What media haven't you consumed?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

What media haven't you consumed?

Post by Sin » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:28 am

What parts of the franchise haven't you gotten around to yet and why?

For me it would be:

- OG Dragonball anime from Red Ribbon onwards - Switched to the manga as I couldn't stand the poor audio
- Any of Dragonball Kai - I have it on Blu-Ray but just haven't had chance yet!
- Dragonball manga beyond Freeza's arc - Might get back to this if they carry on the Full Color release
- Any of that new SDBH anime - I don't think it'll be for me but I might get bored one night so I'll never say never

A lot of my backlog is to do with time I guess (or am I just making excuses?) :think:

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: What media haven't you consumed?

Post by Vijay » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:22 am

I have constantly reminded myself to NOT be the guy that should have/consume/own everything. Life itself is temporary

Enuf with philosophy 😂😂😂 I am yet to watch/consume DBS U6 & Universal Survival Arcs

But given how even hyped BOG, ROF & Jiren fights were boring as hell, pretty sure I would never get to watch those 2 arcs completely. Oh yeah...also Zamasu/Black Arc... I downloaded entire Zamasu/Black Arc...but was bored & deleted before I could even watch it's climax.

So yeah: 3 major DBS Arcs

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sin » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:33 am

Vijay wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:22 am I have constantly reminded myself to NOT be the guy that should have/consume/own everything. Life itself is temporary

Enuf with philosophy 😂😂😂 I am yet to watch/consume DBS U6 & Universal Survival Arcs

But given how even hyped BOG, ROF & Jiren fights were boring as hell, pretty sure I would never get to watch those 2 arcs completely. Oh yeah...also Zamasu/Black Arc... I downloaded entire Zamasu/Black Arc...but was bored & deleted before I could even watch it's climax.

So yeah: 3 major DBS Arcs
Your post made me think actually and yeah I've also sort've dropped in and out of Super. I pretty much skipped BoG and RoF retellings, and a little bit of the U6 arc. I watched all of Future Trunks Arc but then dropped back to just watching certain episodes of the ToP arc. I've also not read the Super manga at all.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:22 am

The original Dragonball movies. I still need to watch those sometime.

Also most of the video games.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:27 am

- I haven't watched past episode 3 of Super Dragon Ball Heroes

- I haven't watched Kai straight through past the second US release. I do own it all and every now and then, I watch an episode or two to see Kai's take on it, but I know the story, so I don't feel it's essential to watch Kai.

- I haven't watched Super from the point where Caulifla turned Super Saiyan during the Tournament of Power. To be honest, I watched it so loosely up until that point (I watch it, but always do other stuff while watching), that I enjoy it, but couldn't tell you anything happening in great detail.

- I haven't read Super past Goku and Vegeta versus Goku Black.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:44 am

It took quite a bit of catching up a good few years back, but for the most part, I've seen just about all the major material, in both English and Japanese. The only things I can think of that I haven't seen are some of the more ancillary things, like commercials, most of the Japanese eye-catches, and such. There's also a lot of other dubs I've not seen - I've only ever seen various episodes of the Ocean dub, and not very many at that, nor have I seen any of the other English dubs for the TV series' of DB and GT. Oh yeah, or the Bang Zoom Super dub.

As far as the manga goes, I've read all of the original and I'm up to date on Super's manga. I've read all of Neko Majin at least once, but for a bunch of the other spin-off series like the various Heroes manga and SD and the like, I've only read the officially released stuff and/or as far as scanlations have gotten.

For video games though, I'm pretty hit-or-miss on those. During the era of PS2 and GBA, plus Ultimate Battle 22 and GT: Final Bout on PS1. But for the NES and SNES era before that, I've never really played any, and many of the games that came out during the PS3 era I haven't played either.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 am

Episodes 2-16 of GT aka “The Lost” episodes lol.

If we count video games, I’d say I rejected quite a few of em.

Not much of a handheld gamer so the only game I played portably was the first Legacy of Goku on GBA.

