Best non-Japanese release of DB and DBZ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Best non-Japanese release of DB and DBZ?

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:54 pm

What would you say is the best release of DB and DBZ footage wise outside of the Japanese Dragon Boxes? I’m curious because I’m wondering if there’s something close to the Dragon Boxes and cheaper in another country like maybe France, since the US Dragon Boxes are long gone. I don’t care about whether it’s dubbed in English or has English subtitles. I mainly care about if it’s 4:3 and that it retains detail in the footage (So not the orange bricks, Funi Blu-rays or 30th Anniversary Set). The main reason I’m not considering importing the JP Dragon Boxes at the moment is that shipping seems like it would be a pain on top of their hefty price.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Re: Best non-Japanese release of DB and DBZ?

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 pm

I think the French releases may be your best bet. Possibly the current Italian releases too.
[url=http://www.facebook.com/Son.Goku.Densetsu]Facebook[/url]

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Best non-Japanese release of DB and DBZ?

Post by sangofe » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:23 am

DB_Fan1991 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:07 pm I think the French releases may be your best bet. Possibly the current Italian releases too.
They're cheap, have nice boxes, quite good colors but full of macro blocking when there's a lot of action.