How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Peach » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Turned on? I went to Catholic school and had no contact with females. Seeing Bulma promiscuously was a sexual awakening of sorts and when i started touching myself for the first time.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:11 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm Also, Blooma's panties need to make a comeback so we can see them drawn by better animators.
I too wish to see the homicidal rage Vegeta will be hurled into when someone else sees his wife's undergarments. In fact, in want someone in the series to explain *pat*pat* to him just to see how many veins in his forehead pop
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:21 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:11 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm Also, Blooma's panties need to make a comeback so we can see them drawn by better animators.
I too wish to see the homicidal rage Vegeta will be hurled into when someone else sees his wife's undergarments. In fact, in want someone in the series to explain *pat*pat* to him just to see how many veins in his forehead pop
I want to see Blooma getting out of bed, shown casually, to feed Bra during the middle of night while Vegeta tosses and turns in bed. Something simple and casual.

Afterwards she can wake Vegeta up by sitting on his face.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm
Salem the Engineer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm #ZamasuBlackDidNothingWrong
Please no. I don't want flashbacks to the Berserk community. I fled that place for a reason
Do I want to know what this is about?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm
Salem the Engineer wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm #ZamasuBlackDidNothingWrong
Please no. I don't want flashbacks to the Berserk community. I fled that place for a reason
In Berserk the main villain is the leader of a mercenary band that the protagonist belonged to. At the conclusion of a prequel arc he brutally sacrifices all of his loyal soldiers to otherworldly demons and then rapes the arc's deuteragonist, a soldier who was both in love with him and had served under him for years. "Griffith did nothing wrong" refers to the idea among certain segments of the fandom that because all those soldiers had been willing to die for Griffith in battle and because Casca (his rape victim) loved him his actions ultimately weren't immoral. Had his band of mercenaries continued to serve him they would have suffered equally gruesome deaths at the hands of human soldiers and Casca had already agreed to give Griffith whatever he wanted.

More broadly tho X Did Nothing Wrong is a meme poking fun at such convoluted bits of logic meant to excuse such evil characters. Of course, sometimes it is used earnestly.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pmIn Berserk the main villain is the leader of a mercenary band that the protagonist belonged to. At the conclusion of a prequel arc he brutally sacrifices all of his loyal soldiers to otherworldly demons and then rapes the arc's deuteragonist, a soldier who was both in love with him and had served under him for years. "Griffith did nothing wrong" refers to the idea among certain segments of the fandom that because all those soldiers had been willing to die for Griffith in battle and because Casca (his rape victim) loved him his actions ultimately weren't immoral. Had his band of mercenaries continued to serve him they would have suffered equally gruesome deaths at the hands of human soldiers and Casca had already agreed to give Griffith whatever he wanted.

More broadly tho X Did Nothing Wrong is a meme poking fun at such convoluted bits of logic meant to excuse such evil characters. Of course, sometimes it is used earnestly.
You can tell anyone who seriously defends Griffith is creepy. Wow.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 am

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm

In Berserk the main villain is the leader of a mercenary band that the protagonist belonged to. At the conclusion of a prequel arc he brutally sacrifices all of his loyal soldiers to otherworldly demons and then rapes the arc's deuteragonist, a soldier who was both in love with him and had served under him for years. "Griffith did nothing wrong" refers to the idea among certain segments of the fandom that because all those soldiers had been willing to die for Griffith in battle and because Casca (his rape victim) loved him his actions ultimately weren't immoral. Had his band of mercenaries continued to serve him they would have suffered equally gruesome deaths at the hands of human soldiers and Casca had already agreed to give Griffith whatever he wanted.

I know all about Berserk, it's one of my favorite mangas. I was just not sure what you were talking about with the community.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:00 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 am I know all about Berserk, it's one of my favorite mangas. I was just not sure what you were talking about with the community.
Ah ok. Sorry for the needlessly long explanation.
JulieYBM wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 pm You can tell anyone who seriously defends Griffith is creepy. Wow.
Never met any in meat space so I can't really say. I mostly avoid Berserk focused fan communities. Weird priorities aside, they end up being way too edgy for me. The ones I used to hover around seemed to think the more gruesome and violent an art work the better the art work was.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:59 am

