RIP Ariane Carletti

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: R.I.P Ariane Carletti

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:29 am

Even though I am not from France, Her DB & DBZ openings were the first ones I've heard when I was very young. I used to sing along to the Z opening even. That's because they were aired in the Polish television as well.

R.I.P... :cry:
I'll have fond memories of her.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:40 am

Wow, I was actually familiar with her and her work. Very sad. That's way too young.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:42 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:29 am Even though I am not from France, Her DB & DBZ openings were the first ones I've heard when I was very young. I used to sing along to the Z opening even. That's because they were aired in the Polish television as well.
In Greece, her song also played in the television during the Buu Saga. It played in some other countries as well like Portugal and Hungary but it was dubbed.

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:52 am

The French opening is the one that the Blue Water OGDB opening was based on right? If so I've heard it, not from either Canada or France but its definitely a catchy song. Rest in peace.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Very sad to hear. RIP.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:38 pm

Damn my childhood used to watch Club Dorothée back when I was in school and middle school (the 90's in France was a blast) the animators team in this kid show were a bunch of funny guys throwing cake at the face of each other or being drop in a basket full of water :D

Even though her Dragon Ball song were wacky it's a part of my childhood that is gone :( According to one of her co-animator that also pass away she was fighting cancer, damn you cancer :x

Club Dorothée was a huge thing in France without this show I wouldn't have know Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Sailor Moon and other great marvel that Japan animation spawned. You can't have the slightest idea how huge this was. Between 1987 and 1997, the Club Dorothée was watched by an average of 55% of 4-14 year olds and achieved up to 60% audience on the entire audience with peaks at 86%. A record never equaled since in French TV. At its peak, the show will take up to 26 hours of air time per week and more than 40 hours during the school holidays, Dorothée being, in addition, the program director of the TF1 Youth Unit.

To summarize that I was able to watch Club Dorothée before school then after school the show was still there awaiting for me. Ariane, Corbier, René & Framboisier may all of you rest in peace ♥
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:38 pm

WOW! I loved the Ariane opening and Club Dorothee. So sad.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: