Toriyama's Near Complete Works archive?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Toriyama's Near Complete Works archive?

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:10 pm

Does anyone know if there's an archive of Toriyama's Near Complete Works that are published daily on the official site?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Toriyama's Near Complete Works archive?

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:30 pm

They are not collected on the official site, no; they're literally up for 24 hours, and that's it.

We were actively archiving them on Kanzenshuu for a while (be they explicitly Dragon Ball or otherwise), but the amount of extra content (and occasionally corrections) we wanted/had to include alongside them ended up taking over our ability to keep up with them in a timely manner.

For the most part, archive.org has the individual daily pages minus a couple here and there. I believe there are one or two international/non-English fan pages/accounts out there that keep up with them, but they don't add context to the extent we were doing.

I still casually keep up with it and note a citation for them in ongoing wiki articles if appropriate. There really haven't been any additions that shine any crazy new light on things; perhaps the closest was a scan of the Piririn page from the 1995 fan fusion contest that was incrementally better than any of the crusty old scans out there, but then we went ahead and scanned our own issue for an even better look at it soooooo :shifty: .
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Toriyama's Near Complete Works archive?

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:46 pm

Yeah, at the time I used to follow then on Kanzenshuu (specially for the translation). But once I noticed there were no new updates for a while, I checked and realized that archive.org was already missing some.

Do you happen to have a link of those international pages? Even without the info blurb, it would be nice to see what I've missed.