Goku and Gohan pissing left much more of an impression on me than Bulma's panties or bare ass. There are a lot of bare asses in cartoons, so I just found that kinda normal. But showing someone do his needs? Like, the stream coming out of the penis? Never saw that before. Made Goku super relatable... like... hey, I piss too! Maybe I can defeat the evil demon king or turn into a monkey someday. Of course, with how burly and hairy I got, the last part kinda came true.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:37 am

President Valentine, Griffith, Zamasu, Vriska, Senator Armstrong, Gendo, Light, Palpatine, and Orochimaru all did nothing wrong.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:52 am

JulieYBM wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 pmYou can tell anyone who seriously defends Griffith is creepy. Wow.
A guy's gotta get his kingdom somehow. What's an eclipse between friends? GDNW

Valerius Dover
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Whoa, been a while since I've seen a banning around here. That really takes me back. :lol:
Who knew a question about underwear could stir so much trouble? You'd think Bulma's panties are the answer to world peace or something.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Given that it was the "dirty butt" scene - "Wow, Bulma's kind of a skank, huh?"
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm

I have no response to this topic, but it does make me realize that I completely forgot how Cartoon Network handled the sexual stuff in the early parts of DB. Does anyone remember how they went about doing it?

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:02 pm

jjgp1112 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 pm Given that it was the "dirty butt" scene - "Wow, Bulma's kind of a skank, huh?"
I love how big of a hoe Bulma was in DB. Just completely unapologetically selfish and willing to show off skin to get what she wants.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:03 pm

WittyUsername wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm I have no response to this topic, but it does make me realize that I completely forgot how Cartoon Network handled the sexual stuff in the early parts of DB. Does anyone remember how they went about doing it?
They removed most of it entirely. Pretty sure after Goku blows Bulma a raspberry she goes straight to offering that they travel together.

I do remember in the third episode they changed Roshi asking to see Bulma’s underwear to asking to see her belly button.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I Live Here

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:36 pm

MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:03 pm
WittyUsername wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm I have no response to this topic, but it does make me realize that I completely forgot how Cartoon Network handled the sexual stuff in the early parts of DB. Does anyone remember how they went about doing it?
They removed most of it entirely. Pretty sure after Goku blows Bulma a raspberry she goes straight to offering that they travel together.

I do remember in the third episode they changed Roshi asking to see Bulma’s underwear to asking to see her belly button.
FUNi entirely re wrote most all of Roshi's pafu pafu scenes if i recall correctly, including in the Mt. Frypan episode when Oolong (poorly) shape shifts into Bulma. It's been a while since i've last watched the dub so the exact dialogue escapes me but it was indeed majorly toned down from the Japanese version.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Belly button? Oh lord, that's more perverted than panties...
She/Her
bisexual milf

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:32 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:36 pm
MasenkoHA wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:03 pm

FUNi entirely re wrote most all of Roshi's pafu pafu scenes if i recall correctly, including in the Mt. Frypan episode when Oolong (poorly) shape shifts into Bulma. It's been a while since i've last watched the dub so the exact dialogue escapes me but it was indeed majorly toned down from the Japanese version.
The DVDs kept the "let me see your underwear" for Roshi intact. For the Fire Mountain stuff, the dub changes it to a date I think, but Oolong/Bulma still clearly pulls her top down and Roshi's reaction afterwards is clearly more than just getting a date.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:48 pm

So, Japanese Roshi explicitly wants to see Bulma's panties. Uncut Funi Roshi wants to see her underwear. BLT Roshi wants to be matchmade with an elderly woman (probably with the implication that the relationship will be mostly "innocent", if "impure", BW Roshi doesn't make any requests in this scene, and apparently edited Funi Roshi has "a thing for belly buttons".

Good job, Funi. I know you wanted to change the dialogue so that Bulma could lift her skirt... but wasn't that scene still cut on the CN broadcast? xD

In the process, you've made Roshi even more perverted than canon. Edited Funi and BW may have toned down Roshi's libido, but it's still there, and Funi making every scene where he's with a pretty woman wearing a swimsuit equivalent to nudity?

...of course, BLT had the exact opposite problem of breaking Roshi's character in a way that jars immediately, since one of the first scenes of ep 14 is Roshi watching an exercise program and one of the last scenes is Roshi saying he wants a girl that's, among other things, "not too old"... and since ep 13 is the last episode BLT did in its run, you can see how that would be problematic...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.