You are put in charge of the entire Dragon Ball Franchise what you do ?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: You are put in charge of the entire Dragon Ball Franchise what you do ?

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:31 am
Tai Lung wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 pm goku dies and gets trapped in universe 6 in which he decides to stay
This would be horrendous.
why? it's the same ... in the series goku being 7 years dead in the other world but I'm giving an excuse for him not to be able to return ... instead of just goku not wanting to return because ....he doesn't want to do it
in the series no exist rason was terrible.

I'm really waiting for an answer ... because if not ... I'll believe you're just here just to get attention

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:54 pm goku dies and gets trapped in universe 6 in which he decides to stay
why? it's the same ... in the series goku being 7 years dead in the other world but I'm giving an excuse for him not to be able to return ... instead of just goku not wanting to return because ....he doesn't want to do it

I'm really waiting for an answer ... because if not ... I'll believe you're just here just to get attention
We both know the real reason you want him to stay in universe 6. Let’s not mince any words. you want him
to be with Caulifla.

How would he even get trapped? Why would he even want to stay? There’s no real reason for either of those things unless you want to go into OOC territory.

I singled out this thing out of your list because the other things you said were fine, so don’t assume me disagreeing with one point is “looking for attention:”

Rook8z8

Post by Rook8z8 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:59 pm

I'd demand a soundtrack be made of all the unreleased tracks in every dragon ball series, then right after it's released, i'd quit.

I love dragon ball to death, but i'd never want to be in charge and have to deal with such a franchise and its fanbase.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:41 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:05 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm

We both know the real reason you want him to stay in universe 6. Let’s not mince any words. you want him
to be with Caulifla.

How would he even get trapped? Why would he even want to stay? There’s no real reason for either of those things unless you want to go into OOC territory.

I singled out this thing out of your list because the other things you said were fine, so don’t assume me disagreeing with one point is “looking for attention:”
:lol: do you know what's funny? that I never said that, you are assuming it .. and surely because you hate too much a fanon couple which does not even have to do in this matter so why argue about that? ... but jokes aside, what I said has nothing to do with it. Believe me that if I wanted to that, I would simply say it, I have no problem, but as much as I like something, it does not mean that I only focus on that.

why did goku stay in the other world?
-for Gohan to takeprotagonism on earth
-for him to train 7 years with powerful warriors
- shenron can't revive but polunga can do.
- Polunga cannot revive people in another universe.

but it always bothered me that we could never see his training and there weren't many strong guys there either. if instead it were in other universes we could see how it strengthens facing other enemies
also nobody would see a series with the saiyans of other universes at least that goku is there
I have not said he stay forever in another universe .. he will return as always.

and just to clarify ... what would you think if someone who bothers to read a long comment on an "imaginative" topic just to say "I don't like something" without saying why?

There is no problem that you do not like something ... but there is no reason to shout it at all times if it is not into context

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:48 am

SSJgogeto wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:53 pm
ABED wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:26 pm
SSJgogeto wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:50 pm I would try to convince Toriyama to put some elements of GT in the canon. GT itself is dispensable, but we can always use some things of the anime, making them better in the canonical version.
But you are in charge. You can make it canon.
Wait, but Toriyama still have the final word in this, right? I mean, that's probably how things are working right now.
No. You don’t need him for that. But you can consult him and use his ideas.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:49 am

I would make it so they stop messing up the official English subs by using dub changes. Then I would order them to make a complete blu-ray set of DB-DBS and allow companies around the world to dub over it and release it, with the best quality available for each series. I got nothing else I would particularly want to do.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:51 pm

FUNimation is out.

Tao Pai Pai is in (FighterZ).

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:45 pm

Give Broly his tail back. Have a colony of good Saiyans, and keep the idea of Hell seen in the original DBZ dub. And make Super Saiyan 4 canon.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:44 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:45 pm Give Broly his tail back. Have a colony of good Saiyans, and keep the idea of Hell seen in the original DBZ dub. And make Super Saiyan 4 canon.
Uhh what does the idea of Hell have to do with DBZ dub, I don't get it :|

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Well, I'd make Super end naturally at EoZ and then work with Toyotaro and Toriyama in order to make Dragon Ball Ultimate a real thing.
After that, I'd do what other people have already said and end it. Or, rather, I'd end Dragon Ball in its current form, that form being the "Goku era". The franchise wouldn't just abruptly end in its entirety, but there would be no more new stories from the years we're used to at the moment. Instead, focus would be given to stories from other places, with other characters, and/or from other eras. (I'd be okay with Heroes continuing to use Xeno Goku and such, by the way. That's just how Heroes works.) This would not be a popular decision to make, but I believe it'd be for the best.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:45 pm keep the idea of Hell seen in the original DBZ dub.
Where it wasn’t hell and it was Home For Infinite Losers?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:11 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:45 pm keep the idea of Hell seen in the original DBZ dub.
Where it wasn’t hell and it was Home For Infinite Losers?
Yeah just like that. Though I do like Frieza's punishment and would happily incorporate it. Though I'm not sure its not still Home For Infinite Losers in the dub.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:34 pm

I would impose strict laws whereby past, present & future DragonBall franchise series, installments, ovas, specials, movies have serious quality control/check. Past DB, DBZ, their films & future installments should have same quality as that of DBZ M8-M13.

Lucky_Deity

Post by Lucky_Deity » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:30 pm

If I had the power I would love to...

