Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13163
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 pm
Is this becoming the go-to politics thread, now that the Vic Mignogna thread is closed? If so, I’ll just say one thing before I leave: Bernie Sanders wouldn’t be able to beat Trump any better than Joe Biden could. Older Americans are terrified of the concept of socialism, and they’re the only reliable voters in the country. Hell, people thought that Hillary Clinton was too far left. Trump won in part because people in swing states viewed him as the more moderate of the two. The fact that Sanders has been on record of saying some less than damning things about Fidel Castro certainly doesn’t help.

If anyone wants proof of how much Americans are spooked out the s-word, just look at the 2018 midterms. Progressives displayed a pitiful performance in the election. Most of the gains the Democrats made were because of moderate candidates.
Bernie would get the normal Democratic voters who vote anyway, candidate be damned, while also pulling in not just younger lefties but independents and self-proclaimed conservatives from across the aisle. Biden can't do that, because he's obviously suffering from dementia, offers people nothing and has already proven that he'll just be another four years of Obama, only more conservative. Eight years of Obama being a self-proclaimed Republican are what got us Trump. Biden would put the left to sleep and kill any peaceful chance we have of improving our lives.

Polls show that Sanders' policies are supported by strong majorities. The issue is that his marketing needs to be stronger and more concise. He needs to tie the policies he supports back into American traditions because the US has roots from the 1930s-1960s as a democratic socialist society. Frankly, what Sanders needs most is new advisers. The dip shits running his campaign have made this election far harder than it needs to be.

Nobody liked Clinton because she was obviously unlikable and easy to run to the left of. That's what Trump did, he ran to Clinton's economic left while also appealing to social conservatives, hawks and bigots with his rhetoric on massacring civilians.
She/Her | Femboys should form an official Femboy Hooters so I can go and ogle their femboy bodies!!

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:57 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 pm
Is this becoming the go-to politics thread, now that the Vic Mignogna thread is closed?
I'd hope not, but unlike the Vic thread that jumped from political topic to political topic with little or no relevance to the original post, any thread about the coronavirus and it's effects on the world is bound to eventually delve into discussions about the failure of our politicians around the world to act swiftly and effectively in combating the coronavirus.
For the record, I’d rather have Bernie Sanders as President over Trump and Biden
I'd rather have Bernie in office for 10 consecutive terms than to have elected anyone other than Obama that's run since the end of Carter's term in '81.

User avatar
Planetnamek
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Most republicans certainly.
And most democrats too. Sadly, corporate interests and money have found their way into almost every aspect and crevice of our electoral systems. Unfortunately, neither main political party is innocent of corruption and corporate influences.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying ... sh-despite
One is still clearly FAR FAR worse then the other though.

I was never on the Sanders hype train for a lot of reasons(the fact that he's STILL refusing to concede even while there's a damn pandemic going on certainly hasn't helped endear him to me in the least), this great piece by Daily Kos delves into a lot of problems with him and behind the scenes stuff a lot of his supporters don't know:https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3 ... uld-win-it
JulieYBM wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:52 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 pm
Is this becoming the go-to politics thread, now that the Vic Mignogna thread is closed? If so, I’ll just say one thing before I leave: Bernie Sanders wouldn’t be able to beat Trump any better than Joe Biden could. Older Americans are terrified of the concept of socialism, and they’re the only reliable voters in the country. Hell, people thought that Hillary Clinton was too far left. Trump won in part because people in swing states viewed him as the more moderate of the two. The fact that Sanders has been on record of saying some less than damning things about Fidel Castro certainly doesn’t help.

If anyone wants proof of how much Americans are spooked out the s-word, just look at the 2018 midterms. Progressives displayed a pitiful performance in the election. Most of the gains the Democrats made were because of moderate candidates.
Bernie would get the normal Democratic voters who vote anyway, candidate be damned, while also pulling in not just younger lefties but independents and self-proclaimed conservatives from across the aisle. Biden can't do that, because he's obviously suffering from dementia, offers people nothing and has already proven that he'll just be another four years of Obama, only more conservative. Eight years of Obama being a self-proclaimed Republican are what got us Trump. Biden would put the left to sleep and kill any peaceful chance we have of improving our lives.

