Toei should promoto Piccolo more as a LGBTQQIP2SAA character

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Re: Toei should promoto Piccolo more as a LGBTQQIP2SAA character

Post by ABED » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Ryuji-Otogi wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:08 pmI’m not against gays and I wasn’t being rude to anyone who is. It’s unfortunate that you took it that way.
You may want to think of rephrasing it and putting the onus on you. Something like "I'm sorry I offended you, that wasn't my intention". Otherwise it feels insincere.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:04 pm

He does not have to apologize because what he said wasn't inflammatory nor offensive. We do not need a noose and a high tree every time someone says something you disagree with.

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:24 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:38 pm There's nothing wrong with promoting progressive values, especially when the content is already in the original work. Piccolo shows no sexual or romantic interest in other characters. Simply calling that what it is--being asexual and aromantic--is nothing revolutionary. There is nothing 'shoehorning' about that and your attitude to it being 'appeasing the alphabet people' does nothing but betray the fact that you are a despicable bigot trying to hide behind some put-upon attitude of being a truth-teller.
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 pm Pretty much. White cishet men never have to face consequences for how they treat women so they'd come to dehumanize women and forgotten how to emphasize with fellow human beings. I can guarantee you not a single one of these assholes have ever stopped to think about how it must feel to be a woman in an industry, State, nation and world so clearly built by and for white cishet men to fulfill the needs and whims of white cishet men.
I hate to do this but seriously...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 pm

omegacwa wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:24 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:38 pm There's nothing wrong with promoting progressive values, especially when the content is already in the original work. Piccolo shows no sexual or romantic interest in other characters. Simply calling that what it is--being asexual and aromantic--is nothing revolutionary. There is nothing 'shoehorning' about that and your attitude to it being 'appeasing the alphabet people' does nothing but betray the fact that you are a despicable bigot trying to hide behind some put-upon attitude of being a truth-teller.
JulieYBM wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:14 pm Pretty much. White cishet men never have to face consequences for how they treat women so they'd come to dehumanize women and forgotten how to emphasize with fellow human beings. I can guarantee you not a single one of these assholes have ever stopped to think about how it must feel to be a woman in an industry, State, nation and world so clearly built by and for white cishet men to fulfill the needs and whims of white cishet men.
I hate to do this but seriously...
You didn't make a point, hon.

Ryuji-Otogi is hiding behind an attitude of "just telling the truth" as if he isn't dog-whistling and demeaning minorities with names like 'alphabet people' or completely refusing to read the texts from other voices in this thread merely to pull down their pants and wave around their metaphorical penis as if to mock the entire discussion. The post you are trying to link it to in some sort of play at calling out hypocrisy...is me saying that the Vic Mignogna's sycophantic leeches are a result of a justice system and societal issues that allows cishet white men to get away with treating women (and minorities of all sorts in broader contexts) like shit.

Yeah, I'm going to get upset when this bullshit happens. The user in question is now on my block list so I don't have to look at their stupid shit. ♥
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

omegacwa

Post by omegacwa » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:51 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 pm
Take what you wrote, swap it to be about any minority and their negative stereotypes and that user would instantly get banned.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:01 pm

omegacwa wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:51 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:48 pm
Take what you wrote, swap it to be about any minority and their negative stereotypes and that user would instantly get banned.
Yeah it’s almost as if context matters or something.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:50 pm

Completely ignoring the entire thread, making silly claims that insult our perspective (and frankly the LGBT+ community at large), and calling us "Alphabet People" is asinine at best, and that last part was an intentional mockery.

I'm not hanging a fucking noose, I'm stating a fact: Don't come in here without reading the intent of the thread or any of its body and then throw around accusations, insults, and generally be an ass to people without expecting them so say some variation of, "Eh fuck you too buddy."
Check out TeamFourStar's DragonBall Z Abridged:
http://teamfourstar.com/

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 pm

it's just such a easy and frustrating troll-ish move. you can't be purposefully dismissive to a entire topic and the idea of more lgbtq+ representation, well making backhanded insults to a entire community and then just go "sorry you feel that way bro /:" when you get slightly called out.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:28 pm

While "alphabet people" is obviously derogatory and very much an alt-right bigoted term, I will say that I do feel that having as many letters of identification as in the title of the thread is a bit absurd and could make the entire community look like a joke, and thus does more harm than good.

My bisexual sister feels the same way. We both agree that LGBT, LGBTQ and LGBT+ are well enough, though perhaps a new, brief, all inclusive term should be adopted that would satisfy any and everybody.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:35 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:28 pm While "alphabet people" is obviously derogatory and very much an alt-right bigoted term, I will say that I do feel that having as many letters of identification as in the title of the thread is a bit absurd and could make the entire community look like a joke, and thus does more harm than good.