- Dub and release all the OVA's / Specials on DVD / Blu-Ray (Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, Episode of Bardock & Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return!! etc.)
- High quality remasters of everything.
- A game which is a cross and expands on Xenoverse, Heroes & Online.
- English releases of spin-off manga which haven't been translated (Heroes, Neko Majin etc.)
- More manga / anime exploring other characters and places in the DB world.
- Anime adaptations of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman and That Time I Got Reincarnated as Yamcha.
- A proper anime adaptation of Heroes starting from the beginning.
- Some sort of game or game mode based on the Tournament of Power including all characters from the series (how plausible how this'd work I don't know but I can dream).
- More places to stream the series.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:07 am

Zephyr wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:51 pm FUNimation is out.

Tao Pai Pai is in (FighterZ).
yeah outside of the "just permanently end it" stuff, this would for sure be my main thing. enough with the crappy DVD releases, enough with the stubbornness with keeping their odd name translations from the mid 90s, and enough with keeping weird casting choices from that era (schemmel's kaio). the fact that their isn't a way to watch the original z anime dubbed in english without whiplashing back and forth from like 3 different era's of funimation is just insane to me. they really just aren't great with the franchise as a whole but their especially bad with z.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Should Julie be given control over the Dragon Ball franchise she would bring together the best creators at Shueisha, Toei Animation and Bandai and ask them what sort of projects they want to create and then give them the time and resources to do so.

For my own personal projects:

•Remake Dragon Ball Super as movies using Shintani Naohiro's designs and overseen by skilled animators. Let Chioka Kimitoshi direct the Beers arc, Yama'uchi Shigeyasu (this would require a lot of begging) or Hatano Morio direct Golden Freeza, Tanaka Yuuta directing Champa, Watabane Koudai or Ishitani Megumi directing a remake of the Future Trunks arc, and then all of them working together to direct a trilogy based on the Tournament of Power.
•Asking Nagamine Tatsuya and Shintani Naohiro to oversee an extended edition of the Broli film.
•Producing a slice-of-life series ala Emiya-san Chi no Kyou no Gohan. The Fate franchise has very intelligently managed to spread its wings by producing multiple series of different genres. Dragon Ball should learn from this.
•Ask authors to produce their own comics or light novels.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:16 pm

I feel like a lot of people would just say things like "make the writing and visuals good" and like, yeah, those things are kind of a given.

I dunno what I'd do with absolute control over everything, but I'd love to see some spinoffs.

Say once we reach GT-era (and not actually doing GT because it still pretty much sucks), I still really want essentially a Boruto-type thing, where Goku and Vegeta and the gang are off doing something else, and the main cast consists of Pan, Trunks, Goten, Bulla, Marin and maybe Uub. Having a group of 5 or 6 introduced as separate but equal characters with individual development to track has always been more interesting to me than just 1 with a bunch of extras introduced as "main cast members" to be discarded or replaced along the way.

But I also feel like you could go weirder. Like, I wanna see a whole series where the villains are the main characters. Freeza is the obvious choice as he's still alive, but making new characters isn't a bad idea either. I feel that a lot of DB's villains suffer from being very inhuman and cartoonish (uh, the bad kind of cartoonish) where their motivation is secondary to their roles as antagonists. Actually humanizing a character over the course of their own series, only for them to still be clearly in the wrong, would make an entirely different setup to their eventual confrontation with the heroes. Zamasu was really close to hitting the premise I'm talking about here, though how he was actually handled was a little lackluster.

Or hell, how about a DB story where not a single established character appears. Take Toriyama's artstyle, and maybe some things about the setting, and tell an entire disconnected story that's not immediately relevant to a real event in the main DB canon at all. This is the sort of thing I really wish they'd do with those new Star Wars spinoff movies, just flesh out the world and tone of the franchise without needing the brand recognition of it's iconic characters and maybe make it feel more like a coherent universe of it's own.

Also, I feel like in the interim between now and Kid Trunks actually growing to look and sound like Future Trunks, it'd be worth closing the book on time travel in the series forever. I'm thinking that some story arc set off-planet ends with Goku and co. returning to Earth only to find like a fuckin thousand time machines and a literal army of Trunkses, Mais and maybe even Zamasus arguing about what the fuck to do. I don't really want to bring shitty Heroes/Xenoverse nonsense into it, but I like Kaioshin of Time so maybe involve her somehow. Like, somehow have the various paradoxes and complete mess of the timeline become the villain. Call him "Paradox King" or something, have beating him change the nature of time in the DB verse or whatever, all the Trunkses go home and now time travel just doesn't even happen anymore.

Similarly, CRASH EVERY UNIVERSE INTO EACH OTHER. Like, mash all 12 universes into one big universe next time Zeno wants to destroy a bunch. There is literally nothing but potential that can come from that decision, especially when Toriyama pulls stupid shit like "U7 only has 27 planets with intelligent life". Also because I feel like all the gods and deities would be running around panicking about it, like the office merger in Bojack Horseman.

Oh, and also give the series some good High Quality releases, reedit Kai to include the first six arcs and rescore it with the Kikuchi score and fix the footage.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:55 pm

Delete Dragon Ball Minus from existence and rewrite the end of the Black arc. That's about it.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:16 pm

-Fire Toyotaro
-Form a manga production team with exclusive artists and scenario writers
-Kick Yamamuro out of the franchise for good
-Bring back Hidenori Arai or buy out his entire sound effect library
-Produce a complete soundtrack release of the Kikuchi score
-Produce a definiteve Blu-ray release of the old TV series
-Re-release the old movies uncensored with better color corrections and selective aspect ratio
-Fire the bad promo artist

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:08 am

Hire Toyotaro to write the DBS anime.