigniew? :lol:

There's Zbigniew Dobrzański, Zbigniew Raciborski and now that article mentions Zbigniew Ku.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:56 am

Tian wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 pm It is me or it was a requirement for Dragon Ball in Poland to be lektored by some guy called Zbigniew? :lol:

There's Zbigniew Dobrzański, Zbigniew Raciborski and now that article mentions Zbigniew Ku.
I havent noticed it, that's pretty funny coincdence :) Unfortunately, last DB anime that aired here with lektor, was DBZ Kai on AXN Spin, and lector was Andzej Gajda :) Dragon Ball Super had proper Polish dub.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:43 pm

coola wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:01 am This review is from Kawaii 12/2001-1/2002, Polish anime/manga magazine https://ibb.co/DtNVHHV

And it have interesting bit, Planet Manga (they relased DBZ Movies 1 - 3 with French dub and Polish voice) said, they planned to use Japanese original, but AB Groupe told them, that Japanese copies are long gone, with is funny, since Dead Zone was first released on DVD in 1997 and they have Japanese original, not to mention they just released DBZ Movies 1 - 3 on DVD October same year (by time of release of this magazine)
They probably didn't find it quickly and didn't bother to search for it.