[Top 10] favourites Saiyans.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

[Top 10] favourites Saiyans.

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:57 pm

Well if you were to made a general top 5 of your favourites Saiyans of all time ? What would it be ? But more importantly why would you choose them. You don't have to make a huge post just tell us few things that you love about them and what's they feel special to you. You can choose any Saiyans accross all official media.

A little note before getting started when I say Saiyans I said Full Blooded Saiyans. So no Gohan, no Trunks, no Goku Jr or Pan.

So I start with my Top 10, from 10 to 1.

Number 10:
Seripa (or Fasha for Dub fan) she is the strong female warrior from the Bardock squad in TV Special (now no canon) but also appear as a cameo in the DBS Broly movie. I choose as my first entry because she seems cool and collected with a fierce look, she always strike me as a warrior that could blast you away with class and spark her asymetrical aesthetic also help to make her unique. For me a Good first entry.

Number 9:
Giblet well here that will be a bit difficult to speak about him with spoiling the game Dragon Ball Legends, just that a lot of what he say to Shallot during this game is so insteresting and appealing, I want to know what he means by the "blood of the defeated" and by the "blood of the tainted". His attitude and hood also helps to make him interesting for me to be curious about his back story PLEASE NAMCO BANDAI I need more of DBL story ♥

Number 8:
Caulifla from Universe 6 well I will be brief what I love about her it's mostly that she is a nice combo of Goku for the thirst of battle and Vegeta with the "PUNK ATTITUDE" from the Android Saga lol. Beside all of her interaction is for me delightful and full of laughter.

Number 7:
Kanba (Or Cunber or Cumber) clearly his power his strenght and honnestly he is more appealing for me than the OG Broly from the Z Movies Era. His first appearance totally Silence of the Lamb style was badass (also his Seiyu help) what's made me love him more was his power as I mentioned, I mean his aura can corrupt someone else and make a guy like Goku a pure hearted fellow a beast full of rage ! HOW IT IS NOT AWESOME ! Clearly a good addition to the Dragon Ball Lore just too bad he is under developped.

Number 6:
Bardock ok the father of Goku it was obvious I would ad me but why so low you could ask me ? Well I love this man but aside from the TV Special and DBS Broly Movie we don't have clear story about him (no the other one with Chilled is not so appealing) I would love to have a spin off serie about him why not see him as a Kid/Teenager and how he got his scar.

Number 5:
Shallot now we are heading towards amazing stuff, at first when I learned about Dragon Ball Legends I was curious about this boy that was not so interesting design wise, but as the story goes damn son... Shallot is an amazing dude that's make me laugh. Aside from the laugh of course Shallot is a quite the energetic guy who are serious when he fight and his signature move WILD CANNON I love it.

Number 4:
Raditz .... wait wait I hear you WHAT Raditz above Bardock how dare you ! I know it's a crazy choice but I have to thanks MasakoX for that, I mean I love his whatifs with him, it's give me this little jolt of joyce of how he could have been if he hasn't been wasted with a Makankôsappô.

Number 3:
Goku the famous the hero ! Goku yup he is third, he was much higher in the past but I have to admit Super didn't helped to makes Goku appealing these days. What he needs is being like in the Cell and Buu Saga. During the Super Era tho Goku got some moment like in the Zamasu story arc.

Number 2:
Vegeta .... ! I have to say him here it's amazing and that's come to someone who hates him during the Cell Saga a hate level like we can hate Joffrey Baratheon buuuuuuuuuuuut the Buu Saga and ultimately Super made him the Badass he is. Dragon Ball Super redeemed him in my eyes it's as if in Dragon Ball Super the hero it's him.

Number 1:
Broly from the DBS movie one. Ok here I'll be biased because this Broly have for him one symbolism that made me instant fall for him as a character his Tarzan like Attitude come on he even got his Jane with Cheelai how you can love that. Tarzan also nicknamed "king" of the apes ... apes, saiyan YO DUH ! You see the other reference here. Damn ! Also the green fur pelt and his scar helps I love character with scar that's make them instant Badass.

Here is my list tho I have honnorable mention with Gine, Toma, the two Paragus and King Vegeta from DBS Broly Movie. Go ahead now and tell me yours 8)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Re: [Top 10] favourites Saiyans.

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:17 am

I don't really have a list but my absolute favorite Saiyan of all time is that Saiyan woman with a knife from the Saiyan Arc filler episodes.

My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:43 am

1. Goku
2. Tv special Bardock
3. Gohan
4. Trunks
5. Goten
6. Vegeta
8. Brocoli (super version)
9. Bardock the average fighter but brilliant scientist
10. Teluce

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:24 am

It's funny, I read this and I'm like "are there even ten Saiyans?" But actually, there's a shit-tonne of them now. My top three are obvious, but I had Nappa and Caulifla at 4 and 5. Those are my darkhorse faves.

1. Goku
2. Gohan
3. Vegeta
4. Nappa
5. Caulifla
6. Future Trunks
7. Broly (the new one)
8. Bardock
9. Kale
10. Paragus (see above)

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:29 pm

There isn't enough likeable full blood saiyans to make a top 10 to me so forgive me for including half saiyans and others

1. Pan
2. Gohan (Buu saga and later)
3. Goku (DB&GT only)
4. Baby Vegeta (if he counts)
5. Goten
6. Broly (DBZ)
7. Fasha
8. Vegeta (Buu saga and GT only)
9. Bra
10. Goku Jr.

