Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Bootlegs

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

The One and Only Nam

Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Bootlegs

Post by The One and Only Nam » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:01 am

Hi everyone. I was wondering if any bootlegs of the Dragon Ball Z Dragon Boxes exist. I'm asking this since because one of the box cover of my Dragon Boxes (Dragon Box 5), is in a lighter yellow shade than the rest of the set. Is this typical or not?

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z Dragon Box Bootlegs

Post by Tylerman29 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:02 pm

The One and Only Nam wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:01 am Hi everyone. I was wondering if any bootlegs of the Dragon Ball Z Dragon Boxes exist. I'm asking this since because one of the box cover of my Dragon Boxes (Dragon Box 5), is in a lighter yellow shade than the rest of the set. Is this typical or not?
I'm curious about this too. One possibility is that the colors could be off depending on how they were stored by whoever you bought them from. Maybe the color faded due to sunlight
DB, Z, and GT subbed are my "canon".
SSJ4 > Any transformation in Super.

BartG

Post by BartG » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:17 am

Tylerman29 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:02 pm
The One and Only Nam wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:01 am Hi everyone. I was wondering if any bootlegs of the Dragon Ball Z Dragon Boxes exist. I'm asking this since because one of the box cover of my Dragon Boxes (Dragon Box 5), is in a lighter yellow shade than the rest of the set. Is this typical or not?
I'm curious about this too. One possibility is that the colors could be off depending on how they were stored by whoever you bought them from. Maybe the color faded due to sunlight
The color fading is entirely possible but it might be a bootleg as well. Check if all the art, logos, credits etc. is the same as the official box. There have been bootlegs of the single DVDs and bootlegs using DBox footage in the past but I don't recall seeing any fakes of the actuals sets. They might exist though.

Tylerman29
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tylerman29 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:03 pm

Is there a way you could post pics of it? I have a few coming this weekend and I wanna have something to compare it to.
DB, Z, and GT subbed are my "canon".
SSJ4 > Any transformation in Super.

The One and Only Nam

Post by The One and Only Nam » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:40 am

I want to add, I got the Dragon Box directly from Amazon LLC, so I dont know if that makes a difference...

bernhard90
Not-So-Newbie

Post by bernhard90 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:40 am