How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Peach
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 417
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Peach » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:57 pm

Turned on? I went to Catholic school and had no contact with females. Seeing Bulma promiscuously was a sexual awakening of sorts and when i started touching myself for the first time.

User avatar
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:11 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm
Also, Blooma's panties need to make a comeback so we can see them drawn by better animators.
I too wish to see the homicidal rage Vegeta will be hurled into when someone else sees his wife's undergarments. In fact, in want someone in the series to explain *pat*pat* to him just to see how many veins in his forehead pop
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

Cigarettes and Whisky and Wild, Wild Women are the only reasons to get out of bed.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13701
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:21 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:11 pm
JulieYBM wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:37 pm
Also, Blooma's panties need to make a comeback so we can see them drawn by better animators.
I too wish to see the homicidal rage Vegeta will be hurled into when someone else sees his wife's undergarments. In fact, in want someone in the series to explain *pat*pat* to him just to see how many veins in his forehead pop
I want to see Blooma getting out of bed, shown casually, to feed Bra during the middle of night while Vegeta tosses and turns in bed. Something simple and casual.

Afterwards she can wake Vegeta up by sitting on his face.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm
Salem the Engineer wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm
#ZamasuBlackDidNothingWrong
Please no. I don't want flashbacks to the Berserk community. I fled that place for a reason
Do I want to know what this is about?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm
Salem the Engineer wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pm
#ZamasuBlackDidNothingWrong
Please no. I don't want flashbacks to the Berserk community. I fled that place for a reason
Do I want to know what this is about?
In Berserk the main villain is the leader of a mercenary band that the protagonist belonged to. At the conclusion of a prequel arc he brutally sacrifices all of his loyal soldiers to otherworldly demons and then rapes the arc's deuteragonist, a soldier who was both in love with him and had served under him for years. "Griffith did nothing wrong" refers to the idea among certain segments of the fandom that because all those soldiers had been willing to die for Griffith in battle and because Casca (his rape victim) loved him his actions ultimately weren't immoral. Had his band of mercenaries continued to serve him they would have suffered equally gruesome deaths at the hands of human soldiers and Casca had already agreed to give Griffith whatever he wanted.

More broadly tho X Did Nothing Wrong is a meme poking fun at such convoluted bits of logic meant to excuse such evil characters. Of course, sometimes it is used earnestly.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

Cigarettes and Whisky and Wild, Wild Women are the only reasons to get out of bed.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13701
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 pm

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pm
In Berserk the main villain is the leader of a mercenary band that the protagonist belonged to. At the conclusion of a prequel arc he brutally sacrifices all of his loyal soldiers to otherworldly demons and then rapes the arc's deuteragonist, a soldier who was both in love with him and had served under him for years. "Griffith did nothing wrong" refers to the idea among certain segments of the fandom that because all those soldiers had been willing to die for Griffith in battle and because Casca (his rape victim) loved him his actions ultimately weren't immoral. Had his band of mercenaries continued to serve him they would have suffered equally gruesome deaths at the hands of human soldiers and Casca had already agreed to give Griffith whatever he wanted.

More broadly tho X Did Nothing Wrong is a meme poking fun at such convoluted bits of logic meant to excuse such evil characters. Of course, sometimes it is used earnestly.
You can tell anyone who seriously defends Griffith is creepy. Wow.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6185
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 am

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm


Please no. I don't want flashbacks to the Berserk community. I fled that place for a reason
Do I want to know what this is about?
In Berserk the main villain is the leader of a mercenary band that the protagonist belonged to. At the conclusion of a prequel arc he brutally sacrifices all of his loyal soldiers to otherworldly demons and then rapes the arc's deuteragonist, a soldier who was both in love with him and had served under him for years. "Griffith did nothing wrong" refers to the idea among certain segments of the fandom that because all those soldiers had been willing to die for Griffith in battle and because Casca (his rape victim) loved him his actions ultimately weren't immoral. Had his band of mercenaries continued to serve him they would have suffered equally gruesome deaths at the hands of human soldiers and Casca had already agreed to give Griffith whatever he wanted.

More broadly tho X Did Nothing Wrong is a meme poking fun at such convoluted bits of logic meant to excuse such evil characters. Of course, sometimes it is used earnestly.
I know all about Berserk, it's one of my favorite mangas. I was just not sure what you were talking about with the community.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:00 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:39 am
I know all about Berserk, it's one of my favorite mangas. I was just not sure what you were talking about with the community.
Ah ok. Sorry for the needlessly long explanation.
JulieYBM wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 pm
You can tell anyone who seriously defends Griffith is creepy. Wow.
Never met any in meat space so I can't really say. I mostly avoid Berserk focused fan communities. Weird priorities aside, they end up being way too edgy for me. The ones I used to hover around seemed to think the more gruesome and violent an art work the better the art work was.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

Cigarettes and Whisky and Wild, Wild Women are the only reasons to get out of bed.

