Will Toonami survive without new Dragon Ball Content?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Will Toonami survive without new Dragon Ball Content?

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:45 pm

I know about Dragon Ball Super, what I want to know is how Toonami is going right now.

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:29 pm

SSJgogeto wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:45 pm I know about Dragon Ball Super, what I want to know is how Toonami is going right now.
The new Jojo's Bizarre Adventure premieres this Saturday. Demon Slayer just premiered, and not sure if it's part of Toonami or AS regular, but that new Genndy Tartakovsky show "Primal" will be on at 10:30 this Saturday. One Punch Man and Dr. Stone are having new episodes as well, so think the block will be ok. Also, while some may not care for properties aimed at the younger crowds, I'd prefer a block of action cartoons aimed at kids, than some of the weird stuff like Oreimo and other shows that have girls wanting to marry their oni-chans that give some guys the idea of Japan being weird.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Good News EVERYONE!

MHA has proven that it can indeed anchor the Toonami Block without Super. So I guess Toonami will survive without Dragon Ball after all.

EDIT:RATINGS TIME!

#11 MHA 675,000
#14 One Punch Man 577,000
#17 Dr. Stone 497,000
#18 Fire Force 473,000
#21 Food Wars 463.000
#27 Demon Slayer 413,000
#32 JoJo 349,000
#50 Lupin 292,000
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:47 pm

My Hero's great (I recommend it if you guys haven't seen it), and it's got a strong fanbase here. Cool to see that it's holding the fort down.

Honestly the thing that cripples Toonami and makes it tough for it to stay alive, is that it only plays once a week and in the middle of the night. One Piece never really got the shot that DBZ did because it was either neutered on 4Kids or on Cartoon Network at like 2 in the morning.

The programming block dedicated to action cartoons for younger teenage boys should probably be airing earlier, when more of the aforementioned teenage boys are actually awake.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 pm

funrush wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:47 pm The programming block dedicated to action cartoons for younger teenage boys should probably be airing earlier, when more of the aforementioned teenage boys are actually awake.
Honestly, how many teenagers actually watch TV as their main source of media consumption now? They're more into consuming via streaming.

The numbers read more like from old adult millenials.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:18 am

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 pm
funrush wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:47 pm The programming block dedicated to action cartoons for younger teenage boys should probably be airing earlier, when more of the aforementioned teenage boys are actually awake.
Honestly, how many teenagers actually watch TV as their main source of media consumption now? They're more into consuming via streaming.

The numbers read more like from old adult millenials.
They should simultaneously stream Toonami online along with the TV airing. That way, those who have cut the cord can support Toonami if they want to & get their views counted on top of that since TV viewing requires an Nelson box.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:00 pm

That would be a massive waste of money.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

MetaMoss
Patreon Supporter

Post by MetaMoss » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Saimaroimaru wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:18 am They should simultaneously stream Toonami online along with the TV airing. That way, those who have cut the cord can support Toonami if they want to & get their views counted on top of that since TV viewing requires an Nelson box.
They already do a livestream, it's just that to access it you have to use an account from a TV provider. Unless the powers-that-be find and adopt some way of monetizing their channel other than subscription fees from said providers, that's likely the most we'll get.
"Perfect" is the enemy of the good. True for Cell and true for real life.
Don't forget to slow down and enjoy yourself.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:45 pm

MetaMoss wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:27 pm
Saimaroimaru wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:18 am They should simultaneously stream Toonami online along with the TV airing. That way, those who have cut the cord can support Toonami if they want to & get their views counted on top of that since TV viewing requires an Nelson box.
They already do a livestream, it's just that to access it you have to use an account from a TV provider. Unless the powers-that-be find and adopt some way of monetizing their channel other than subscription fees from said providers, that's likely the most we'll get.
They could always use sites like Twitch.