Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ahill1
Regular
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by ahill1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:30 am

Fionordequester wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:04 am
ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:16 am
There seems to be some sorta hypocrisy here, as they fired Vic Mignogna without a solid proof, yet jokes that might seem offensive to some is considered ok...
Adult Swim Sketches =/= Multiple 1st & 2nd Hand Accounts of Sexual Harassment & Assault

There's no comparison, here.
There's indeed no comparison, because allegations without a shred of solid proof =/= Actual evidence :)

That, and the leaks are just the tip of the iceberg, given the recent information made apparent about Sabat's casting couch.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 4524
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by KBABZ » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:51 am

ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:30 am
That, and the leaks are just the tip of the iceberg, given the recent information made apparent about Sabat's casting couch.
But since there's no solid proof it's not actually evidence.

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1924
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Valerius Dover » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:38 am

Yeah, that's exactly the kind of hypocrisy we're talking about. Vic Stans claim there's no evidence against him, but will gladly harp on that casting couch thing and other rumors without a shred of evidence.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
Kunzait_83
I Live Here
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:19 pm

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:57 am

ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:16 am
There seems to be some sorta hypocrisy here, as they fired Vic Mignogna without a solid proof, yet jokes that might seem offensive to some is considered ok...
There's no hypocrisy whatsoever. None. Lets say we lived in an alternate universe where the Vic thing never happened and this audio still leaked. Even in that scenario, no one would give a flying fuck. At all. At most, at MOST, people would raise an eyebrow at Schemmel's onslaught of the word "f*ggot", but that's about as far as it would go.

Apart from that though? The rest of it is just the cast cursing and making dumb sex jokes in their character voices and goofing off. Its literally the epitome of nothing. Outtakes like this happen literally ALL the time in nearly EVERY production out there: actors get slap-happy doing endless takes of the same scenes over and over and over and start getting silly and crude after awhile.

On the flipside, Vic's had literal decades worth of beyond credible accusations of SEXUAL HARASSMENT from an endless throng of unrelated and unconnected women and young girls, including groping and grabbing at underage fans. There's even photographic evidence in several cases, and well as corroboration from numerous people who worked as convention staff and even some members of Team Four Star. Hell, he reportedly even harassed goddamned Mari Iijima of all people. Fucking Minmay herself wasn't even safe from this creep.

So to review: on the one hand with Vic, we have decades worth of confirmed sexual assault (in general, and particularly with minors) versus the leaked audio, which is just a bunch of actors goofing off cursing in-character between takes.

If you genuinely see a double standard here, if you legitimately and sincerely see even so much as a SHRED of a real moral equivalence between a guy serially groping at minors for decades versus some people getting silly and making dirty jokes in front of a microphone, and you aren't purely being purposefully disingenuous out of petty spite on behalf of Mignogna (in which case, fuck you)...

...then there simply isn't a nice way of saying this: you're just an incredible fucking moron. A halfwit. A dim bulb. A numbskull. A shit-for-brains. A full stop a complete and utter clueless, hapless dipshit.

And actually let me revise that first part a bit: even IF you do in fact actually know better and are just purposefully pushing this false-equivalence in order to troll on behalf of a Z-list non-celebrity whom you feel a misplaced sense of loyalty to purely because he voiced a cartoon character you liked when you were 7... then the second part of that above paragraph STILL applies to you.

Even if you're a troll who knows better and is just out to play defense for Vic, you're still an absolute and total dullard (as well as sad and pathetic) for genuinely thinking that this shit-stain is somehow worth stirring up nonsensical online drama for simply because his crappy Broli voice gives you the warm and fuzzies as a grown-ass adult. Especially when there are actual flesh and blood human beings whom he's hurt that are involved here.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
anubisj
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 am

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by anubisj » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:18 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:57 am
ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:16 am
There seems to be some sorta hypocrisy here, as they fired Vic Mignogna without a solid proof, yet jokes that might seem offensive to some is considered ok...
There's no hypocrisy whatsoever. None. Lets say we lived in an alternate universe where the Vic thing never happened and this audio still leaked. Even in that scenario, no one would give a flying fuck. At all. At most, at MOST, people would raise an eyebrow at Schemmel's onslaught of the word "f*ggot", but that's about as far as it would go.

Apart from that though? The rest of it is just the cast cursing and making dumb sex jokes in their character voices and goofing off. Its literally the epitome of nothing. Outtakes like this happen literally ALL the time in nearly EVERY production out there: actors get slap-happy doing endless takes of the same scenes over and over and over and start getting silly and crude after awhile.

On the flipside, Vic's had literal decades worth of beyond credible accusations of SEXUAL HARASSMENT from an endless throng of unrelated and unconnected women and young girls, including groping and grabbing at underage fans. There's even photographic evidence in several cases, and well as corroboration from numerous people who worked as convention staff and even some members of Team Four Star. Hell, he reportedly even harassed goddamned Mari Iijima of all people. Fucking Minmay herself wasn't even safe from this creep.

So to review: on the one hand with Vic, we have decades worth of confirmed sexual assault (in general, and particularly with minors) versus the leaked audio, which is just a bunch of actors goofing off cursing in-character between takes.

If you genuinely see a double standard here, if you legitimately and sincerely see even so much as a SHRED of a real moral equivalence between a guy serially groping at minors for decades versus some people getting silly and making dirty jokes in front of a microphone, and you aren't purely being purposefully disingenuous out of petty spite on behalf of Mignogna (in which case, fuck you)...

...then there simply isn't a nice way of saying this: you're just an incredible fucking moron. A halfwit. A dim bulb. A numbskull. A shit-for-brains. A full stop a complete and utter clueless, hapless dipshit.

And actually let me revise that first part a bit: even IF you do in fact actually know better and are just purposefully pushing this false-equivalence in order to troll on behalf of a Z-list non-celebrity whom you feel a misplaced sense of loyalty to purely because he voiced a cartoon character you liked when you were 7... then the second part of that above paragraph STILL applies to you.

Even if you're a troll who knows better and is just out to play defense for Vic, you're still an absolute and total dullard (as well as sad and pathetic) for genuinely thinking that this shit-stain is somehow worth stirring up nonsensical online drama for simply because his crappy Broli voice gives you the warm and fuzzies as a grown-ass adult. Especially when there are actual flesh and blood human beings whom he's hurt that are involved here.
Sorry to burst in uninvited, but this is just the kind of post that makes me avoid the "vic" or other polemic threads, and prevent me from posting my thoughts on them.

There´s a difference between speaking vehemently and downright insulting someone, no matter how right you think you are (even though I agree in essence with your post).

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13307
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am

Kunzait_83 was a lot more civil than Mic Vignogna, Hodd Taberkorn and H'huck Cuber ever were so I don't see the point in policing outright denial of rape and sexual harrassment victims.

Just a reminder: it took THIS LONG for the supposed 'Sabat casting couch' to be revealed. It that doesn't reek of desperately looking to muddy the waters I don't know what else it.
She/Her | Bisexual | Fujoshi | Twitter: JulieYBM

User avatar
Kunzait_83
I Live Here
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:19 pm

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:57 am

anubisj wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:18 am
Sorry to burst in uninvited, but this is just the kind of post that makes me avoid the "vic" or other polemic threads, and prevent me from posting my thoughts on them.

There´s a difference between speaking vehemently and downright insulting someone, no matter how right you think you are (even though I agree in essence with your post).
No way. Sorry. This isn't sharing opinions on music and voices for a children's martial arts cartoon: this is serial sexual harassment IRL. This is real world shit that dramatically impacts real people's lives.

And furthermore, there isn't the tiniest, foggiest whit of an actual "debate" to even be had here. This isn't REMOTELY a genuine disagreement or an honest dispute between two different but equally valid perspectives: there's no "gray area" here, no "honest difference of opinion" to be had in this.

This is as black and white "right vs wrong" as something gets. And I'm someone who generally sees the gray in almost damn near EVERYTHING. This though? This ain't it.

One side of this conflict are simply being a combination of A) maliciously dishonest actors who are purposefully gaslighting, falsely equivocating, and spinning an already awful situation (that involves real victims) for purely selfish and self-serving ends as part of a broader and transparently disgusting mass movement in today's political culture and B) about as thuddingly moronic and mouth-breathing, knuckle-draggingly dense as it gets.

And I don't give a rat's ass about the "hurt feelings" of anyone who's on that end of things here. If you're playing the Redpill game with this whole mess, then you're just a fucking gargantuan, vile douchebag of the highest caliber, and no one should mince words in the slightest in saying so.

