Ebara Masashi (Might Guy) is the new Mister Satan

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Ebara Masashi (Might Guy) is the new Mister Satan

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:22 am

I noticed that Mister Satan was in Dragon Ball Z: Kakarotto while I was watching some gameplay. After consulting the ending credits I noticed that the new was Might Guy himself, Ebara Masashi. I suppose it's a good pick considering how he's used to playing comedic scenes. It's pretty wild to think we're already on a third Mister Satan, though. :(

A few other recasts I noticed:

Suno: Tanaka Mayumi
Mister Satan: Ebara Masashi
Karin: Uoken
Yamu: Takato Yasuhiro
Artificial Human #20: Sawaki Ikuya
Bora: Egawa Hisao
Tsuru-sen'nin: Iwasaki Hiroshi

The Karin and Yamu recasts are weird. Normally, Yamu is voiced by Tatsuta Naoki, who is already voicing Kaiou, the Narrator and Oolong for the game. Also, Tatsuta played Karin in the Majin Buu arc of Dragon Ball Z so I'm confused as to why he didn't voice him here since Nagai Ichirou has passed.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: Ebara Masashi (Might Guy) is the new Mister Satan

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:09 am

2003 Hohenheim replacing Brotherhood Hohenheim as Mr. Satan. Great choice.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:34 am

At this point we are not really sure this casting is definitive and he's going to voice Mr. Satan in future anime, though. Tenshinhan was once voiced by Madono Mitsuaki in Burst Limit, but Midorikawa took over his role in Kai.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:27 am

I think it is safe to assume that Ebara will voice Satan in everything DB from now on; most likely he could also be Heihachi Mishima in future Tekken games as well - his voice is definitely similar to late Ishizuka.

Also Yamu was already voiced by Takato in Kai Buu saga, and I thought he fitted him really well.

Suno too, she was voiced by Tanaka since Dragon Ball Z actually, as well as Bora by Egawa.

I still haven't played the game, but it is cool to see there is Tsuru-Sennin in it too.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:14 am

kei17 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:34 am At this point we are not really sure this casting is definitive and he's going to voice Mr. Satan in future anime, though. Tenshinhan was once voiced by Madono Mitsuaki in Burst Limit, but Midorikawa took over his role in Kai.
That slipped my mind. I wonder who else they would go with, though? Hmm...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf