Is admitting to have watched and liked Super like admitting to have done something 'naughty'?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Is admitting to have watched and liked Super like admitting to have done something 'naughty'?

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:55 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:54 am
Mister_Popo wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:28 am
goku the krump dancer wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:02 am

Honestly, i think its quite the opposite, from what i've seen, its a helluva lot more "Hip" to praise Super as the greatest thing ever.

When Super was airing, i was on different 'platforms', not Kanzenshuu, and i guerantee you, at some it had become a true creative challenge to take down and humiliate Super in the most original ways possible. People were praised to take it down. Everywhere on social media was being shitted on Super. Just because a number of 'influencials' kept saying it was outright "crap". That really was my honest impression when the show as airing. I didn't experience this "hip"' to praise Super whatsoever. Everyone is entitled to his opinion, but an environment of hate is not really practical if you want to communicate with people about something you are actually starting to enjoy. And i wasn't even hyping it up. I only wanted to stay relatively positive because it kept getting better IMO, although i still noticed it had its flaws.
Well yeah in the beginning I definitely agree, Super was in the dog house for sure. But once things picked up after the movie retellings it’s been out on this pedestal as the greatest thing ever. Some go as far as to say it’s better than the original series. Just going by social media and YouTube.

It’s not a crime to like Super, hell to this day I still like GT and was an avid defender back when most people bashed it to shit. That being said nothing is above being critiqued, though I will say the “Mob mentality” exists in many forms.
You make some good points.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.