And if you're not Redpilling, and you're just sincerely THIS dense? Then you simply NEED to get a fucking clue in life, stat. Because genuine, credulous stupidity and gullibility of THIS staggering magnitude helps NO ONE in the real world when it comes to issues that are of actual, tangible importance to real people's lives.

Fuck the false equivocating, and fuck the civility/tone policing. This isn't a gradeschool classroom (even though given the general low levels of maturity & common sense among so many folks here, it sure feels like it may as well be most of the time).

JulieYBM wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am
Just a reminder: it took THIS LONG for the supposed 'Sabat casting couch' to be revealed. It that doesn't reek of desperately looking to muddy the waters I don't know what else it.
And on that same note, just to reiterate this yet again for the umpteen zillionth time: these accusations against Vic are NOT AT ALL new nor did they suddenly just come from nowhere out of the clear blue. This behavior of his has been a LONGSTANDING recurring "open secret" within both anime fandom and among anime convention staff for a minimum of fifteen fucking years (if not longer).

Hell, this was SO widespread for SO long that even myself, someone who gives ZERO iotas of a flying fuck about either the FUNimation dub voice cast and like 95% of most English anime dub voice actors in general, someone who hasn't so much as set foot in an anime convention since the early/mid 2000s, and hasn't remotely cared to in all the years since then... even I'VE long, loooooooong known about this shit with Mignogna and have had passing awareness of it since fucking forever and ever ago. And I don't remotely follow or give a crap about just about ANYTHING to do with ANY of these fucking people, and SOLELY remain even FAINTLY aware of them because I happen to like Dragon Ball.

So I'll say it again, for the cheap seats: if you still, at this point and after EVERYTHING that's come forward about this whole sad clusterfuck, if you're still GENUINELY sitting on the fence on this and think that there's even a SHRED of a "debate" to even be had here or the tiniest room for Vic being given the most threadbare benefit of the doubt, or that his beyond shady and scummy online stans and his scumbag "lawyer" have even a SHRED of a genuine point to be seriously listened to and considered?

Then you're dumb. Period. The dude fucking did it. He's a piece of shit who shouldn't be let anywhere NEAR an anime convention ever again. No one gives a flying fuck HOW much nostalgia you (royal "you") have for his Broli voice, and the fact that its even REMOTELY a consideration in your mind in the first place in the face of goddamn sexual harassment of minors makes you an even BIGGER and more pathetic fucking idiot.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
ahill1
Regular
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by ahill1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am

Kunzait_83 wrote:On the flipside, Vic's had literal decades worth of beyond credible accusations of SEXUAL HARASSMENT
Only if we live in a reality where the words "beyond credible accusations" instead mean "allegations without any hard evidence".

Hell, the lack of evidence beyond a joke involving a freaking jelly bean was so apparent that now Vic is being able to sue Funimation for slander.
Kunzait_83 wrote:from an endless throng of unrelated and unconnected women and young girls
The most he's been shown to do is hug, touch a shoulder or give a peck on the cheek to fans who requested it.
It's very easy to supply "evidence" when completely ignoring context.

Meanwhile, what followed the leaks were testimonies from Stephanie Nadoly and Chuck Huber that Sabat was committing sexual assault on female voice actors and threw Vic under the bus due to he and a lot of Funimation's staff not liking him. A far more concise story, given the major casting changes starting with DB Kai and Vic's strong Christian morality clashing with Sabat's ideology (reports even stating that Sabat said many anti-Christian remarks to Vic) and those of the rest of the company when considering their political leanings.
Kunzait_83 wrote:corroboration from numerous people who worked as convention staff and even some members of Team Four Star. Hell, he reportedly even harassed Mari Iijima of all. Fucking Minmay herself wasn't even safe from this creep.
"Reportedly" did so, as in having no solid evidence of him doing any of the serious allegations he was accused of.
TFS have some ties to Funimation's clique, given they're on good terms with Sabat, so to say their testimony is an honest one would be sceptical at best.
Kunzait_83 wrote:So to review: on the one hand with Vic, we have decades worth of confirmed sexual assault (in general, and particularly with minors) versus the leaked audio, which is just a bunch of actors goofing off cursing in-character between takes.
To review: We have Vic having his career destroyed over skewered charges that are very likely to be false and the most he can be solidly accused of (to the extent it became part of the trail when no better evidence could be found) was a joke, yet jokes of a more severe nature aren't held to the same standard.

