Is Dragon Ball Super still on Cartoon Network India?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Arian
Banned

Is Dragon Ball Super still on Cartoon Network India?

Post by Arian » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:00 pm

Regarding this topic, after it was brought to my attention today, has me rather perplexed.

On one hand, I don't see it anywhere on any TV guide I could find.

On the other, the Wikipedia article still lists it as current programming and I just don't see how something that Turner invested money into could go away that quickly.

So I guess what I'm driving at is, are they airing the show on and off, and if it's completely off, does it have the possibility of returning or is it gone for good?

Thanks in advance if you guys have any intel whatsoever. ^_^
Was the hate for Kai largely unjustified?
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

The story of Kai's production is far more interesting than the actual product.
Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Is Dragon Ball Super still on Cartoon Network India?

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:10 pm

They aired the Bang Zoom dub right?

As far as I can tell, no, once the Asian Toonami block was cancelled Super had no place left to air.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:10 pmThey aired the Bang Zoom dub right?
Correct. They had the same order of episodes as Toonami Asia.
Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:10 pmAs far as I can tell, no, once the Asian Toonami block was cancelled Super had no place left to air.
Not true. Toonami Asia went off the air at the end of March of last year. Meanwhile, Cartoon Network India was airing the show at least several months following that, I know that for sure.
Super Saiyan Prime wrote:It's an edited, cynically produced, cheap recut with a poorly utilized ancient score and awful scene recreations that later got traded in for a weird green tint.

Danfun64 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:40 pm Screw Corus and it's monopoly. It should sell off the Nick, Disney, and CN assets at minimum.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:05 pm

India rerunning the same 27 episodes over and over again is just plain absurd. Is CN India waiting for a contract to expire or something before they could import Funi's dub? What about the people in India who want a Hindi dub?
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Arian
Banned

Post by Arian » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:00 am

Danfun64 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:05 pmIndia rerunning the same 27 episodes over and over again is just plain absurd. Is CN India waiting for a contract to expire or something before they could import Funi's dub? What about the people in India who want a Hindi dub?
While I agree with you on the 27 episodes in rotation thing, we still don't know if they're still doing that or if it's a bygone practice. Waiting for FUNimation's dub is a possibility but they could be done with Dragon Ball completely for all we know. And the people who run the networks will only use a Hindi dub if one's already in place, I don't think they would go out of their way to produce one.