"Stealth" Kaioken

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

"Stealth" Kaioken

Post by Mad Swami » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:07 am

On Namek Goku uses kaioken x20 on Frieza. However manages to disguise the crimson aura as he seemed as though he was still in his base. So do yu guys think he has used this anywhere else? In my lowest ball version of Z power levels I placed Goku at 19,300,000 and Yakon is confirmed to be 40,000,000 yet base Goku seemingly beats him. I don't think this is the case as I have corrected my power levels but in the fight could Goku have used a stealth kaioken like on namek. Is there anywhere else he could have?

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Stealth" Kaioken

Post by Metalwario64 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:30 am

That was just an anime thing to hide the reveal that he had been using Kaioken. In the manga, which had no color, he had been using it all the time, but the audience didn't know until Kaio revealed that he was using it.
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:29 am

^how does the feel colored manga handle that again ? do they just color it red correctly or do they not color it red till kaio says like the anime ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:52 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:29 am ^how does the feel colored manga handle that again ? do they just color it red correctly or do they not color it red till kaio says like the anime ?
I have the Full Colours, do we know what Chapters use it?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:16 am

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/chp-312/ it's in this chapter, i don't know where it would correlate with the full color chapters however.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:23 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:16 am https://www.kanzenshuu.com/manga/chp-312/ it's in this chapter, i don't know where it would correlate with the full color chapters however.
According to that very page, it'd be in Book 4! Okay, it is coloured red, but that's also the very Chapter where Tien and Kaio talk about the Kaio-Ken, so for me that doesn't quite count.