More so, we have far more damning evidence of Sabat being the one actually sexually assaulting women within Funimation coming off the back of these leaks, yet Funimation desperately advocates the clear evidence doesn't exist whilst pointing blame at Vic.
There's indeed hypocrisy within all of this when it comes to objective evidence in the treatment of one's career.
Last edited by ahill1 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
anubisj
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:22 am

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by anubisj » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:58 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:40 am
Kunzait_83 was a lot more civil than Mic Vignogna, Hodd Taberkorn and H'huck Cuber ever were so I don't see the point in policing outright denial of rape and sexual harrassment victims.

Just a reminder: it took THIS LONG for the supposed 'Sabat casting couch' to be revealed. It that doesn't reek of desperately looking to muddy the waters I don't know what else it.
I´m not disagreeing; one of my closest friends was sexually abused a year ago, and the guy who did it was not sent to jail. I know how it can break a person, I know the damage it can do to someone. I hope Mignogna gets what he deserves, don´t confuse me for a rape apologist.

I just mean to say that people insulting each other in a forum is not the best way to promote a "normal" conversation. Things can get out of hand really quickly, and in the end, nobody wins.

I realize it´s not my place to tell people how to express themselves, just giving my two cents here.

User avatar
Kunzait_83
I Live Here
Posts: 2777
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:19 pm

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Kunzait_83 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:34 am

ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am
The most he's been shown to do is hug, touch a shoulder or give a peck on the cheek to fans who requested it.
And to plenty of fans who DIDN'T request it. You conveniently left that key part out. And he didn't just "hug" them: he's reportedly grabbed and groped inappropriately/sexually as well. Among other things.

Oh but I know: "We weren't there, we didn't see it happen, all we have is the word of like, dozens and dozens of fans from across more than a decade+, who come from all over the country, who all don't know one another, and have all of ZERO reason or motivation to lie... but none of us were physically present to see it, so WHO KNOWS? He said/she said!"

:roll: :roll: :roll:

ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am
Meanwhile, what followed the leaks were testimonies from Stephanie Nadoly and Chuck Huber that Sabat was committing sexual assault on female voice actors and threw Vic under the bus due to he and a lot of Funimation's staff not liking him.
Wait a second... so you DON'T accept the word of like a dozen different unconnected people confirming something that was already an OPEN SECRET among convention staff and fandom for nearly 20 years (to the point where even someone like me - who doesn't care about or follow any of these people - has known about it for well over a decade/decade and a half)... but you're PERFECTLY WILLING to fully 100% accept up front a SINGLE claim from two people (one of them who's general level of... lets say "mental caliber" is HIGHLY suspect) that just suddenly popped up for the very first time super-recently out of the clear blue?

Explain to me how that works exactly?

ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am
A far more concise story, given the major casting changes starting with DB Kai and Vic's strong Christian morality clashing with Sabat's ideology (reports even stating that Sabat said many anti-Christian remarks to Vic) and those of the rest of the company when considering their political leanings.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude. Are you serious? You're not fucking with me here?

So let me get this straight: you think that the recasting of a couple of voices in Kai was part of some elaborate backstage conspiracy to cover for Sabat sexually harassing Stephanie Nadolny? And I suppose Linda Young as well, since she was also recast? And that Vic's firing is purely because both Sabat and FUNimation as a whole had it in for the guy all this time all along because Vic's such a "straight-laced Christian" and Sabat and FUNimation as a whole are all a bunch of godless heathen atheist liberals who simply hate Vic for having more conservative beliefs?

Never mind the fact that Chuck Huber, who's still gainfully employed at FUNimation last I checked, is apparently an even BIGGER religious fundie than Vic, and no one's calling him out for any sexual misdeeds or threatening his career. Or never mind the fact that if Vic was so seethingly hated personally by Sabat and by the company as a whole (from Fukanaga on down), they could have simply just FIRED the guy any time they liked ages and ages ago.

