Does SSJ4 work?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Does SSJ4 work?

Post by Mad Swami » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:25 pm

SSJ4 is without a doubt my favorite form, however while thinking about it I got to ask, does it make sense? I think it fits with the lore quite nicley, except, Gohan. Gohan's potential in Z is stated to be greater than Goku's. So how would SSJ4 work, would a hypothetical Buu saga Goku SSJ4 be weaker than Gohan. I mean the form is said to release all latent potential and if Goku's potential is lesser than Gohan then yeah he would be weaker. However I feel it should be stronger, which if that's the case then how would that work?

I know base Goku gt is like SSJ3 level so that's a factor but Gohan still trained so he shouldn't be so weak. I don't know, do you think SSJ4 works and if so how?

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Does SSJ4 work?

Post by Vijay » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:57 am

Isn't SSJ4 implied to unleash all of its user's ultimate potential forefront?

If anything, I'd say DBZ Boo Arc SSJ4 Goku should be at least on par to Z's Ultimate Gohan

I dunno abt potential & stuff man. Gohan is implied to have greatest potential, but once SSJ4 is unlocked...I'd say that should put Goku at bar minimum at Full-Powered Ultimate Gohan

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:54 am

I think SS4 draws power in a similar fashion to Broli’s current forms. Great Ape powers can compete with SSGod depending on how they are used. Broli managed to rival SSGSS Goku without even becoming a Super Saiyan. That’s probably how strong I think SS4 can be, potential-wise.

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:01 pm

Well, Super Saiyan forms are just multipliers of the base by default so Broly tackling Blue Goku without being a super Saiyan is pretty normal.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:07 pm

I remember a guidebook stating Buu saga SSJ Vegetto was about as powerful as a SSJ4. If SSJ4 unleashes their full potential, maybe that includes Oozaru stacked on top of their regular potential? Since Gohan no longer had a tail, his ultimate form was basically his hypothetical full power SSJ3. If he had kept his tail, his ultimate form would've been equivalent to a full power SSJ4? I don't know just theorizing here!

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:39 pm

Skar wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:07 pm I remember a guidebook stating Buu saga SSJ Vegetto was about as powerful as a SSJ4. If SSJ4 unleashes their full potential, maybe that includes Oozaru stacked on top of their regular potential? Since Gohan no longer had a tail, his ultimate form was basically his hypothetical full power SSJ3. If he had kept his tail, his ultimate form would've been equivalent to a full power SSJ4? I don't know just theorizing here!
That guide is stupid. Buu saga Vegito gets dusted by Super Baby 1

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:02 pm

Omgzord wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:39 pmThat guide is stupid. Buu saga Vegito gets dusted by Super Baby 1
What makes you say that? I haven't watched GT in years so I don't remember how strong he was. Super Baby 1 was the form after Baby Vegeta absorbed energy from the half-Saiyans correct? What's enough to surpass Vegetto?

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:54 pm

It works in the same way SSG and SSJ3 and Spirit Control and Ultimate Instinct do. You hit the "I believe" button and move on.

Besides. Gohan's potential has been completely retconned at this point (as has the fighting potential of everyone other than Goku and Vegeta) so he stakes up against any of Goku's forms shouldn't be a problem.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Skar wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:02 pm
Omgzord wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:39 pmThat guide is stupid. Buu saga Vegito gets dusted by Super Baby 1
What makes you say that? I haven't watched GT in years so I don't remember how strong he was. Super Baby 1 was the form after Baby Vegeta absorbed energy from the half-Saiyans correct? What's enough to surpass Vegetto?
Super Baby 1 was as strong or a tad weaker than ssj3 goku who keep in mind should be equal to buu saga goku ssj3 going ssj3. So depending how you view Vegito's power (I personally use Gogeta's showing in the broly movie with his base being equal to Goku and Vegeta's best) you can sort of extrapolate from there

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:10 am

Mad Swami wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:25 pmSuper Baby 1 was as strong or a tad weaker than ssj3 goku who keep in mind should be equal to buu saga goku ssj3 going ssj3. So depending how you view Vegito's power (I personally use Gogeta's showing in the broly movie with his base being equal to Goku and Vegeta's best) you can sort of extrapolate from there
I assumed GT Vegeta hadn't improved much since the Buu saga since he never unlocked SSJ3 so I thought Super Baby could've been between Buuhan and SSJ Vegetto. I forgot base GT Goku was that powerful so his current SSJ3 must be a few hundred times stronger than during the Buu saga. Oh well there goes my theory!

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:10 am

Skar wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:10 am
Mad Swami wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:25 pmSuper Baby 1 was as strong or a tad weaker than ssj3 goku who keep in mind should be equal to buu saga goku ssj3 going ssj3. So depending how you view Vegito's power (I personally use Gogeta's showing in the broly movie with his base being equal to Goku and Vegeta's best) you can sort of extrapolate from there
I assumed GT Vegeta hadn't improved much since the Buu saga since he never unlocked SSJ3 so I thought Super Baby could've been between Buuhan and SSJ Vegetto. I forgot base GT Goku was that powerful so his current SSJ3 must be a few hundred times stronger than during the Buu saga. Oh well there goes my theory!
I think your theory could still poitentially work, I actually like the idea that SSJ4 is the full potential of a warrior multiplied by 500(Golden Oozaru) So I don't think yours is completely ruined

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:13 am

Skar wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:02 pm
GT Goku stated that Super Baby 1 had the strongest Ki he ever felt, Baby then goes Super Baby 2 and then Golden Ozaru and SS4 Goku still beats him.

Buu saga tier characters are an obsoletes even in early GT.