Is being attracted to a Dragon Ball character considered weird?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Re: Is being attracted to a Dragon Ball character considered weird?

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:58 am

"Strong yet accessible" is the best personality archetype.

That most of these women could bench press me is a bonus.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:58 am

There are several levels to this I think. You can like how a character is drawn, animated and voiced which is nothing out of the ordinary. Likewise, you can also dislike a character for the same reasons. Animation is a form of storytelling which is meant to evoke emotions. This is the same with all forms of storytelling actually. If you don't get any emotional response by watching the movie/anime it's a sign it isn't for you or you're probably watching The Last Jedi. (Just kidding)

However, you can take this too far and saying you want to fuck or have children with a dragon ball character is a sign you might want to visit a doctor. However which way you spin it, it's a drawing of a fictional character. It's not very healthy to have sexual obsessions over such characters since you train your brain to set a standard that way.

This whole topic reminds me of that guy that married his "wife" in Japan...which was a character in the Love+ game for the Nintendo DS which was hilarious in itself. It really is an evolution of the compulsive behavior I see in this topic. Whatever floats your boat I guess but healthy it's certainly not.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:08 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:58 am "Strong yet accessible" is the best personality archetype.

That most of these women could bench press me is a bonus.
I like all types of girls so this type is definitely a favorite of mine...but when I don't know a woman personally I just wind up wanting to be like her, rather than dating her. :lol: Or heck, just to be her friend, too. It doesn't help that the HRT has shifted me so much towards being attracted to men, either. (^_^)

Hmm...actually, I'd probably feel more comfortable looking like Orihime and then dating Yoru'ichi...actually, wait, fuck, I'm more attracted to Ichigo than I am Yoru'ichi.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 pm

I'm not sure sure Orihime is comfortable being Orihime. The back problems!
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:27 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 pm I'm not sure sure Orihime is comfortable being Orihime. The back problems!
As a woman with breasts I completely understand that...but...she's so cute and strong! She has the courage to be herself that I wish I had more of. Also, she's a MILF and has a cute son and hunky husband!! My heart and body are telling me to create a dimension-crossing device to transfer my consciousness into a reality in which Bleach is real and merge my mind with herrrssssssssssssss!!

Goddamn, I'm such a basic white girl. >_<

A note on breasts: mine are sore as h*ck all the time now which means I can't sleep on my chest or my sides anymore. I've been stuck sleeping on my back for months now and holy h*ck, it really starts to hurt after a while. If I neglect to don a bra and I try to run...oof, baby, these girls are not built for bouncing up and down. >_< Nevertheless, having a chest like hers and being able to feed with it is something I wish I could do as a woman. :(
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:10 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 12:19 pm I'm not sure sure Orihime is comfortable being Orihime. The back problems!
She's sure gonna have problems when I'm done diggin it. :twisted: :P :P
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:50 pm

We might all be considered weird by society's standards. All the time fans dedicate to discussing, analyzing, defending an old cartoon especially those of us in our late 20's and 30's. I'm sure most people would tell us to do something more productive with our time. As long as you enjoy it and it doesn't consume your life or hurt anyone then do as you please :thumbup:.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Skar wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:50 pm We might all be considered weird by society's standards. All the time fans dedicate to discussing, analyzing, defending an old cartoon especially those of us in our late 20's and 30's. I'm sure most people would tell us to do something more productive with our time. As long as you enjoy it and it doesn't consume your life or hurt anyone then do as you please :thumbup:.
You put it quite nicely.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 pm

Where is good old Launch, no sign of her in Super (bad bad writing, this is absolute proof) at all, fuck, i truely miss her.
Nothing against gay people, but i never ever understood the semi-gay relationship between Tien Shinhan and Chiatotzu with Launch in the neighbourhood. Are you guys blind, get yourself a pair of glasses (or three-eye-glasses) for godsake!
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 pm Where is good old Launch, no sign of her in Super (bad bad writing, this is absolute proof) at all, fuck, i miss her, i miss her.
I hate to see her go, but I like to watch her leave.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:09 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 pm Where is good old Launch, no sign of her in Super (bad bad writing, this is absolute proof) at all, fuck, i truely miss her.
Nothing against gay people, but i never ever understood the semi-gay relationship between Tien Shinhan and Chiatotzu with Launch in the neighbourhood. Are you guys blind, get yourself a pair of glasses (or three-eye-glasses) for godsake!
Tenshinhan and Chaozu's bond is very strong. Both having a homosexual or pansexual relationship with one another would be fun to see. Heterosexuality isn't some default that makes same-gender relationships an anomaly.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:11 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:09 pm
Mister_Popo wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:23 pm Where is good old Launch, no sign of her in Super (bad bad writing, this is absolute proof) at all, fuck, i truely miss her.
Tenshinhan and Chaozu's bond is very strong. Both having a homosexual or pansexual relationship with one another would be fun to see. Heterosexuality isn't some default that makes same-gender relationships an anomaly.