My bisexual sister feels the same way. We both agree that LGBT, LGBTQ and LGBT+ are well enough, though perhaps a new, brief, all inclusive term should be adopted that would satisfy any and everybody.
There's still a bit of question as to whether or not this thread was even made in good faith in the first place and that title is a huge hint that it's not, because a majority of the LGBT+ community do not bother past Q.

supersaiyanZero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:36 pm

Metalwario64 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:28 pm While "alphabet people" is obviously derogatory and very much an alt-right bigoted term
I won't say it hasn't been used by those on the alt-right, but I'm not sure its an alt right bigoted term either. From my point of view, the "alphabet people" isn't used as a slander for anyone who isn't straight, but more as a term to highlight the absurdity of a very vocal minority within the LBGT group that as you said yourself, does more harm than good.
I will say that I do feel that having as many letters of identification as in the title of the thread is a bit absurd
That's exactly it. I don't see it any worse than Julie's ramblings of "cishet white men" being the cause of all problems on the planet, in fact I would think the latter is much more dangerous.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:44 pm

KaiserNeko wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:35 pm
Metalwario64 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:28 pm While "alphabet people" is obviously derogatory and very much an alt-right bigoted term, I will say that I do feel that having as many letters of identification as in the title of the thread is a bit absurd and could make the entire community look like a joke, and thus does more harm than good.

There's still a bit of question as to whether or not this thread was even made in good faith in the first place and that title is a huge hint that it's not, because a majority of the LGBT+ community do not bother past Q.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the thread wasn't made in good faith. I typically use LGBTQIA+ because I know ace folks and I feel like intersex folks are often ignored in the discussion or perhaps prematurely wrapped in with transgender folks. I also vaguely recall seeing LGBTQIA+ being used somewhere before but I seriously can't remember where.

Frankly, I really want to try and popularize GSRM: Gender, Sex, and Racial Minorities since tend to be so intrinsically connected (Hey there Martha P Johnson!). I hope it can gain some traction so I don't have to explain it quite as much.
She/Her
bisexual milf

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the thread wasn't made in good faith. I typically use LGBTQIA+ because I know ace folks and I feel like intersex folks are often ignored in the discussion or perhaps prematurely wrapped in with transgender folks. I also vaguely recall seeing LGBTQIA+ being used somewhere before but I seriously can't remember where.

Frankly, I really want to try and popularize GSRM: Gender, Sex, and Racial Minorities since tend to be so intrinsically connected (Hey there Martha P Johnson!). I hope it can gain some traction so I don't have to explain it quite as much.
Unfortunately, whites (men in particular) have tricked many of these groups into hating each other. Deliberately I might add.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:04 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:13 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Unfortunately, whites (men in particular) have tricked many of these groups into hating each other. Deliberately I might add.
It's class warfare. The wealthy trick white people in blaming their poor economic positions on undocumented residents and and minorities. The longer we're at each others throats the more time they have to run out the back door with all the money.
She/Her
bisexual milf

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 pm

No one has to be tricked into holding really bad ideas.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.

KaiserNeko

Post by KaiserNeko » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 pm

ABED wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 pm No one has to be tricked into holding really bad ideas.
Yeah but... fuck, man, if there ain't a bunch of rich assholes makin' money off of trickin' people.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:33 pm

KaiserNeko wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 pm
ABED wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:25 pm No one has to be tricked into holding really bad ideas.
Yeah but... fuck, man, if there ain't a bunch of rich assholes makin' money off of trickin' people.
Oof, yeah. I know there are a lot of genuinely bigoted people out there but humanity as a whole isn't naturally evil. Look no further than the strategic class warfare that conservatives have been waging on the working-class since The Civil Rights Act was passed. Nixon had the Southern Strategy as well as making blacks synonymous with heroin and Reagan gutted our welfare programs by tying them strictly to black and brown folks. This is why we need universal programs that apply to everyone, even the wealthy. Means-testing will just be used to turn poor and upper-working-class whites against poor minorities.

Ugh. Fuck Reagan and Nixon.
She/Her
bisexual milf

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:43 am

KaiserNeko wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:54 pm
Trick implies they don't believe what they are saying. The people benefiting from this aren't the source the problem, they are a symptom, but this all feels off topic.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 am

I think of anything the disconnect in this thread is that YES everyone knows that Piccolo or rather Namekians in general are a predominantly “male like” species and they lay Eggs but they also don’t need to hump anything to do it. We all know that. We know that Namekians don’t deal in romance or sexual feelings because it’s not in their DNA to do so. I don’t know what comes into play when a human decides to be/realizes that they are “ACE”. I actually went on a date with a girl who turned out to be Asexual.. She was cool, that’s a story for another time though lol

The problem is that with the way the tread is titled and with how Super is largely a product of fan demand or at least it seems that way. No one wants to see Piccolo suddenly running around in “short shorts” and a “Rainbow Cape” just to please an extremely small group of people.

Btw anybody Remember Miyuki from YuYu Hakusho.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:22 am

I've had it pointed out to me that the 'R' in GSRM stands for 'romance' and not what I thought it did. Whoops.
goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:03 amNo one wants to see Piccolo suddenly running around in “short shorts” and a “Rainbow Cape” just to please an extremely small group of people.
If I didn't before I sure do now.

There sure is a lot of obsession in this thread with randomly putting down the LGBTQIA+ community.
She/Her
bisexual milf