User avatar
Draconic
I Live Here
Posts: 2024
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: Romania

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Draconic » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:59 am

Goku and Gohan pissing left much more of an impression on me than Bulma's panties or bare ass. There are a lot of bare asses in cartoons, so I just found that kinda normal. But showing someone do his needs? Like, the stream coming out of the penis? Never saw that before. Made Goku super relatable... like... hey, I piss too! Maybe I can defeat the evil demon king or turn into a monkey someday. Of course, with how burly and hairy I got, the last part kinda came true.
English is not my first language !

My breakdown of the new and old transformations. Hope to update it soon with many others!

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1215
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Shaddy » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:37 am

President Valentine, Griffith, Zamasu, Vriska, Senator Armstrong, Gendo, Light, Palpatine, and Orochimaru all did nothing wrong.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Rory
I Live Here
Posts: 2728
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:15 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Rory » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:52 am

JulieYBM wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:29 pm
You can tell anyone who seriously defends Griffith is creepy. Wow.
A guy's gotta get his kingdom somehow. What's an eclipse between friends? GDNW

User avatar
Valerius Dover
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1924
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:47 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Valerius Dover » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Whoa, been a while since I've seen a banning around here. That really takes me back. :lol:
Who knew a question about underwear could stir so much trouble? You'd think Bulma's panties are the answer to world peace or something.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6504
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by jjgp1112 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 pm

Given that it was the "dirty butt" scene - "Wow, Bulma's kind of a skank, huh?"
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm

I have no response to this topic, but it does make me realize that I completely forgot how Cartoon Network handled the sexual stuff in the early parts of DB. Does anyone remember how they went about doing it?

User avatar
It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular
Posts: 586
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:02 pm

jjgp1112 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:39 pm
Given that it was the "dirty butt" scene - "Wow, Bulma's kind of a skank, huh?"
I love how big of a hoe Bulma was in DB. Just completely unapologetically selfish and willing to show off skin to get what she wants.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

Cigarettes and Whisky and Wild, Wild Women are the only reasons to get out of bed.

User avatar
MasenkoHA
I Live Here
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:03 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm
I have no response to this topic, but it does make me realize that I completely forgot how Cartoon Network handled the sexual stuff in the early parts of DB. Does anyone remember how they went about doing it?
They removed most of it entirely. Pretty sure after Goku blows Bulma a raspberry she goes straight to offering that they travel together.

I do remember in the third episode they changed Roshi asking to see Bulma’s underwear to asking to see her belly button.

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:36 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:03 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm
I have no response to this topic, but it does make me realize that I completely forgot how Cartoon Network handled the sexual stuff in the early parts of DB. Does anyone remember how they went about doing it?
They removed most of it entirely. Pretty sure after Goku blows Bulma a raspberry she goes straight to offering that they travel together.

I do remember in the third episode they changed Roshi asking to see Bulma’s underwear to asking to see her belly button.
FUNi entirely re wrote most all of Roshi's pafu pafu scenes if i recall correctly, including in the Mt. Frypan episode when Oolong (poorly) shape shifts into Bulma. It's been a while since i've last watched the dub so the exact dialogue escapes me but it was indeed majorly toned down from the Japanese version.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13701
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Belly button? Oh lord, that's more perverted than panties...
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5502
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:32 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:36 pm
MasenkoHA wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:03 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:44 pm
I have no response to this topic, but it does make me realize that I completely forgot how Cartoon Network handled the sexual stuff in the early parts of DB. Does anyone remember how they went about doing it?
They removed most of it entirely. Pretty sure after Goku blows Bulma a raspberry she goes straight to offering that they travel together.

I do remember in the third episode they changed Roshi asking to see Bulma’s underwear to asking to see her belly button.
FUNi entirely re wrote most all of Roshi's pafu pafu scenes if i recall correctly, including in the Mt. Frypan episode when Oolong (poorly) shape shifts into Bulma. It's been a while since i've last watched the dub so the exact dialogue escapes me but it was indeed majorly toned down from the Japanese version.
The DVDs kept the "let me see your underwear" for Roshi intact. For the Fire Mountain stuff, the dub changes it to a date I think, but Oolong/Bulma still clearly pulls her top down and Roshi's reaction afterwards is clearly more than just getting a date.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1375
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Re: How did you feel the first time you saw Bulma's panties in Dragon Ball?

Post by Danfun64 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:48 pm

So, Japanese Roshi explicitly wants to see Bulma's panties. Uncut Funi Roshi wants to see her underwear. BLT Roshi wants to be matchmade with an elderly woman (probably with the implication that the relationship will be mostly "innocent", if "impure", BW Roshi doesn't make any requests in this scene, and apparently edited Funi Roshi has "a thing for belly buttons".

Good job, Funi. I know you wanted to change the dialogue so that Bulma could lift her skirt... but wasn't that scene still cut on the CN broadcast? xD

In the process, you've made Roshi even more perverted than canon. Edited Funi and BW may have toned down Roshi's libido, but it's still there, and Funi making every scene where he's with a pretty woman wearing a swimsuit equivalent to nudity?

...of course, BLT had the exact opposite problem of breaking Roshi's character in a way that jars immediately, since one of the first scenes of ep 14 is Roshi watching an exercise program and one of the last scenes is Roshi saying he wants a girl that's, among other things, "not too old"... and since ep 13 is the last episode BLT did in its run, you can see how that would be problematic...
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

Post Reply