Questions about Funi's blu-ray releases of the DBZ movies

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mrtbonex

Questions about Funi's blu-ray releases of the DBZ movies

Post by mrtbonex » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:58 am

Do they include all the licensed music that were on the DVD's (Disturbed, Pantera, etc)?
Is the dub altered compared to the DVD singles?

I tried looking online and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Freeza Soldier #156
Regular

Re: Questions about Funi's blu-ray releases of the DBZ movies

Post by Freeza Soldier #156 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:43 am

mrtbonex wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:58 am Do they include all the licensed music that were on the DVD's (Disturbed, Pantera, etc)?
Is the dub altered compared to the DVD singles?

I tried looking online and couldn't find anything. Thanks.
Yes, they do contain the music on the English score option. It’s been a long time since I’ve watched the dubs, but the only alteration I can remember is in Movie 5 (Cooler’s Revenge). They changed Karin’s line after Gohan leaves his tower with the Senzu. In the original he and Yajirobe were talking about “bean daddies” and making chili, but in the remaster they replaced that line with something about Gohan being a good kid. This stands out because:
1. The line has nothing to do with the conversation that they were having and feels really out of place and
2. It clearly wasn’t Chris Sabat who recorded the line so the voice switch is extremely jarring because the voice is terrible.

That’s the only change that I remember that really stood out. I’m not sure if there are anymore.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Questions about Funi's blu-ray releases of the DBZ movies

Post by Naruto6583 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:28 am

Wasn't some of the insert songs for movie 5 also out of sync for the blu-rays?
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/