Do I have that more or less accurate? And you think that THAT is somehow the "more concise" and believable story than "Vic was overly handsy with young girls at conventions for many, many years and people kept quiet about it and tried to ignore/gloss over it simply so as not to 'rock the boat' as it were?"

Dude... PLEASE tell me you're just doing some kind of elaborate performance art here and that none of this is seriously what you ACTUALLY believe. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am
"Reportedly" did so, as in having no solid evidence of him doing any of the serious allegations he was accused of.
TFS have some ties to Funimation's clique, given they're on good terms with Sabat, so to say their testimony is an honest one would be sceptical at best.
Oh, so TFS are ALSO in on the anti-Vic conspiracy plot too? I assume because his God-fearing Christian morals clashes so badly with their deviant, homosexual-tolerating lifestyles? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Christ man, this is just a torrent of batshit stupid that's so rich and thick, you could drizzle it over pancakes.

ahill1 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:33 am
To review: We have Vic having his career destroyed over skewered charges that are very likely to be false and the most he can be solidly accused of (to the extent it became part of the trail when no better evidence could be found) was a joke, yet jokes of a more severe nature aren't held to the same standard.

More so, we have far more damning evidence of Sabat being the one actually sexually assaulting women within Funimation coming off the back of these leaks, yet Funimation desperately advocates the clear evidence doesn't exist whilst pointing blame at Vic.
There's indeed hypocrisy within all of this when it comes to objective evidence in the treatment of one's career.
Again, let me reiterate: the word of countless dozens of unconnected, unrelated young girls from across DECADES (to the point where much of fandom, including guys like me who are only VAGUELY aware, at best, of anything that goes on with any of the FUNi cast, had been hearing about this since eons and eons long, long ago, decades pre-#MeToo, pre-Redpills and whatnot) all coming forward with a similar pattern of harassment sets off your bullshit alarm... but ONE CLAIM that just suddenly sprang up out of nowhere like what, a week ago now? That's 1000% air-tight right off the bat? To the point that it instantly reads as "elaborate backstage, anti-Christian conspiracy plot"?

Serious, honest question: did you genuinely type that out without at all noticing that BEYOND GLARING (and thuddingly hypocritical) lapse in basic logic/critical thinking? Because if so, hoooo boy... :shock: :? :think:

And finally with regards to the Jelly Bean joke: if Vic wasn't a serial sexual harasser and simply made that joke completely in a vacuum? No one would care. At all. In the slightest. By itself, devoid of context (now who's ignoring that?) its a totally harmless and negligible bit of playful banter.

But within the context of Vic's long pattern of sexual harassment and moreover within the context of his harassing Monica Rial prior? That otherwise harmless joke takes on a TOTALLY different connotation entirely. If you can't understand that, then once again: you're either being purposefully disingenuous solely to be a prick, or you're a complete and total idiot.

The leaked audio on the other hand? Just actors fucking around between takes. That's it. There's literally NO CONTEXT which would suddenly make that audio suddenly take on a more menacing air or malicious tone, shy maybe only of Schemmel somehow being revealed as a raging, virulently anti-gay homophobe (which he very well might be, I have no fucking clue nor do I particularly care at the moment, barring him committing some horrific anti-gay hate crime or something).

If there was ANY remote ounce of doubt before, there damn sure isn't now, and I 100,000% stand by every word of my previous post from earlier: you are without question a Category 5 imbecile, and that last post of yours was some of the most lightspeed idiotic abject nonsense I've seen yet on this forum: which is saying QUITE a bit at this point.

Lastly, let me once more repeat this, lest there be any doubt or misunderstanding from anyone regarding my perspective in all this: I don't even remotely like a SINGLE ONE of these people as voice actors. Not a damn one of them means all of jack or shit to me in terms of their roles in the dub for this anime. I have less than ZERO sentiment and ZERO personal dog in this race, apart from the simple, obvious philosophy that sexual assault & predatory behavior should NEVER be covered for, not anywhere, from anyone, for any reason Period, end of.
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6320
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by jjgp1112 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:52 am

Yeah I'd say that pretty much wraps it up. It's hilarious to me that Vic Stanleys keep spouting "THERES NO EVIDENCE" yet are quick to believe one single testimony of a guy whose story frequently changes depending on the time of day

And again, weren't you guys disappointed that Vic didn't lie under oath about pulling Monica's hair? Cut the bullshit charade.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

User avatar
TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here
Posts: 3581
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:03 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:52 am
Yeah I'd say that pretty much wraps it up. It's hilarious to me that Vic Stanleys keep spouting "THERES NO EVIDENCE" yet are quick to believe one single testimony of a guy whose story frequently changes depending on the time of day.
Regardless of how anyone feels about this ongoing legal matter...as a matter of pure logic, I'm surprised more people aren't saying, "Well, I already said that I don't believe testimony alone, and so I can't really believe the 'casting couch story' for the same reason."