Polls show that Sanders' policies are supported by strong majorities. The issue is that his marketing needs to be stronger and more concise. He needs to tie the policies he supports back into American traditions because the US has roots from the 1930s-1960s as a democratic socialist society. Frankly, what Sanders needs most is new advisers. The dip shits running his campaign have made this election far harder than it needs to be.

Nobody liked Clinton because she was obviously unlikable and easy to run to the left of. That's what Trump did, he ran to Clinton's economic left while also appealing to social conservatives, hawks and bigots with his rhetoric on massacring civilians.
No he does not have dementia, he just has a stutter:https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jo ... 98316.html

Honestly one thing that disturbs me about so-called "progressives" right now is how they are adopting some of the same tactics used by Trump supporters in 2016, I remember when they fixated over how "sick" Hilary looked. Not to mention plenty on the dirtbag left(I.E. Peter Coffin) are even now defending fucking Gamergate of all things, that right is a major red flag for me.

Sorry but the fact is social media does not always translate into action on the ground, the support for Sanders just wasn't there, he didn't endear himself to a lot of the older black folks that support Biden in the south as they don't consider Sanders a "real democrat"(as he was independent for many years) not to mention a lot of LGBTQ folks have been turned off from Sanders by many of the Bernie Bros which have said all manner of hateful things.

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/a- ... 1578414345

https://www.theroot.com/an-open-letter- ... 1842100419

Strongly disagree on Clinton, plenty of people liked her(minorities especially) she wasn't "obviously unlikeable" at all.

Obama did not get us Trump, that's beyond ludicrous. Frankly i'm getting tired of the trend of so-called leftists crapping all over Obama these days, he wasn't perfect but he did accomplish a lot of great things, I never would've gotten health insurance if it wasn't for him.

Biden does offer people something-safety and comfort, and especially in these troubled times it's easy to understand his appeal. Look he definitely wasn't my first choice or even my fourth(my choices in order were Harris, Castro, Booker and Warren) but at least he's not surrounded by a creepy cult of personality like Sanders is(not to mention with Sanders own well-documented health issues and his age there's a very real danger of him dying via COVID). There's only so many times he can play the "I marched with MLK!" card as a shield against any and all criticism before people wake up and smell the coffee.
Last edited by Planetnamek on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
Melee_Sovereign
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:43 am

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:57 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:50 am

Not only is 70% of the population expected to get this.
I find that hard to believe. Maybe over the course of several years if this virus becomes a regular thing like the flu. But 70% over this one outbreak?

I highly doubt the U.S. or the rest of the world won't follow a similar pattern to China who are at the point of recovery. China hasn't broke pass 81,000 cases for a week or so now. I've been watching this real time map for the past few weeks.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

Other places are still going up in cases because other places are getting the virus much later than China, but China has stagnated at 81,000 a few weeks now. That's no where near 70% of their population, and China is more densely populated than anywhere else in the world. It spreads quite easily there. If 70% of the population where to get this, China should be showing the first signs of that, not showing signs of recovery.

And keep in mind, this is 81,000 total cases in China, not active cases. Around 60,000 have recovered, meaning around 8-10,000 active cases in China right now.
Last edited by Melee_Sovereign on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14017
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:58 pm

Metalwario64 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:44 pm
I'm sure Trump will beat Biden and stack the Supreme Court, leading to a real "Dark Ages" of sort for the next 40 years.
Assuming that Biden is going to run against Trump. The Primaries are not even over yet and most of the voting got pushed back until May. People can't give up and assume that Sanders can't win. I think this virus will give people more time to think about things and have people vote for a guy that wants better health care.

Back to Dragon Ball, I do think the rest of the fighters for FighterZ would probably see a push back as well. The gaming industry is already being hurt by this. Sakurai mention that the Smash Bros DLC may be pushed back because of the CV.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13163
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:09 pm

Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Most republicans certainly.
And most democrats too. Sadly, corporate interests and money have found their way into almost every aspect and crevice of our electoral systems. Unfortunately, neither main political party is innocent of corruption and corporate influences.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying ... sh-despite
One is still clearly FAR FAR worse then the other though.

