Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:54 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:43 pm “I heard rumors thar actresses had been recast for refusing sexual advances”

Yeah that doesn’t pan out. Pretty sure it was confirmed Vollmer either moved out of state or retired from voice acting, they tried to keep Young as Freeza but Young couldn’t do her Freeza voice and keep up with the new ADR process, and Nadolny iirc had to many legal problems for Funimation to deal with.

And Meredith McCoy, not sure why she didn’t reprise her role for Kai but she did reprise her role for Super and the revival movies so there’s that.

I guess it’s not out of the realm of the possibility that Nadolny was recast because she refused Sabat’s advances I don’t want to rule it out (and if its true Sabat can get bent) but its all suspect that Huber “heard rumors” and unless Miss Nadolny comes out and says something I’m not going to take it too seriously.
In Meredith McCoy’s case, it was because she simply wasn’t available around that time. It’s the same reason why Brad Jackson wasn’t voicing Oolong.

Anyway, Nadolny does have a Twitter account, but she’s hardly ever active on it, and I doubt she’d discuss something like this. Still, her last tweet was this (https://mobile.twitter.com/Stephvox/sta ... 4136155137), so it doesn’t seem like she has any hard feelings towards FUNimation.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 pm

^So this may be off-topic but I honestly hope they bring back Naldony as Kid Goku. If they were able to bring back Android 18 for whatever reason then they should be able to bring back Nadolny.
One World. 🌐 🕊

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:04 pm

PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 pm ^So this may be off-topic but I honestly hope they bring back Naldony as Kid Goku. If they were able to bring back Android 18 for whatever reason then they should be able to bring back Nadolny.
Dear god no. She's one of the worst castings in DB. Also, didn't Nadolny get a DUI?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:06 pm

ABED wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:04 pm
PhoenixEX wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:59 pm ^So this may be off-topic but I honestly hope they bring back Naldony as Kid Goku. If they were able to bring back Android 18 for whatever reason then they should be able to bring back Nadolny.
Dear god no. She's one of the worst castings in DB. Also, didn't Nadolny get a DUI?
Iirc having multiple dui’s was the issue .

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:47 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:43 pm I guess it’s not out of the realm of the possibility that Nadolny was recast because she refused Sabat’s advances I don’t want to rule it out (and if its true Sabat can get bent) but its all suspect that Huber “heard rumors” and unless Miss Nadolny comes out and says something I’m not going to take it too seriously.
Then there's the question of why Huber took so long to say anything, if what he had to say was truly so important.

The whole thing reeks of desperation & hypocrisy.
Isn't same thing can be said about Marchi and others? If Vic really did what she said he did (pull her hair etc.) she should go to police first thing in the morning, yet it all went down soon after DB Super Broly, when Vic popularity skyrocketed.

As for Schemmel, he often came out as primadonna, disrespect fans at cons, saying he is the English Goku and rest English Goku VA are not important and refuse to come to "English Goku" panel.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:15 pm

coola wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 pm Isn't same thing can be said about Marchi and others? If Vic really did what she said he did (pull her hair etc.) she should go to police first thing in the morning, yet it all went down soon after DB Super Broly, when Vic popularity skyrocketed.
As far as the actual defendants, people like Kara Edwards have TRIED to do something about Vic in the past, to no avail. Their complaints would be promptly buried, as they had nobody to speak on their behalf.

This is different. Chuck Huber has already thrown in his lot with Vic Mignogna, and has the backing of Nick, Ty, and all of Vic's fans. There's no reason for them to have held onto all this as long as they have, except to smear FUNi at an inopportune time.

EDIT: It'd be like if an active member of Joe Biden's campaign claimed a bunch of scandalous things about Donald Trump... VS if 30 former "Miss USA" contestants did the same. The political campaign member has every reason to lie, but the Miss USA contestants don't, you know what I mean?
Last edited by Fionordequester on Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm

coola wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 pm Isn't same thing can be said about Marchi and others? If Vic really did what she said he did (pull her hair etc.) she should go to police first thing in the morning, yet it all went down soon after DB Super Broly, when Vic popularity skyrocketed.
that stuff can be difficult to talk about and really come to terms with, it can be hard to speak up. not to mention the stigma against sexual assault victims and how notoriously bad cops can be with those kinda cases, it can be even harder to go to the authorities about it.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 pm

Vic's popularity did not SKYROCKET after DBS Broly. You have a skewed view of how well known such a Z list celebrity actually is.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:02 pm

ABED wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 pm Vic's popularity did not SKYROCKET after DBS Broly. You have a skewed view of how well known such a Z list celebrity actually is.
In fairness, the movie did make over $30 million in North America, and he did voice the title character.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:12 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:02 pm
ABED wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:54 pm Vic's popularity did not SKYROCKET after DBS Broly. You have a skewed view of how well known such a Z list celebrity actually is.
In fairness, the movie did make over $30 million in North America, and he did voice the title character.
How many people know who voiced Aladdin in the original animated movie? Broly was popular but I doubt many know the names of the actors in the movie.

Karrit
Beyond Newbie

Post by Karrit » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:25 pm

Zinnia wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:18 pm
Valerius Dover wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:13 pm They're really making a big deal about this?
Well that attorney started it. These audio clips were apparentaly his ultimate weapon :lol:
I wonder how they got access to these clips. If Funimation's servers got hacked, can't they sue?
Nicky "Screech" Rekieta? How did he get access to this? Would it be considered doxxing?