But no. Like you pointed out, jjgp1112, a lot of people who were adamant in saying "testimony alone doesn't mean anything" are quick to do a complete reversal when it comes to the so-called "casting couch story." It suggests a lack sincerity behind the idea that someone can't accept testimony alone, and it seems to suggest instead that many people simply want to automatically accept the testimony that reinforces their own beliefs as "truth" rather than examining the merits of each piece of testimony on a case-by-case basis.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 2579
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by WittyUsername » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:23 pm

Perhaps the weirdest thing about this casting couch story is where exactly Stephanie Nadolny fits into all of it. She hasn’t come out and said anything on the matter herself, but she’s recently liked tweets about it from the ISWV side, yet earlier this year, she liked several KickVic tweets, and did an interview where she offered a theory about her firing that had nothing to do with any supposed casting couch.

User avatar
Soppa Saia People
I Live Here
Posts: 2682
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 pm
Location: oak park heights
Contact:

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Soppa Saia People » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:43 pm

TheBlackPaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:03 pm


Regardless of how anyone feels about this ongoing legal matter...as a matter of pure logic, I'm surprised more people aren't saying, "Well, I already said that I don't believe testimony alone, and so I can't really believe the 'casting couch story' for the same reason."

But no. Like you pointed out, jjgp1112, a lot of people who were adamant in saying "testimony alone doesn't mean anything" are quick to do a complete reversal when it comes to the so-called "casting couch story." It suggests a lack sincerity behind the idea that someone can't accept testimony alone, and it seems to suggest instead that many people simply want to automatically accept the testimony that reinforces their own beliefs as "truth" rather than examining the merits of each piece of testimony on a case-by-case basis.
because they aren't acting in good faith, they don't actually have a belief system. if they were conisent in their beliefs then they would defend sabat non stop just like they do vic, but because vic got his "career ruined" by the sjws their gonna defend him to the death. these people don't believe in anything besides trying to own sjws.

of course this is mainly about the ANTI-PC/SJW crowd that has popped up even more after these leaks, not every vic stan is just some troll, some of them are just genuinely that stupid and ignorant.
they/them

cat vibing

Dr. Gero
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:31 pm

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Dr. Gero » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:23 pm

For starters, yeah, I'm ahill1, and I had this alternative account. While I'm in the wrong for having this alternative account, I consider myself completely disgusted with the act of being banned without even an advise, in middle of an engagement, not leavimg me even in a position to defend myself over my opposition. As far as I'm aware, I didn't break any rule. Is giving a sincere opinion on such issue so damning that warrants a ban without a mention? That's a pity. The truth is that this isn't a forum in which one can freely speak their mind with the due respect. If we show opposition to what the head chiefs hold as true, you'll be simply banned. So much for free speech, huh?

I'd still like to make my last post:
Kunzait_83 wrote:And to plenty of fans who DIDN'T request it. You conveniently left that key part out. And he didn't just "hug" them: he's reportedly grabbed and groped inappropriately/sexually as well. Among other things.
Yeah... it would be great if you could provide some, you know, actual evidence of that.
Kunzait_83 wrote:Oh but I know: "We weren't there, we didn't see it happen, all we have is the word of like, dozens and dozens of fans from across more than a decade+, who come from all over the country, who all don't know one another, and have all of ZERO reason or motivation to lie... but none of us were physically present to see it, so WHO KNOWS? He said/she said!"
Indeed. Second-hand accounts mean nothing without hard evidence and more often than not lead to accusations being debunked, the Mari Iijma being a prime example of such when her words were told by another source rather than her herself. It's also worth noting how hard those advocating on the KickVic bandwagon have backtracked a lot on their clams when counter-evidence was brought to the table
.
Kunzait_83 wrote:Wait a second... so you DON'T accept the word of like a dozen different unconnected people confirming something that was already an OPEN SECRET among convention staff and fandom for nearly 20 years (to the point where even someone like me - who doesn't care about or follow any of these people - has known about it for well over a decade/decade and a half)... but you're PERFECTLY WILLING to fully 100% accept up front a SINGLE claim from two people (one of them who's general level of... lets say "mental caliber" is HIGHLY suspect) that just suddenly popped up for the very first time super-recently out of the clear blue?
Not 100%, but more so than those with a clear agenda behind their actions such as Monica Rial and Jamie Marchi, specially with how many backtracking has been made in regard to their claims to the point they can't be taen seriously.