If Baby doesn't count than i'd add Raditz at the end.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Mine are just Bardock, Gine and King Vegeta (and probably an honorable mention to Tarble). If I want to make that list a bit longer, I'd have to force characters that obviously aren't Saiyans, but possess their DNA, I'm referring to Mira and Fu.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:21 pm

King Vegeta is my favourite. I like how proud and ruthless he is, pretty cool and underrated character in my opinion. My favourite aspect of King Vegeta is that he does not just rely on brute strength; he is a patient ruler renowned for his cunning and military genius. Then again I am a sucker for these royal/political characters, Dragon Ball does not have a whole lot of them so there's that.

If we can also count mixed Saiyans, then Fused Zamasu takes first place and Black second (technically the latter should count since he has the body of a full-blooded Saiyan, though his soul is that of a Kai). Just Amazing characters. I adore their unique aspect of using a Saiyan strength to achieve their sinister goals, and in particular I love how Black displays a lot of respect towards the proud Saiyan culture, which sets him apart from Future Zamasu.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:51 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:21 pm King Vegeta is my favourite. I like how proud and ruthless he is, pretty cool and underrated character in my opinion. My favourite aspect of King Vegeta is that he does not just rely on brute strength; he is a patient ruler renowned for his cunning and military genius. Then again I am a sucker for these royal/political characters, Dragon Ball does not have a whole lot of them so there's that.
Pragmatic villains good at making schemes are practically nonexistent in dragon ball sadly. Vegeta briefly fills that roll on Namek and Yamcha sorta has shades of this in the first Dragon Ball hunt (a much more comedic take obviously) but a villain whose villainy doesn't devolve into hoarding their battle power over their enemies are rarer than Goku having a thought.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:22 am

No half saiyans allowed here please guy just Full Blooded Saiyans top 10.

You can choose from the entire Franchise :thumbup:
Kataphrut wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:24 am It's funny, I read this and I'm like "are there even ten Saiyans?" But actually, there's a shit-tonne of them now. My top three are obvious, but I had Nappa and Caulifla at 4 and 5. Those are my darkhorse faves.

1. Goku
2. Gohan
3. Vegeta
4. Nappa
5. Caulifla
6. Future Trunks
7. Broly (the new one)
8. Bardock
9. Kale
10. Paragus (see above)
Who would you choose from to replace Future Trunks and Gohan from the Full Blooded Saiyan list ? Since your list is the closest to what I was asking. :eh:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:23 am

1. Trunks (every version of character from DBZ, DBS and DBGT)
2. Son Goku (from DB, DBZ and DBGT, in DBS he's... meh)
3. Goku Black (if he counts)
4. Broly (DBS)
5. Baby Vegeta (if he counts)
6. Bardock (same as Trunks)
7. Tullece
8. Gine
9. Son Goten (same as Trunks)
10. Pan

Without Half-Saiyans:

1. Son Goku (from DB, DBZ and DBGT, in DBS he's... meh)
2. Goku Black (if he counts)
3. Broly (DBS)
4. Baby Vegeta (if he counts)
5. Bardock (every version of character)
6. Tullece
7. Gine
8. Raditz
9. King Vegeta
10. Tarble
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:26 am

1. GT Vegeta: Loved the growth and portrayal of this seasoned warrior
2. Goku: The main hero, symbol of dedication and hard work, Goku is a great character and one that has a beautiful simplistic nature
3. Bardock(Tv special): Cold and stoic a true saiyan warrior who wasn't reduced to stereotypical anime father archetypes
4.Broly (DBS): Really great rework of character turning Broly into this really sympathetic space Tarzan that is just really enjoyable
5.Turles: Turles always was cool to me, I think a sort of bastard of the Saiyan race seeking power to prove is worth is really interesting. If cannon and handled a bit better he'd be top 3
6. Tarble: Vegeta's younger brother a kind saiyan who is incredibly nice. Tarble was just a sweet and enjoyable character
7. Paragus: Paragus has this really interesting story in DBS Broly and was just a great side antagonist along with a great fallen hero type
8.Nappa: Vegeta's old bodyguard Nappa was awsome and gave entertainment along with a great moment for Piccolo
9. Gine (DBS): A kind hearted mother who cares for her family and gets by. She just didn't do too much but was thoroughly enjoyable
10. Cabba: Cabba is fine, nothing special, kind of bland but has good moments and is far better than the other U6 Saiyans

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:35 am

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:22 am No half saiyans allowed here please guy just Full Blooded Saiyans top 10.

You can choose from the entire Franchise :thumbup:
Kataphrut wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:24 am It's funny, I read this and I'm like "are there even ten Saiyans?" But actually, there's a shit-tonne of them now. My top three are obvious, but I had Nappa and Caulifla at 4 and 5. Those are my darkhorse faves.

1. Goku
2. Gohan
3. Vegeta
4. Nappa
5. Caulifla
6. Future Trunks
7. Broly (the new one)
8. Bardock
9. Kale
10. Paragus (see above)
Who would you choose from to replace Future Trunks and Gohan from the Full Blooded Saiyan list ? Since your list is the closest to what I was asking. :eh:
Raditz and King Vegeta I guess. Can't think of any other notable ones.

I don't count Baby or Black as Saiyans because they're just a tunneling brainworm and a ponce respectively wearing Saiyan skinsuits.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:33 pm

Kataphrut wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:35 amRaditz and King Vegeta I guess. Can't think of any other notable ones.

I don't count Baby or Black as Saiyans because they're just a tunneling brainworm and a ponce respectively wearing Saiyan skinsuits.
Good addition :thumbup:

It's crazy to see there is now more Full Blooded Saiyan available for us to wonder what was their life.

Sadala Elite
Banned

Post by Sadala Elite » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:53 pm

1. Future Trunks
2. Vegeta
3. Goku
4. Vegito/Gogeta
5. Bardock
6. Gohan
7. Caulifla