I was never on the Sanders hype train for a lot of reasons(the fact that he's STILL refusing to concede even while there's a damn pandemic going on certainly hasn't helped endear him to me in the least), this great piece by Daily Kos delves into a lot of problems with him and behind the scenes stuff a lot of his supporters don't know:https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3 ... uld-win-it
Sanders has been out and about acting like a president every day of this crisis. Meanwhile, Biden disappears for a week at a time and has offered no leadership. Sanders--merely as a Senator--forced into the package "An unemployment provision added to the Senate bill by Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders would see laid-off workers receive 100% of their salary up to $75,000 a year, with tipped and gig economy workers covered.“

So, not only can Sanders Get Shit Done while still being in the race, he can get it done far better than any other candidate in the race. There's a reason why Bernie is known in Washington as The Amendment King.
She/Her | Femboys should form an official Femboy Hooters so I can go and ogle their femboy bodies!!

User avatar
Planetnamek
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:58 pm
Metalwario64 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:44 pm
I'm sure Trump will beat Biden and stack the Supreme Court, leading to a real "Dark Ages" of sort for the next 40 years.
Assuming that Biden is going to run against Trump. The Primaries are not even over yet and most of the voting got pushed back until May. People can't give up and assume that Sanders can't win. I think this virus will give people more time to think about things and have people vote for a guy that wants better health care.

Back to Dragon Ball, I do think the rest of the fighters for FighterZ would probably see a push back as well. The gaming industry is already being hurt by this. Sakurai mention that the Smash Bros DLC may be pushed back because of the CV.
Sanders has no real path to the nomination though:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/us/p ... paign.html

Biden has been acting plenty "presidential":https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1241416531684331526

This certainly helped me feel better about the crisis at any rate.

Warren has actually been getting more shit then anybody and she's not even in the race anymore:https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2 ... -president
WittyUsername wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 pm
Is this becoming the go-to politics thread, now that the Vic Mignogna thread is closed? If so, I’ll just say one thing before I leave: Bernie Sanders wouldn’t be able to beat Trump any better than Joe Biden could. Older Americans are terrified of the concept of socialism, and they’re the only reliable voters in the country. Hell, people thought that Hillary Clinton was too far left. Trump won in part because people in swing states viewed him as the more moderate of the two. The fact that Sanders has been on record of saying some less than damning things about Fidel Castro certainly doesn’t help.

If anyone wants proof of how much Americans are spooked out the s-word, just look at the 2018 midterms. Progressives displayed a pitiful performance in the election. Most of the gains the Democrats made were because of moderate candidates.

For the record, I’d rather have Bernie Sanders as President over Trump or Biden, but he’s simply not an electable candidate. America is too firmly rooted in capitalist ideals to accept someone like him, and I don’t think the Coronavirus will change that.
Exactly, many black folks are on record as saying they voted for Biden because they don't trust white people to vote for socialism, and yes Sanders ignorant comments about Castro definitely cost him support amongst the Cuban community.
JulieYBM wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:26 pm
Unless bodies start hitting the ground around October or the Democratic Party nominee is Bernie Trump will win a re-election. His popularity with his base is unbreakable and both parties have done a great job of suppressing the left vote through gerrymandering and the primaries. Without the youth vote--which only Bernie carries--the Democratic nominee will be utterly crushed, especially if they try to put Biden up on the stage with Trump. Trump is a killer debater the likes of which we've never seen in the television era. He will eat Biden alive, assuming he can even remember what day the debates are.
Highly unlikely, the youth vote won't be needed as long as the older black folks vote for Biden, which they almost certainly will.

