What I think is missing in the Heroes anime

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

What I think is missing in the Heroes anime

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:32 am

This is something that I talked in the main Heroes anime thread, but nobody on that thread cared about this topic, so I figured, I might as well make an entire thread about this topic. Now let's cut to the chase and discuss what I think is missing in this anime. And that is... an ending song. Sure you have the opening song, but there's no ending song in this anime at all. The fact that there's no song during the credits with maybe some unique animation just makes me feel really empty inside every time I watch it. I don't get the usual feeling I get with anime end credits to wanna, you know, jam out and/or sing along to the song that's playing. And seeing some cool visuals made specifically for the end credits while the song is playing. It's one of the many things I love about anime. And here, it's just... the credits with a black background listing off cast and crew. Basically what you'd usually get with end credits of American TV shows. Heck, even less than those, cause at least with American TV shows, most of them anyways, you'd have some music playing in background, whether it'd be the instrumental version of the opening song, or some separate music entirely. This show doesn't even have that. It's something that makes this anime feel very hollow. And that is what I think is missing in Super Dragon Ball Heroes. But what do you guys think? Do you agree with me? Do you feel very empty by the fact that there's no ending song in this anime?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What I think is missing in the Heroes anime

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:48 am

Considering the Heroes episodes are like, what, 10 minutes a piece? There's no need for an ending theme. At best they should just reuse the opening song.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:39 pm

Its an online-only series, and the opening is reused from arcade version of Heroes. I'd say they're not interested in creating a special song for this anime.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm not sure if it was your intention, but I giggled. I don't think your idea is laughable or anything like that, it just caught me completely off guard.

I don't think an ending song would solve Heroes' problems, though. The boards are awfully uninspiring and the plot doesn't offer much either. Animation wise it's mostly on model and we do get good stuff from Shida and Tsuji occasionally, but the boards and direction just drag it down so bad. It is a glorified commercial and it knows what it is, so I'm mostly pleased with what we get.

Cool songs are always nice, though. A cool ending song wouldn't hurt.
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:01 pm

It's a commercial.

I think we should be thankful for the few tiny snippets of decent animation that are buried in there with all of the trash.