Dragon Ball Z "Composer" Shuky Levy accused of attempted murder by Sarah Brown

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Composer" Shuky Levy accused of attempted murder by Sarah Brown

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:16 pm

Ryuji-Otogi wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm Huh? Are you arguing that males don’t have a size and weight advantage over females? They definitely do. And yikes. It’s definitely reasonable to be against putting male and female inmates in the same prisons. I’m not even sure why that was brought up in this thread.
No no, see, that's the thing. I was arguing from ignorance. Actually, Hormone Replacement therapy and surgery is so destructively invasive that a trans-woman doesn't have the weight and strength advantage they normally would. It's what happens when your testosterone and family jewels are getting axed. Women still keep some of their testosterone, while trans-men don't keep hardly any at all.

That's the point. I, a straight white male who doesn't know the first thing of what being transgender is like, made assumptions that only sounded reasonable to someone who doesn't know any better. I hurt someone real bad due to how reckless I was.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Z "Composer" Shuky Levy accused of attempted murder by Sarah Brown

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:27 pm

I am on Day #310 of Spironolactone, which is used for us girls to block testosterone. Even cis girls use it! On Spironolactone we have massive muscle loss. Shoe sizes get smaller and some girls lose one to three inches off their height.

I can't lift a thing anymore. I need a big, strong man to do the heavy lifting now! ❤

Trans people should be imprisoned with their gender, not withe their AGAB.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Ryuji-Otogi
Banned

Post by Ryuji-Otogi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Fionordequester wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:16 pm
Ryuji-Otogi wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:25 pm Huh? Are you arguing that males don’t have a size and weight advantage over females? They definitely do. And yikes. It’s definitely reasonable to be against putting male and female inmates in the same prisons. I’m not even sure why that was brought up in this thread.
No no, see, that's the thing. I was arguing from ignorance. Actually, Hormone Replacement therapy and surgery is so destructively invasive that a trans-woman doesn't have the weight and strength advantage they normally would. It's what happens when your testosterone and family jewels are getting axed. Women still keep some of their testosterone, while trans-men don't keep hardly any at all.

That's the point. I, a straight white male who doesn't know the first thing of what being transgender is like, made assumptions that only sounded reasonable to someone who doesn't know any better. I hurt someone real bad due to how reckless I was.
There’s transgenders who have and have not undergone treatment and surgery, so I suppose the conversation is slightly different depending on which type you’re talking about. But males easily defeating females in sports where males that identify as women are allowed to participate seems to contradict this argument. Also, being a straight white male doesn’t mean you can’t have your own opinion on transgender topics. These things don’t only affect them, but the rest of society too. Whether or not males who identify as women have a strength advantage over females in terms of hypothetical rape scenarios is also not the only consideration with the whole intersex prison idea.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:51 pm

Whatever conversation you have, could you please have it via PMs? I'll greatly regret it if what I said accidentally sparked a multi-page long debate in a topic about something else entirely.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:56 am

Ok, how in the hell did this topic shift towards transgender issues?? What are you guys doing

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Ryuji-Otogi wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pm There’s transgenders who
It's 'transgender people'. We do not do transgender, we are transgender.
Ryuji-Otogi wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pmBut males easily defeating females in sports where males that identify as women are allowed to participate seems to contradict this argument.
Transitioning makes us no different from cis women. Our bodies become smaller and weaker to within the same range as cis women.
Ryuji-Otogi wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pmAlso, being a straight white male doesn’t mean you can’t have your own opinion on transgender topics. These things don’t only affect them, but the rest of society too.
Cisgender people do not get to have their opinions catered to on the subject. The only work they have to do is to learn a new name and pronouns. All of the real work is done by the person transitioning. The idea that cisgender people get to have their opinions catered to is ridiculous.
Ryuji-Otogi wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:48 pmWhether or not males who identify as women have a strength advantage over females in terms of hypothetical rape scenarios is also not the only consideration with the whole intersex prison idea.
We're not men, we're women. We are women.

Cisgender people rape one another all the time and so the idea of "a trans person is going to rape a cis person!" is so fucking ridiculous and insulting. It's bullshit meant to turn trans people into boogeymen and fear-monger.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:18 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:56 am Ok, how in the hell did this topic shift towards transgender issues?? What are you guys doing
Yeah, let's just focus on the topic at hand instead of turning into a transgender promotion centre. The whole topic is a bit misleading though since Levy himself didn't do a lot of composing for DBZ. Nonetheless, I am interested in how this will play out.