How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:31 pm

What is a transmedicalist?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:40 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:31 pm What is a transmedicalist?
Sometimes often referred to as 'truscum', a trans-medicalist believes that you can only be trans if are diagnosed with or experience gender dysphoria in addition to believing someone only counters as being trans (typically what they will refer to as 'transsexual') after receiving gender-affirming surgeries. They are essentially the 'gate' keepers of the transgender community and after often adopted by conservatives as being 'one of the good ones' for conservatives' own whacky ideologies.

The reality of the situation is that one does not need the overwhelming suffering of gender dysphoria to be transgender. I, myself, specifically do have gender dysphoria but that suffering is not why I am a woman: I am a woman merely because I am a woman.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:53 pm

Thanks Julie! You are a sweetie pie!
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:11 pm

The Time Traveller wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:02 pm Oh, I wasn't thinking, it's kind of an awkward translation since fanny means vagina in the UK. 🤷‍♀️

When I was doing my own translation of the manga I wrote it as "Why would I wanna touch your poopy ass?"
I'm from New Zealand, so that's what I read it as too. It's VERY dirty but IMO it's absolutely perfect for where the story is at, even if it totally contradicts Goku's revelation in the next episode.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:17 pm

I think Bulma unwittingly flashing her lips at Muten Roshi is more worthy of discussion.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:17 pm I think Bulma unwittingly flashing her lips at Muten Roshi is more worthy of discussion.
The lack of intention on anyone's part is kind of a turn off. Like, it outright lacks eroticism.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:25 pm

This was close to 20 years ago so I was probably around ten. I actually had fairly early exposure on the internet to the Japanese, "uncensored" side of things... primarily through Greg Werner's DBZ Info Page (wtf it still exists). I liked girls but I was probably too young to "appreciate" panties other than it being underwear.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Honestly, Blooma's ass isn't even well drawn. Like, her panties just aren't all that enticing. #AsALesbian, I gotta say, frills and laces are wear it's at.
She/Her
bisexual milf

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:58 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 pm
DBZAOTA482 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:17 pm I think Bulma unwittingly flashing her lips at Muten Roshi is more worthy of discussion.
The lack of intention on anyone's part is kind of a turn off. Like, it outright lacks eroticism.
How unerotic the nudity is is something I appreciated in early DB. It's why a lot of the sex gags worked for me. Nothing depicted was hot and yet Roshi is out here losing six pints of blood over it. Roshi ends up looking like a 12 year old who's only just discovered masturbation
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:04 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:58 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:48 pm
How unerotic the nudity is is something I appreciated in early DB. It's why a lot of the sex gags worked for me. Nothing depicted was hot and yet Roshi is out here losing six pints of blood over it. Roshi ends up looking like a 12 year old who's only just discovered masturbation
That's really why I dislike it, to be honest. Like, g*sh, it just makes Toriyama seem unrelatable. It's hilarious since this was still coming out in the middle of the lolicon boom. Toriyama really was removed from the comics and animation scene at the time.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:36 pm

i thought it was funny because of Goku’s dismissive attitude. But personally I enjoyed seeing Yajirobe’s undies more! 8)

Zamasu Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zamasu Black » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:40 pm I am a woman merely because I am a woman.
That's not how that works.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Zamasu Black wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:40 pm I am a woman merely because I am a woman.
It actually is.
She/Her
bisexual milf

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Zamasu Black wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm
Interesting fight to pick.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Zamasu Black
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Zamasu Black » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:14 pm

It isn't, a person doesn't choose what gender they are like choosing which pair of shoes to put on. You can think you're one thing but that doesn't make you that thing.

There's people out there who've claimed themselves as dogs, dragons, vegetables and even different ages from what they actually are.

But they aren't because reality doesn't work that way.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Transgender people are recognized as their gender by every major medical association. We've been know to exist for thousands of years. Your understanding of gender is super-lacking.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Salem the Engineer
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Salem the Engineer » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm

#ZamasuBlackDidNothingWrong is still banned, as are you.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm

Salem the Engineer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm #ZamasuBlackDidNothingWrong
Other than be a transphobic, homophobic bigot and dog-whistle about trans people being insane.
She/Her
bisexual milf

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm

Salem the Engineer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm #ZamasuBlackDidNothingWrong
Please no. I don't want flashbacks to the Berserk community. I fled that place for a reason

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm

Saluting Ajay for banning the aforementioned user. Your customary ally medal is in the mail.

Also, Blooma's panties need to make a comeback so we can see them drawn by better animators.
She/Her
bisexual milf