It's not an anomaly. I wouldn't mind if they were, althought i doubt whether Super would depict it.
I only got it out of context to emphasize 'the beauty' of good old Launch. :mrgreen:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 am

Yes it would certainly be fun to see an adult male looking character make love to a character that happens to look like a 4 year old boy with clown make up on. Oh wait, no, that would actually be extremely uncomfortable and would be a huge blow to the brand, no matter how you'd spin it.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:17 am

Jord wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 am Yes it would certainly be fun to see an adult male looking character make love to a character that happens to look like a 4 year old boy with clown make up on. Oh wait, no, that would actually be extremely uncomfortable and would be a huge blow to the brand, no matter how you'd spin it.
Yes, because we've totally seen all of the other relationships in this series make love. I'm sure we all well remember the filler episode that actually showed us Gohan's conception; and how could we ever forget the multi-episode arc showing Vegeta and Bulma going at it to ensure Trunks becomes a thing in the main timeline as well!

...Oh, wait. You mean those aren't actual episodes or chapters? That those scenes only exist within fan's minds and their fan-created works? ...Well I'll be!

I mean, I'm not even really of the mindset that says Tenshinhan and Chaozu are definitely a couple (speaking personally, I see them more as brothers-in-arms, but I can easily see how they could be spun a different way as well), but arguing against them being a couple using a basis that's not something we've ever seen (or will ever see) in an official capacity with even the heterosexual couples is so incredibly bad faith that it's pretty disappointing really.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:16 am

Jord wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 am
Yes it would certainly be fun to see an adult male looking character make love to a character that happens to look like a 4 year old boy with clown make up on. Oh wait, no, that would actually be extremely uncomfortable and would be a huge blow to the brand, no matter how you'd spin it.
I'm happy you want to see Chaozu swallow the cummies but I prefer the truly lewd stuff, like cuddling in bed. Now that is how you get all the girldicks hard!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 am

Jord wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 am
Uncomfortable would be putting it lightly, you'd have to be seriously deranged to want to see something like that.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:47 am

Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 am Uncomfortable would be putting it lightly, you'd have to be seriously deranged to want to see something like that.
I'm rotten like an apple, straight (LOL) to my core. I like the lewdest shit possible, like hand-holding. G*sh, gays holding hands is so fuckin' cute, the Best.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:38 am

I'm about 99% sure Tenshinhan doesn't fuck and wouldn't know the proper procedure for anything beyond a respectful pat on the back.

On a (somewhat) more serious note, what exactly is Chiaotzu? I know he uses male pronouns but are we sure he isn't like Piccolo and just goes along with it because explaining the nuances of creepy chinese vampire doll biology/psychology would just take too long?
Jord wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:11 am Yes it would certainly be fun to see an adult male looking character make love to a character that happens to look like a 4 year old boy with clown make up on. Oh wait, no, that would actually be extremely uncomfortable and would be a huge blow to the brand, no matter how you'd spin it.
Guys, Toriyama already crossed this line with Blue, remember?
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Zarely
Banned

Post by Zarely » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:27 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:47 am
Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:10 am Uncomfortable would be putting it lightly, you'd have to be seriously deranged to want to see something like that.
I'm rotten like an apple, straight (LOL) to my core. I like the lewdest shit possible, like hand-holding. G*sh, gays holding hands is so fuckin' cute, the Best.
Whatever you say dude.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:46 pm

Zarely wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:27 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:47 am
Whatever you say dude.
Please do not refer to me as 'dude', thank you.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
Lucifer's bimbo daughter