Nadoly's word and motivations are indeed questionable, but (going back to the original point), people being so willing to defend the heads of the KickVic movement no matter how much of their evidence gets debunked whilst not even bothering to hear the words of Nadoly is plain hypocrisy.
Kunzait_83 wrote: you think that the recasting of a couple of voices in Kai was part of some elaborate backstage conspiracy to cover for Sabat sexually harassing Stephanie Nadolny? And I suppose Linda Young as well, since she was also recast?
It's a case-by-case situation, though Nadoly's story does have less holes than those of Marchi or Rial when viewed through this lens. Again, the point is that those so adamant to Vic's guilt aren't able to hear out the side of the opposition when similar allegations arise against them. Linda Young was getting old, so her recast is more explainable.
Kunzait_83 wrote:And that Vic's firing is purely because both Sabat and FUNimation as a whole had it in for the guy all this time all along because Vic's such a "straight-laced Christian" and Sabat and FUNimation as a whole are all a bunch of godless heathen atheist liberals who simply hate Vic for having more conservative beliefs?
Nice straw man, but no. Sabat and Vic's conflict here was apparent, but only the tip of the iceberg.
Kunzait_83 wrote:Or never mind the fact that if Vic was so seethingly hated personally by Sabat and by the company as a whole (from Fukanaga on down), they could have simply just FIRED the guy any time they liked ages and ages ago.
They couldn't though. There's such a thing as "innocent until proven guilty". By that standard, Vic has still yet to be proven guilty with hard evidence and just allegations that range from semi-plausible to a weak cover story. Even supposing it was proven he was guilty, that doesn't change the fact that he was fired from his job when the evidence for it was laughably weak.
Kunzait wrote:Again, let me reiterate: the word of countless dozens of unconnected, unrelated young girls from across DECADES (to the point where much of fandom, including guys like me who are only VAGUELY aware, at best, of anything that goes on with any of the FUNi cast, had been hearing about this since eons and eons long, long ago, decades pre-#MeToo, pre-Redpills and whatnot) all coming forward with a similar pattern of harassment sets off your bullshit alarm... but ONE CLAIM that just suddenly sprang up out of nowhere like what, a week ago now? That's 1000% air-tight right off the bat? To the point that it instantly reads as "elaborate backstage, anti-Christian conspiracy plot"?

Serious, honest question: did you genuinely type that out without at all noticing that BEYOND GLARING (and thuddingly hypocritical) lapse in basic logic/critical thinking? Because if so, hoooo boy...
It's by no means more ridiculous than this straw man you have just created.

My point wasn't that the case against Sabat was an objective fact. My point was that there is a clear double-standard in terms of allegations. With only allegations to go off, Vic was fired from his job without the clause of "innocent until proven guilty" applying whilst being treat as guilty by those involved immediately, yet similar allegations against Sabat aren't treat to the same standard despite their equally flimsy nature.

Again, you have all these allegations and yet not a single example of recorded evidence of the grouping or other sexual assaults lauded against him and almost all attempts to accuse Vic of these have ended up either coming up short or being debunked. Maybe the same will apply to Sabat but considering how those of the KickVic movement are so quick to defend Sabat whilst constantly being contradicted in their accusations against Vic, there is clear dissonance within the two examples.
Kunzait_83 wrote:within the context of his harassing Monica Rial prior?
No. All of Monica's accusations of Vic harassing her have been debunked upon being looked into scrutiny to the point her word can't be taken seriously.
Watch some videos of the channel YellowFlash2, for a decent compilation.



