Moro, Hearts, and Mechikaboola

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeogran
I Live Here

Moro, Hearts, and Mechikaboola

Post by Xeogran » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:00 am

We currently have three villains wreaking havoc in different continuities (albeit I'm not sure if Hearts' and Mechi plots are connected in the DBH manga though).

I don't think such an event happened before in DB run. There were manga villains and movie villains at the same time, but the latter always got disposed of at the end of their movies so it wasn't really the same.

Now, I'd like to ask. Out of these 3, which one do you think will get defeated first, and who'll survive the longest? And also, which one do you like the most? I personally like them all, but Hearts has been the most enjoyable one. Koyasu getting his first DB role is pretty notable after all :P

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Moro, Hearts and Mechikabura.

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:05 am

I'm not sure, but whenever I hear the name 'Mechikabura', I always picture a robot/cyborg, because of the 'mech' in his name. (Yes, I know where his name actually comes from, but it's still kind of jarring).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:01 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:05 am I'm not sure, but whenever I hear the name 'Mechikabura', I always picture a robot/cyborg, because of the 'mech' in his name. (Yes, I know where his name actually comes from, but it's still kind of jarring).
Same I keep thinking it's like Dabra got the mecha freeza treatment haha.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:07 pm

Xeogran wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:00 am Image

We currently have three villains wreaking havoc in different continuities (albeit I'm not sure if Hearts' and Mechi plots are connected in the DBH manga though).

I don't think such an event happened before in DB run. There were manga villains and movie villains at the same time, but the latter always got disposed of at the end of their movies so it wasn't really the same.

Now, I'd like to ask. Out of these 3, which one do you think will get defeated first, and who'll survive the longest? And also, which one do you like the most? I personally like them all, but Hearts has been the most enjoyable one. Koyasu getting his first DB role is pretty notable after all :P
Ironically Mechi has the clearest motivations, being from the demon realm and wanting to restore that and revenge for being sealed presumably. I like they have 'third parties' in the time patrol, Fuu and Demigra.
Yet the whole thing otherwise seems the most detached and fanservicey and less true.

I honestly can't remember why Hearts is fucking about with the universe seed.

Moro just eats planets energy but we don't really know why he's greedy and an asshole, he, the only stated canon one, doesn't really have much personality yet.

I want Xenoverse 3 to tackle all of them.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

RichardKing2
Beyond Newbie

Post by RichardKing2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Heroes sure as fuck loves milking Towa, Mira, Mechikabura, etc so I expect him to get 8000 more forms/power ups and eventually be defeated in the year 2030.

Hearts will likely be defeated first, followed by Moro.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:45 pm

moro is boring ... and hearts is basically a one piece villain who be mistake of franchise

nobody dies in video games but maybe moro is defeated before

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Too bad all of them are horribly characterised villains.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:55 pm

I think Moro is actually interesting, at least in his concept if not his personality.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Moro is pretty cool. He's cool enough to make his arc the first arc of Super i can accept as part of franchise (except BoG but i prefer a movie version).

Hearts is also interesting character and he's pretty badass.

I never cared about this Mechikabura. I still know nothing about him as i simply don't care. I don't even know how many forms he has, i jsut know that he was old and now he is young, lol.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Moro, Hearts, and Mechikaboola

Post by wolflonnie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:06 am

I like Hearts' motivations and moveset a lot more than Moro, but Moro's execution, unique ability and criminal crew are better and better explain.
By heart (pun intended) I prefer Hearts, I just wish he'd be a canon villain with a better execution, rather than the weird, confusing one of Heroes.