Problem #472 with the Dragon Boxes - DNR

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Re: Problem #472 with the Dragon Boxes - DNR

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:17 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 am Since the french bluray doesn't have the issue with dark ghost I was wondering if perhaps FUNimation's copies were spared. I asked a friend who has some of the boxes to get any shots and it does in fact have the same issue.
French Bluray???????????????? Bluray screenshot are selecta ones SO spanish (not french which didn't release anything yet)
France received japanese digibetas if i am right (it even have the same randomly appearing black bar that you can see on r2j) that they converted to PAL, cropped and filtered themselves (it's even known that it have a lot of compression artifact

French DVD aren't fine enough to be used if you want to compared dark or bright area

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 am

HakkaiBills93 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:17 am
eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 am Since the french bluray doesn't have the issue with dark ghost I was wondering if perhaps FUNimation's copies were spared. I asked a friend who has some of the boxes to get any shots and it does in fact have the same issue.
French Bluray???????????????? Bluray screenshot are selecta ones SO spanish (not french which didn't release anything yet)
France received japanese digibetas if i am right (it even have the same randomly appearing black bar that you can see on r2j) that they converted to PAL, cropped and filtered themselves (it's even known that it have a lot of compression artifact

French DVD aren't fine enough to be used if you want to compared dark or bright area
This is the second time I have done that... Spanish bluray :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 am

eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 am Since the selectvision Dragon Ball bluray bluray doesn't have the issue with dark ghost I was wondering if perhaps FUNimation's copies were spared. I asked a friend who has some of the boxes to get any shots and it does in fact have the same issue.

HakkaiBills93
Banned

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:20 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:43 am
eledoremassis02 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:07 am Since the selectvision Dragon Ball bluray bluray doesn't have the issue with dark ghost I was wondering if perhaps FUNimation's copies were spared. I asked a friend who has some of the boxes to get any shots and it does in fact have the same issue.
Funimation dragon box for z have better dark details but worst bright details and r2j is the opposite , that's why i know some people that have overlayed the two source to get better dark details from r1 and nice bright details from r2j

funimation ones also have differrent framing , as an example french dvd have the same random black bar that appear sometimes randomly and for no reason on the episodes (sometimes only for few frames) but funi have the footage in thoses parts

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:53 pm

Interestingly enough the Bluebricks seem to have the same problem
http://www.framecompare.com/image-compa ... n/FJ9F1NNU