DB DBZ AND DBGT Broadcast Alerts

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

DB DBZ AND DBGT Broadcast Alerts

Post by JamesDaSpaghettiTaco » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:21 am

I've noticed that in some Tv rips of DB DBZ And DBGT in Japan have an Alert message appear at a specific point on the top of the screen, I've also read that if you were watching the series from a different region these messages wouldn't appear. Here are all the videos I've seen (note that I wasn't the one who translated them) :

In this TV Rip (btw from the legend AnimeMaakuo) the top text says that a 2 year old was kidnapped around the Chiba prefecture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxouaQMHbuQ

While in this one it says that a 3 level earthquake happened at 7:18 pm at a city called 新岛 神泽岛. The translator said that he can't find any town with that name so he must be reading it wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nt_Zc8oeIY

Can anyone inform me if other alerts like these exist? I'm really curious

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: DB DBZ AND DBGT Broadcast Alerts

Post by dougo13 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:32 am

They were in lots of series as well as night time shows. Nothing new. We have had them over here too. Lots on localized broadcasts. Used to get them all the time for weather alerts from various stations...

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:10 am

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:21 am I've noticed that in some Tv rips of DB DBZ And DBGT in Japan have an Alert message appear at a specific point on the top of the screen, I've also read that if you were watching the series from a different region these messages wouldn't appear. Here are all the videos I've seen (note that I wasn't the one who translated them) :

In this TV Rip (btw from the legend AnimeMaakuo) the top text says that a 2 year old was kidnapped around the Chiba prefecture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxouaQMHbuQ

While in this one it says that a 3 level earthquake happened at 7:18 pm at a city called 新岛 神泽岛. The translator said that he can't find any town with that name so he must be reading it wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nt_Zc8oeIY

Can anyone inform me if other alerts like these exist? I'm really curious
I'm probably going to hell for this, but it would be very eerie coincidence if this message popped out when Raditz kidnapped Gohan :)

Speaking of broadcast, i kinda miss fact they never include "message from sponsor" in home releases. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIruaaygCs4
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

Post by JamesDaSpaghettiTaco » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am

Lmao I know and the fact that there was a 3 magnitude earthquake while Goku and Vegeta were fighting Omega Shenron

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:51 am

From what I remember...

DB 099 - An earthquake in the Kanto region
DBZ 004 - The identities of the mutilated bodies found in Nagano prefecture confirmed to be a mother and her son from Chiba prefecture
DBZ 121 - South Korean President Roh Tae-Woo declaring the completion of the withdrawal of U.S. nuclear weapons
DBZ 231 - The former Japanese prime minister Kaifu Toshiki leaving the Liberal Democratic Party

There should be more.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:38 pm

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:21 am I've noticed that in some Tv rips of DB DBZ And DBGT in Japan have an Alert message appear at a specific point on the top of the screen, I've also read that if you were watching the series from a different region these messages wouldn't appear.
I know for a fact that these did appear in at least some different regions, though the timings could be different. I played around with the alert sounds that went along with these in episode 4 a few months ago...

Left channel is an Ishikawa broadcast, right channel is a Tokai broadcast. As you can hear, the first round only has an alert in Tokai, no sound in Ishikawa. Unsure if there was an alert in video with no accompanying sound for Ishikawa. The second round has audio alerts in both, but placed slightly differently.

I imagine Kei's memory is probably accurate, and I have nothing to add to it in regards to which episodes have alerts.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

JamesDaSpaghettiTaco

Post by JamesDaSpaghettiTaco » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:32 am

Thank you everybody for your support

lolman196

Post by lolman196 » Sat May 02, 2020 2:54 pm

I know this is a bit late, but I just found this alert during DBZ 188:

coltigore

Post by coltigore » Sat May 02, 2020 8:45 pm

kei17 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:51 am From what I remember...

DB 099 - An earthquake in the Kanto region
DBZ 004 - The identities of the mutilated bodies found in Nagano prefecture confirmed to be a mother and her son from Chiba prefecture
DBZ 121 - South Korean President Roh Tae-Woo declaring the completion of the withdrawal of U.S. nuclear weapons
DBZ 231 - The former Japanese prime minister Kaifu Toshiki leaving the Liberal Democratic Party

There should be more.
Oh God the 004 alert is brutal, I thought DBZ was a kids show, that's kinda graphic news...

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sun May 03, 2020 1:42 am

lolman196 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:54 pm I know this is a bit late, but I just found this alert during DBZ 188:
Out of curiosity, what fansub release is that from? The quality looks decent by the standards of the time.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

lolman196

Post by lolman196 » Sun May 03, 2020 5:49 pm

It's from S.Baldric, also known as E.Monsoon. Most of the tapes I've seen from S.Baldric are decent quality.