Trump is a terrible debater now and with his dementia getting worse he has no chance, Trump's case hasn't grown at all and it's gone down and that will hurt him, suppression does not explain why Biden has consistently outperformed Sanders in several states.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14017
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:03 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 pm
Older Americans are terrified of the concept of socialism, and they’re the only reliable voters in the country.
That's because those people are still thinking it's still the 1940s-1980s. Socialism can be good if the right people use it. Albert Einstein approve of socialism, and he is one of the smartest humans in history. Socialism never work for Venezuela because they have awful people running their country.
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Exactly, many black folks are on record as saying they voted for Biden because they don't trust white people to vote for socialism, and yes Sanders ignorant comments about Castro definitely cost him support amongst the Cuban community.
You could argue that Castro is a better leader than Trump depending on whom you ask. America is one of the worst 1st world countries, and we can never improve things better if American people keep on voting for awful people or useless people like Obama. If someone like Sanders can't run in office, our nation is done for good. At this rate, I would rather die and go to Hell instead having another 4 years of Trump.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 pm

Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Most republicans certainly.
And most democrats too. Sadly, corporate interests and money have found their way into almost every aspect and crevice of our electoral systems. Unfortunately, neither main political party is innocent of corruption and corporate influences.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying ... sh-despite
One is still clearly FAR FAR worse then the other though.

I was never on the Sanders hype train for a lot of reasons(the fact that he's STILL refusing to concede even while there's a damn pandemic going on certainly hasn't helped endear him to me in the least), this great piece by Daily Kos delves into a lot of problems with him and behind the scenes stuff a lot of his supporters don't know:https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3 ... uld-win-it
Corruption and manipulation of politics by corporations is equally bad regardless of which side is doing it. You identifying with one political party or another doesn't mean your party isn't equally wrong for committing the same crimes or using the same shady practices.

The fact that the right is lead by a racist moron that you hate, doesn't mean the left isn't also corrupt and wrong for taking corporate money in exchange for protecting their financial interests over the people of the nation.

Refusing to concede what? His presidential race? Why would he do that because of a pandemic?

Also, I skimmed that link, and I didn't really see anything about Bernie being secretly a bad person or criminal, or any justification for why we shouldn't be supporting him, just that the people running his campaign are kinda stupid and he's losing his chance at presidency as a result.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5943
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:21 pm

Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Highly unlikely Drumpf will win after his colossal fuckups with handling the pandemic, besides it's likely he probably has COVID himself as they've been dancing around whether he's been tested or not and he's been looking much worse then usual lately and with his age and health conditions he definitely won't survive a case of COVID, so him even making it to the end of the year is pretty unlikely.
What makes you think Biden or Sanders are any less vulnerable to it? They're pretty old, too.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Majin Buu
Regular
Posts: 567
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:23 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Majin Buu » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:25 pm

Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm
Highly unlikely, the youth vote won't be needed as long as the older black folks vote for Biden, which they almost certainly will.
If all it took were the votes of old black people, Hillary Clinton would be president now. Saying we don't need the youth vote to beat Trump is pretty much inviting another loss.

Also, none of the red states Biden won with the help of those old black voters are gonna go blue in the general election.

User avatar
Planetnamek
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:59 pm

Majin Buu wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:25 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm
Highly unlikely, the youth vote won't be needed as long as the older black folks vote for Biden, which they almost certainly will.
If all it took were the votes of old black people, Hillary Clinton would be president now. Saying we don't need the youth vote to beat Trump is pretty much inviting another loss.

Also, none of the red states Biden won with the help of those old black voters are gonna go blue in the general election.
Hilary unfortunately had sexism going against her and Sanders(BTW a lot of the folks that voted for Sanders in 2016 weren't voting for him so much as they were voting against her, hence why his numbers were lower this time around).

You don't know that for an absolute fact, unfortunately none of us are psychic so we can't predict the future for certain.

Fact is the youth just aren't turning out no matter what, Sanders couldn't even turn them out, so no it's not inviting anything to say we don't need them considering historically the youth has never been the deciding factor in a general election(not even in Obama's case).

https://today.duke.edu/2018/10/why-so-m ... 0%99t-vote
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:21 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:50 pm
Highly unlikely Drumpf will win after his colossal fuckups with handling the pandemic, besides it's likely he probably has COVID himself as they've been dancing around whether he's been tested or not and he's been looking much worse then usual lately and with his age and health conditions he definitely won't survive a case of COVID, so him even making it to the end of the year is pretty unlikely.
What makes you think Biden or Sanders are any less vulnerable to it? They're pretty old, too.
Sanders is definitely vulnerable as I pointed out in another post. Biden seems at least somewhat healthy by comparison, though he's definitely a risk too, hence why he's picking a younger VP(most likely either Harris or Abrams) just in case.
Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:53 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:00 pm

And most democrats too. Sadly, corporate interests and money have found their way into almost every aspect and crevice of our electoral systems. Unfortunately, neither main political party is innocent of corruption and corporate influences.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying ... sh-despite
One is still clearly FAR FAR worse then the other though.

