One Punch Man features a Super Saiyan homage

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

One Punch Man features a Super Saiyan homage

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:08 am

https://www.cbr.com/one-punch-man-drive ... er-saiyan/

One-Punch Man Chapter 115 brought in S-Class hero Drive Knight to take on their attacker: Nyaan. Drive Knight activates his Battle Transformation: Gold, seemingly a reference to the Super Saiyan transformation.

Not bad. But if he's going to be super-strong he needs to lose his hair in that story.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: One Punch Man features a Super Saiyan homage

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm

I saw it as more of a visual callback to Boros.

As for losing his hair, considering that Drive Knight is a robot/cyborg (we're not entirely sure which), it's probably only cosmetic to begin with.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:31 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm I saw it as more of a visual callback to Boros.
Yeah and Boros seems to be a Super Saiyan himself with his final form having long hair like SS3.

GhostEmperorX
Regular

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:33 am

If he was completely a robot then it wouldn’t be a DB reference, but rather one to the Brave series or Raideen.