Karrit
Beyond Newbie

Post by Karrit » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:32 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:41 am
KBABZ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:21 am
MajinMan wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 am Around that time was when they started to air a lot commercials that told kids to not use “gay” as a substitute for the word stupid.
Interestingly enough back when I used that word it was a substitute for "soooo lame", as in uncool or not worth being interested in.
That’s how most people used the word.

I mean, lame itself used to refer to people who were crippled and unable to walk.
It's interesting how words can change. Gay was originally used as another word for "light-hearted or carefree". A "faggot" is a bundle of sticks and the abbreviated "fag" is slang for a cigarette in the UK.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:08 pm

Can someone post a link or transcript of these outtakes?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:16 pm

As someone that works in a school environment, I can confirm that I catch earshots of "fag" and even "gay" thrown around in the lunchroom, mostly by teenage boys. I was a bit shocked since these kids grow up in a very different time than I did. I graduated 12 years ago from the same high school and it wasn't uncommon, but I felt it was being phased out. At one time I even used those words disparagingly in my vernacular until I developed my own opinions on homosexuality separate from my family and peers. People need to stop thinking that the media is somehow progressing how the public thinks, cause it's not. Many of these kids growing up are just as ignorant on LGBT issues as their parents before them. I've heard them have discussions on all sorts of things, and it's not enlightening to say the least.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 pm

jelleline89 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:15 pm At the same time though, why were these recordings kept online all these years?
Archive reasons. Each line of dialogue isn't recorded as an individual file, whole sessions are contained as one long clip, and they're kept in case later on in production somebody decides to change to a different take of the same line of dialogue.
coola wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 pm As for Schemmel, he often came out as primadonna, disrespect fans at cons, saying he is the English Goku and rest English Goku VA are not important and refuse to come to "English Goku" panel.
IMO Sabat kinda has this problem as well. His Twitter name is "VoiceOfVegeta" which completely banks on his popularity as this one character, which while understandable is worded in a way that implies that he's the ONLY voice of the character as opposed to being a soundalike replacement for a VO that's actually replacing the original Japanese voice.
Yeah, I was kinda hoping Nadolny would come back to voice GT Goku in FighterZ. She didn't, so I've been getting used to Clinkenbeard's take, which for me isn't as appealing as Nadolny's.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:08 pm Can someone post a link or transcript of these outtakes?
I can describe their contents to you.

Spoilered because of NSFW/unpleasant content
Honestly, if this stuff had made the rounds in 2009, people would be laughing at it just like people did at TFS's early stuff. But the bloopers are all in pretty poor taste, and mostly pretty disgusting, a few being outright just unfunny cringe.

So... I can see why some people take issue with this stuff. But I don't see why some people are making a huge deal out of it. Filth like this fills a lot of blooper reels; it's the actors sharing private jokes among themselves. And back 10-15 years ago, when this kind of humour was far more acceptable, I'd have assumed most people would realise this kind of stuff would exist.
A lot of people took particular exception to the Sabat one, which really surprises me; he's always been a huge fan of TFS, and that's exactly the kind of stuff TFS and other parody artists were putting up 10+ years ago, so this is pretty in-flavour for his sense of humour at the time.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:49 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:08 pm Can someone post a link or transcript of these outtakes?
https://youtu.be/MFJr0qj7_Jk

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 pm

Honestly, none of that stuff sounds that BAAAAD...? I hear worse stuff come out of Nick Scarpino's mouth at Kinda Funny and nobody ever directs any outrage towards him.

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Post by excelhedge » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 pm

KBABZ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:27 pm
jelleline89 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:15 pm At the same time though, why were these recordings kept online all these years?
Archive reasons. Each line of dialogue isn't recorded as an individual file, whole sessions are contained as one long clip, and they're kept in case later on in production somebody decides to change to a different take of the same line of dialogue.
coola wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 pm As for Schemmel, he often came out as primadonna, disrespect fans at cons, saying he is the English Goku and rest English Goku VA are not important and refuse to come to "English Goku" panel.
IMO Sabat kinda has this problem as well. His Twitter name is "VoiceOfVegeta" which completely banks on his popularity as this one character, which while understandable is worded in a way that implies that he's the ONLY voice of the character as opposed to being a soundalike replacement for a VO that's actually replacing the original Japanese voice.
Yeah, I was kinda hoping Nadolny would come back to voice GT Goku in FighterZ. She didn't, so I've been getting used to Clinkenbeard's take, which for me isn't as appealing as Nadolny's.
I dislike Clinkenbeard's Goku and Gohan the sound so wrong.

Nadolny needs to return.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:56 pm

KBABZ wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:52 pm Honestly, none of that stuff sounds that BAAAAD...? I hear worse stuff come out of Nick Scarpino's mouth at Kinda Funny and nobody ever directs any outrage towards him.
They're Adult Swim clips, basically. Family Guy, Robot Chicken, South Park... it's all pretty standard adult humor, apart from maybe the Schemmel one.
excelhedge wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:54 pmI dislike Clinkenbeard's Goku and Gohan the sound so wrong.

Nadolny needs to return.
I totally get the sentiment, but... She has 9 different cases of DUI and Property Theft. The odds of her returning are... unlikely.

EDIT: But yeah, I liked her Kid Goku & Gohan better, too!
Last edited by Fionordequester on Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".