I was never on the Sanders hype train for a lot of reasons(the fact that he's STILL refusing to concede even while there's a damn pandemic going on certainly hasn't helped endear him to me in the least), this great piece by Daily Kos delves into a lot of problems with him and behind the scenes stuff a lot of his supporters don't know:https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3 ... uld-win-it
Corruption and manipulation of politics by corporations is equally bad regardless of which side is doing it. You identifying with one political party or another doesn't mean your party isn't equally wrong for committing the same crimes or using the same shady practices.

The fact that the right is lead by a racist moron that you hate, doesn't mean the left isn't also corrupt and wrong for taking corporate money in exchange for protecting their financial interests over the people of the nation.

Refusing to concede what? His presidential race? Why would he do that because of a pandemic?

Also, I skimmed that link, and I didn't really see anything about Bernie being secretly a bad person or criminal, or any justification for why we shouldn't be supporting him, just that the people running his campaign are kinda stupid and he's losing his chance at presidency as a result.
The left has it's issues for sure(certainly amongst the Bernie Bros at least, some days I can hardly tell the difference between them and Trump supporters) but they are still leagues above the right(For one thing the left aren't advocating for people to go back to work and saying it's not a big deal if a few people die as a result)

Never once claimed Sanders was a "criminal" or a "bad person"(though he certainly comes off as an ignorant one at times), the fact that you admitted that you "skimmed" the link makes it hard for me to take your post remotely seriously.

He should concede because he's got virtually zero chance of getting the nomination and because him staying in means primaries still happen which means lots of people in an enclosed space(as not every state lets you vote by mail) which makes them very vulnerable to catching COVID, Sanders dropping out would mean the primaries would be cancelled and it would be one less headache for the remaining states to worry about in terms of people potentially getting sick.
Hellspawn28 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:03 pm
WittyUsername wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 pm
Older Americans are terrified of the concept of socialism, and they’re the only reliable voters in the country.
That's because those people are still thinking it's still the 1940s-1980s. Socialism can be good if the right people use it. Albert Einstein approve of socialism, and he is one of the smartest humans in history. Socialism never work for Venezuela because they have awful people running their country.
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Exactly, many black folks are on record as saying they voted for Biden because they don't trust white people to vote for socialism, and yes Sanders ignorant comments about Castro definitely cost him support amongst the Cuban community.
You could argue that Castro is a better leader than Trump depending on whom you ask. America is one of the worst 1st world countries, and we can never improve things better if American people keep on voting for awful people or useless people like Obama. If someone like Sanders can't run in office, our nation is done for good. At this rate, I would rather die and go to Hell instead having another 4 years of Trump.
Obama was not "awful" or "useless" at all :evil: :roll: , that asinine bullshit post right there tells me that I should not listen to a goddamn thing you say :x The only thing "awful" and "useless" here is your dumbass post :roll:

Our nation is not "done" just because an old white guy does not get the nomination, i'd love to see you try and tell that to minorities and women with a straight face :lol:

You attacking Obama like that makes me question your views on minorities and racism as a whole :think:
Last edited by Planetnamek on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16516
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 pm

Y'all have to have some sort of Dragon Ball (Toriyama, etc., whatever) angle to your discussion.

That's the rule. You know the rule.

Some of you continue to push this, knowing that you're doing this, doing it on purpose, and you will soon no longer have an account if it continues.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

User avatar
Planetnamek
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:14 pm

Right my bad, with everything going on right now it's easy to get wrapped up in politics and forget to stay on topic.