I hope this post doesn't get erased, as I'll be banned right after. At least give the person the right to answer.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13307
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:32 pm

I feel like if the ISWV folks would just learn to love themselves they would understand that they're barking up the wrong tree. I don't know what or who scarred them in their lives but please, learn to love yourselves and abandon the toxic right-wing ideologues that are making you angrier and smaller. I'm so sorry you guys were hurt, it really sucks that traumas still happen but I think if you learn to respect yourselves and find new outlets for your demons you'll live a much happier life. I understand the instinct to hurt others in your rage and pain but it qill not make you deel any better. You'll keep hurting and burning bridges that might lead to lastimg happiness and fulfillment.
She/Her | Bisexual | Fujoshi | Twitter: JulieYBM

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5967
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:24 pm

An accusation made by two people working together with an obvious bias and motive, which was denied by every other person involved, and conveniently was only made when it would be useful as a distraction to defend their friend, is somehow equivalent to dozens of accusations by completely unrelated people over the course of decades, which even the accused himself has substantiated in interviews?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
eledoremassis02
I Live Here
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:13 pm

My whole thing with these new funimation Casting couch leaks, true or not, the recent revilation that Stephanie Nadolny might (it's her speculation and she has a lot more inside info that I) have had been fired because an ex-boyfriend called FUNimation to talk about her private life and yet someone like Shemmel (who's not exactly the nicest person and overall not very professional) and Vic continued to get hired really does shows the ''inner circle'' she's talking about about. But I've cancled my 30th bluray set and refeuse to support FUNIMATION. I understand there's a lot shady crap in all companies but in light of everything coming out, I cant support them anymore.

As far as the audio leaks, over all they're ''ehh??'' They're no worse than TFS in terms of crudeness with the exception of Schemmel's who's humor cant seem to get past that of a 13 year old boy.

https://youtu.be/b8Ry6ssUjAg

User avatar
Scsigs
I Live Here
Posts: 2786
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am
Location: NY, USA
Contact:

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by Scsigs » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:56 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:13 pm
My whole thing with these new FUNimation Casting couch leaks, true or not, the recent revelation that Stephanie Nadolny might (it's her speculation and she has a lot more inside info that I) have had been fired because an ex-boyfriend called FUNimation to talk about her private life and yet someone like Schemmel (who's not exactly the nicest person and overall not very professional) and Vic continued to get hired really does shows the ''inner circle'' she's talking about about. But I've canceled my 30th blu-ray set and refuse to support FUNimation. I understand there's a lot shady crap in all companies but in light of everything coming out, I cant support them anymore.

As far as the audio leaks, over all they're ''ehh??'' They're no worse than TFS in terms of crudeness with the exception of Schemmel's who's humor cant seem to get past that of a 13 year old boy.

https://youtu.be/b8Ry6ssUjAg
I mean, Sean Schemmel plays Goku. He's gonna keep being called back when new material for the franchise comes out. Why would you expect any different? He's also only really a dick on Twitter & sometimes at public conventions. When it comes to business, though he HAS shown himself to be kind of a bitch at points, I'm willing to bet it's a pretty amicable relationship between him & FUNi, otherwise they would've fired him a while ago. There's also consistency to think about. Yeah, Kai had recastings of the secondary & tertiary characters so Chris Sabat didn't have to voice them all, but when it comes to main characters, Schemmel IS Goku for the majority of the English-speaking world, even if you prefer the Ocean Gokus. Schemmel's the longest-serving VA for him, so to not have him come back is risking their brand.

As for Vic, he's mainly only been in secondary & tertiary roles for them. Outside of Edward Elric & Broly, he really hasn't had any other main role for them, though Sabo in One Piece WAS gonna be another recurring role, but he only voiced him in a movie & TV special & never got to the series, unless I'm mistaken. Luckily, FUNi's been only dubbing the TV specials, so they have a good amount of time to find a voice double. He really wasn't high on their list of actors like Schemmel is, so they had no problem dropping him like dead weight.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

User avatar
8000 Saiyan
I Live Here
Posts: 2709
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:03 am

Re: Funimation Leaked Outtakes

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:35 am

While I don't want Schemmel and Sabat to lose their roles, it wouldn't exactly hurt if they were replaced. Most people don't really give a crap about the voice actors of a show, only the hardcore fans really care about them.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Post Reply