Is being attracted to a Dragon Ball character considered weird?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: Is being attracted to a Dragon Ball character considered weird?

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:56 pm

I mean, I had crush on Kikyo when I was like 8 and that was mostly cuz she was the first naked anime girl I saw.. and the love triangle between She, Inuyasha and Kagome was pretty intense at the time lol.

But there’s fine line between saying a cartoon/video game character is cute/sexy in a joking kind of way and some incel weirdo making cult like shrines to Bulma and shunning every real life woman he comes across for not looking like her.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pmPlease do not refer to me as 'dude', thank you.
Fine, that's pretty irrelevant anyway bro. Kinda has nothing to do with what I originally posted in the first place.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:40 am

"please don't refer too me with a traditionally masculine pronoun"
*responds with a even more masculine pronoun*
ok then.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:57 pm

Yeah, no masculine pronouns or names at all, please. ❤
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:20 pm

The one calling everyone "honey" in the same (rather demeaning) tone can't accept "dude"? :think:

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:40 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:20 pm The one calling everyone "honey" in the same (rather demeaning) tone can't accept "dude"? :think:
False equivalency; "Honey" is gender-neutral, "Dude" is inherently masculine, and yet you're presenting them as equivalent because you consider them to be "rather demeaning" in tone, completely ignoring the entire point here.

People often aren't huge fans of being misgendered, and you're completely ignoring that in favour of... Nitpicking something you don't like about JulieYBM's conduct?... If you find someone's conduct "demeaning", you could try just y'know... PMing them? Just y'know, talk it out, explain how you feel, deal with it like an adult.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:51 pm

I gotta get outta here
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Robo4900 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:40 pm
mute_proxy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:20 pm The one calling everyone "honey" in the same (rather demeaning) tone can't accept "dude"? :think:
False equivalency; "Honey" is gender-neutral, "Dude" is inherently masculine, and yet you're presenting them as equivalent because you consider them to be "rather demeaning" in tone, completely ignoring the entire point here.

People often aren't huge fans of being misgendered, and you're completely ignoring that in favour of... Nitpicking something you don't like about JulieYBM's conduct?... If you find someone's conduct "demeaning", you could try just y'know... PMing them? Just y'know, talk it out, explain how you feel, deal with it like an adult.
It has been discussed before, and she herself concluded that she meant nothing by it, and that it was okay. Calling it specifically as being equivalent to dude. Oh well, not my business either way. The way things are "you shouldn't do this, but it's okay for me to do this" ticks me off a bit.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:34 pm

Anyway, to get back on topic, is it weird to be into the scenario of someone like Goku or Tenshinhan forcing Oolong to take on the form of a young woman and then just going to town on him? Like does this hint at some deepseated moral failing on my part?
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:48 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:34 pm Anyway, to get back on topic, is it weird to be into the scenario of someone like Goku or Tenshinhan forcing Oolong to take on the form of a young woman and then just going to town on him? Like does this hint at some deepseated moral failing on my part?
Only if you go out of your way to think about it, I'd say. Subconsciously, thoughts like that are always going to occur to anyone with intellectual curiosity.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm

It's fiction honey, it's cool to jack it to some kinky scenarios. Gokuu or Tenshinhan force-femming Oolong and then fucking him? I bat no eyes. I'm usually pretty vanilla but I also like some darker things.

So long as you don't harm 3D people it's perfectly fine to be turned on by scenarios no matter your gender.
Robo nailed it, but here's something else to consider: you're not the gurl who has to write like a stereotype to practice sounding like their gender to avoid dysphoria and wash out twenty years of pretending to masculine.

Being misgendered? Instantly fucks up the day of your average trans person and is a direct.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:30 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm It's fiction honey, it's cool to jack it to some kinky scenarios. Gokuu or Tenshinhan force-femming Oolong and then fucking him? I bat no eyes. I'm usually pretty vanilla but I also like some darker things.

So long as you don't harm 3D people it's perfectly fine to be turned on by scenarios no matter your gender.
I kinda just like the irony of it. Oolong, a literal misogynist pig, being given the kind of body he would usually leer at, and then being manhandled by big burly guys is almost poetic
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:34 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:30 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:05 pm It's fiction honey, it's cool to jack it to some kinky scenarios. Gokuu or Tenshinhan force-femming Oolong and then fucking him? I bat no eyes. I'm usually pretty vanilla but I also like some darker things.

I kinda just like the irony of it. Oolong, a literal misogynist pig, being given the kind of body he would usually leer at, and then being manhandled by big burly guys is almost poetic
Sounds hot, especially if it is a detailed transformation process.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:07 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:34 pm Anyway, to get back on topic, is it weird to be into the scenario of someone like Goku or Tenshinhan forcing Oolong to take on the form of a young woman and then just going to town on him? Like does this hint at some deepseated moral failing on my part?
No. Everyone has their kinks, and provided any real people involved in your kink are consenting adults, there's no shame in it at all.
If something isn't harming anyone, and it gives you a form of pleasure, it's probably a good thing. Simple as that.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Being called 'honey' by anyone other than my mom makes me feel uncomfortable.

But not as uncomfortable as imagining detailed rape scenarios, even those involving fictional characters.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:06 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:54 pm Being called 'honey' by anyone other than my mom makes me feel uncomfortable.

But not as uncomfortable as imagining detailed rape scenarios, even those involving fictional characters.
Sorry. I figured with some of Roshi's stunts (especially those in Super) and Oolong's own attempts to drug Bulma that the community had a higher than average tolerance for non-con/reluctance stories. My fault.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:38 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:54 pm Being called 'honey' by anyone other than my mom makes me feel uncomfortable.
You wouldn't want your partner/spouse to call you honey?
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:54 pmBut not as uncomfortable as imagining detailed rape scenarios, even those involving fictional characters.
Sometimes you just wanna be a female knight who
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:38 pm
You wouldn't want your partner/spouse to call you honey?
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:54 pmBut not as uncomfortable as imagining detailed rape scenarios, even those involving fictional characters.
Sometimes you just wanna be a female knight who
You aren't that person's spouse. Completely different context.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:00 pm

ABED wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 pmYou aren't that person's spouse. Completely different context.
I'm not talking about myself, honey. ♥
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:03 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:00 pm
ABED wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 pmYou aren't that person's spouse. Completely different context.
I'm not talking about myself, honey. ♥
I'm being polite, but I'm going to ask you to never call me honey.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.