Anyways getting back to DB, i'm sure COVID shouldn't slow down whatever Toei has in the works for the franchise for too long given that Japan have been pretty lucky so far(well aside from having the Olympics post-poned, damn that's gotta suck :( ) and hopefully it stays that way given that Japan has the oldest population in the world which makes them especially vulnerable if this thing gets out of control there(Italy having the second oldest population in the world is one of the reasons why they got hit as hard as they did).
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13163
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:18 pm

If my debatable Googling prowess is anything to go by the Philippines haven't been hit too hard by the virus yet. TAP--Toei Animation Philippines--is where a lot of Toei Animation work gets sub-contracted, especially on finishing and tweening. As a result, I wouldn't be surprised if we see TAP get more work coming up. Accordingly, I don't think Super Dragon Ball Heroes will be harmed.
She/Her | Femboys should form an official Femboy Hooters so I can go and ogle their femboy bodies!!

User avatar
Melee_Sovereign
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 431
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:43 am

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:29 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:14 am
As a historian who is also currently under quarantine with a respiratory infection (and kidney stones, just for fun, on top of that,) entertainment is an incredibly important industry right now.

Entertainment is the only chance that these lockdowns have to succeed. It's the social lubricant that can keep social distancing working. If people don't get there shows, movies, porn, books, games, internet whatevers, they'll rapidly move to fill in that free time with stuff that'll make them violate quarantine. The human mind is not equipped to handle months of unending boredom. It'll snap.
It should also be noted that tragedy often inspires some of the best creative writing. It's actually quite hard to write a good story if you've lived a comfortable life.

Not sure if Dragon Ball itself will draw any inspiration to Covid-19, but it could.

Witty User Name
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 115
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Witty User Name » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:14 am
As a historian who is also currently under quarantine with a respiratory infection (and kidney stones, just for fun, on top of that,) entertainment is an incredibly important industry right now.

Entertainment is the only chance that these lockdowns have to succeed. It's the social lubricant that can keep social distancing working. If people don't get there shows, movies, porn, books, games, internet whatevers, they'll rapidly move to fill in that free time with stuff that'll make them violate quarantine. The human mind is not equipped to handle months of unending boredom. It'll snap.
Well said, Kamiccolo9. And I hope you get better pretty soon.

User avatar
Planetnamek
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:08 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:29 pm
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:14 am
As a historian who is also currently under quarantine with a respiratory infection (and kidney stones, just for fun, on top of that,) entertainment is an incredibly important industry right now.

Entertainment is the only chance that these lockdowns have to succeed. It's the social lubricant that can keep social distancing working. If people don't get there shows, movies, porn, books, games, internet whatevers, they'll rapidly move to fill in that free time with stuff that'll make them violate quarantine. The human mind is not equipped to handle months of unending boredom. It'll snap.
It should also be noted that tragedy often inspires some of the best creative writing. It's actually quite hard to write a good story if you've lived a comfortable life.

Not sure if Dragon Ball itself will draw any inspiration to Covid-19, but it could.
Indeed, i'm very interested to see films set during this time period. The video game series The Division predicted something similar to this only a lot more deadly.

I could see DB taking inspiration from this by having a villain that creates a virus that only affects Saiyans and puts Goku, Vegeta and co out of commission thus forcing others like Piccolo and Tien to step up.

Hope you get well soon :angel:
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 206
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:25 pm

Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:59 pm
The left has it's issues for sure(certainly amongst the Bernie Bros at least, some days I can hardly tell the difference between them and Trump supporters) but they are still leagues above the right(For one thing the left aren't advocating for people to go back to work and saying it's not a big deal if a few people die as a result)

Never once claimed Sanders was a "criminal" or a "bad person"(though he certainly comes off as an ignorant one at times), the fact that you admitted that you "skimmed" the link makes it hard for me to take your post remotely seriously.

He should concede because he's got virtually zero chance of getting the nomination and because him staying in means primaries still happen which means lots of people in an enclosed space(as not every state lets you vote by mail) which makes them very vulnerable to catching COVID, Sanders dropping out would mean the primaries would be cancelled and it would be one less headache for the remaining states to worry about in terms of people potentially getting sick.
Look, I'm sorry I have more important shit to do (in a house with 5 kids) than read some long-winded blog post (that doesn't seem to give a shit about being professional and includes lines like "Ha ha, the most unprecedented event? Oh my f’n god, these people." which isn't remotely appropriate for any news or politics source) about how Bernie's campaign management being stupid and losing him the race. You indicated that it was supposed to expose "a lot of problems with him," when it didn't really seem to want to bring up anything that'd make him a bad candidate or president (at least more so than any of the other presidential candidates who are generally criminals or bad people). It just seemed to harp on his campaign managers being stupid.

People were saying Trump had "literally zero chance" of winning his first election up til the day of his actual election. Likewise with people saying the same thing about Clinton, who won the majority vote. Do you listen to every op ed that comes out of any left leaning news or politics source or something? (though, to be honest with you, you do kinda come off as the kind of person who just follows whatever the loudest left leaning voices are screaming, especially given your propensity to dictate that anyone not on staunchly on the far left of the political spectrum is an "alt-right racist bigot.")

And just conceding the vote to Biden because he's ahead by a bit in delegates or because his campaign management is incompetent isn't automatically a better situation. Regardless, if anything, this pandemic should mean that we fix the fact that some states don't let you vote from home because

I'm sorry, but we can't and absolutely shouldn't just cancel elections and the whole electoral process because there's a health pandemic going on in the early months of the election year. Postpone, yes, outright cancel, no.

Also, it should probably be noted that being ignorant on a topic or forming opinions based on incomplete information provided doesn't make someone a bad person. They aren't inherently linked no matter how much you may want to think so.

User avatar
Planetnamek
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 403
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:34 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:25 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:59 pm
The left has it's issues for sure(certainly amongst the Bernie Bros at least, some days I can hardly tell the difference between them and Trump supporters) but they are still leagues above the right(For one thing the left aren't advocating for people to go back to work and saying it's not a big deal if a few people die as a result)

Never once claimed Sanders was a "criminal" or a "bad person"(though he certainly comes off as an ignorant one at times), the fact that you admitted that you "skimmed" the link makes it hard for me to take your post remotely seriously.

He should concede because he's got virtually zero chance of getting the nomination and because him staying in means primaries still happen which means lots of people in an enclosed space(as not every state lets you vote by mail) which makes them very vulnerable to catching COVID, Sanders dropping out would mean the primaries would be cancelled and it would be one less headache for the remaining states to worry about in terms of people potentially getting sick.
Look, I'm sorry I have more important shit to do (in a house with 5 kids) than read some long-winded blog post (that doesn't seem to give a shit about being professional and includes lines like "Ha ha, the most unprecedented event? Oh my f’n god, these people." which isn't remotely appropriate for any news or politics source) about how Bernie's campaign management being stupid and losing him the race. You indicated that it was supposed to expose "a lot of problems with him," when it didn't really seem to want to bring up anything that'd make him a bad candidate or president (at least more so than any of the other presidential candidates who are generally criminals or bad people). It just seemed to harp on his campaign managers being stupid.

People were saying Trump had "literally zero chance" of winning his first election up til the day of his actual election. Likewise with people saying the same thing about Clinton, who won the majority vote. Do you listen to every op ed that comes out of any left leaning news or politics source or something? (though, to be honest with you, you do kinda come off as the kind of person who just follows whatever the loudest left leaning voices are screaming, especially given your propensity to dictate that anyone not on staunchly on the far left of the political spectrum is an "alt-right racist bigot.")

And just conceding the vote to Biden because he's ahead by a bit in delegates or because his campaign management is incompetent isn't automatically a better situation. Regardless, if anything, this pandemic should mean that we fix the fact that some states don't let you vote from home because

I'm sorry, but we can't and absolutely shouldn't just cancel elections and the whole electoral process because there's a health pandemic going on in the early months of the election year. Postpone, yes, outright cancel, no.

Also, it should probably be noted that being ignorant on a topic or forming opinions based on incomplete information provided doesn't make someone a bad person. They aren't inherently linked no matter how much you may want to think so.
You did see Mike's message about staying on topic right? :?

You seem to be doing nothing but arguing in bad faith, if you can't be bothered to read an article yet you expect me to blindly believe what you some random guy on the internet says, then i'm going to give your post the same amount of attention you gave the article- virtually none.

Also never said anything about Sanders being a "bad person", nice try.

Anyways staying on topic here i'm not seeing anything about Kakarot's DLC being affected so looks like we're good there:https://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-d ... 0-6475062/
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Locked