Desperately in search of vintage box art scans

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSeductiveTomato
Not-So-Newbie

Desperately in search of vintage box art scans

Post by TheSeductiveTomato » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:38 am

So over the years I've been in an on/off search of hi-res scans of the artwork used for the VHS and DVD singles box sets. I'm particularly after the box art used for the Uncut Movie Trilogy box set, which consists of the Ocean dubs for the first 3 movies. Last night I discovered that this artwork came in poster form...

So obviously scanning a poster of that size would be difficult, but if it exists as full-fledged artwork (without all the text and logos) then maybe it already exists on the internet somewhere and I just haven't been able to find it. If anyone is able to grant my wish, if you will, I would be eternally grateful! I would also settle for scans of the box itself.

I also wouldn't complain if this turned into a thread to compile all vintage box art, from Saiyan Saga to Kid Buu. It's a part of Dragon Ball history, may as well do our best to preserve it!

FutureGohanSSJ2
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Desperately in search of vintage box art scans

Post by FutureGohanSSJ2 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:54 am

TheSeductiveTomato wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:38 am So over the years I've been in an on/off search of hi-res scans of the artwork used for the VHS and DVD singles box sets. I'm particularly after the box art used for the Uncut Movie Trilogy box set, which consists of the Ocean dubs for the first 3 movies. Last night I discovered that this artwork came in poster form...

So obviously scanning a poster of that size would be difficult, but if it exists as full-fledged artwork (without all the text and logos) then maybe it already exists on the internet somewhere and I just haven't been able to find it. If anyone is able to grant my wish, if you will, I would be eternally grateful! I would also settle for scans of the box itself.

I also wouldn't complain if this turned into a thread to compile all vintage box art, from Saiyan Saga to Kid Buu. It's a part of Dragon Ball history, may as well do our best to preserve it!
I have this box set and this poster.