Future Shock
Buu’s Fury
Taiketsu
Legendary Super Warriors
Super Sonic Warriors 1 & 2
GT Transformation
Advanced Adventure
Origins 1 & 2
Attack of The Saiyans
Harukanaru Densetsu
The Butodens
Fusions
Heroes Series
Shin Budokai 1&2
Tenkaichi Tag Team
Collectible Card Game “Ha”

All went either unowned or unplayed just cuz I’m not a fan of playing video games on the train lol.

There’s also some console games I’ve never touched either starting with Ultimate Tenkaichi all the way up to Xenoverse 2. Fighterz is the first game I played since Raging Blast 2 back in 2010.

Well I played Xenoverse 1 but that was literally for like 2 days before being completely bored with it.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:27 am

The original Dragon Ball and the manga in general for all the series, as for videogames I only played Xenoverse 2 and Fighterz. I'm more of a casual fan to be honest :p

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:45 am

I've never played the games outside of FighterZ. Most of them are cheap anime bargain bin fillers so I don't feel they're worth my time.

I haven't watched all of Z since I was a kid watching it before Digimon started after school, and quite honestly because of Kai's superior brevity and dub I have no intention of ever sitting through Z to watch it properly as an adult, unless it was to watch the Japanese audio for the first time, but that's a hell of a commitment.

I've read all of the "OG Dragon Ball anime" part of the manga (both digitally and physically) as well as the Saiyan and Namek arcs in Full Color. I also read the Cell arc on a totally-not-legal manga website that hadn't gotten up to Buu, so my familiarity with the manga ends there. I haven't watched a lick of Super outside of the three movies, I'm waiting for Funimation to put out a complete Super Phase 1 boxset to slot between RoF and Broly.

I guess you could say I'm a passionate fan, but also one who's very specific and particular. I love Dragon Ball, but there are giant portions of it that I have no interest in, like 99% of the games, CARDASS, Heroes, etc.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:40 am

I've watched all of DB, DBZ, Kai, and GT. I read the manga as well. I've played DBZ Legends, Legacy of Goku series, Sagas, and Budokai 1. The only thing of Super I've seen is Broly. Everything else I haven't seen, read, or played.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:49 am

Seen pretty much everything in English and Japanese and the manga up to about the Future Trunks arc, although I'm not a gamer so other than the old Budokai Tenkaichi games, and random titles like Buu's Fury and Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure I haven't played anything else.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:59 am

• The original Ozotto OVA.
• Most of the pre-2015 games (then again, they are not worth to begin with, so I'll never play them anyway).
• Garlick Junior saga.
• A lot of Dragon Ball Super episodes (and certainly never will watch them).

Dishonorable (?) mention:

• Dragon Ball Super manga (I just skim it right after it becomes available online. I don't actually read it).
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:11 am

A lot of the DBS manga, some of the DBS anime, most of SDBH anime, and most of the pre PS1 games

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 am

I haven't seen the third Broli movie yet. That's the big, major one. I'll get around to it, eventually!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

omegacwa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omegacwa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:31 pm

I've seen pretty much everything except for Kai. I started watching it and kind of gave up mid Namek arc.

I've read all the manga.

I'm not caught up on the heroes anime.

I used to play every game that came out but gave up on that in the xbox 360 era. I played xenoverse 1 a couple times. I was really into Fighterz for a while but basically stopped playing when the DLC slowed down to a snails pace for releases.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:39 pm

Not a single Dragon Ball game after DS Attack of Saiyans.. Only played demo of Burst Limit and Raging Blast 2.
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:07 pm

Basically the majority of Super as i'm crossing my fingers that season sets will eventually be announced, but aside from that most of the rest of Kai 1.0 and TFC.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:34 am

Stopped watching Super before the ToP during the recruitment episodes (watched random ToP scenes on youtube). Also skipped Heroes anime after the first two episodes.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:43 am

JulieYBM wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 am I haven't seen the third Broli movie yet. That's the big, major one. I'll get around to it, eventually!
The 3rd?! U mean Bio-Broly?

Wow...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:07 am

Vijay wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:43 am
JulieYBM wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 am I haven't seen the third Broli movie yet. That's the big, major one. I'll get around to it, eventually!
The 3rd?! U mean Bio-Broly?

Wow...
I'm a busy littls girl, it takes a long time to learn lesbian witchcraft!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter