Another official manga by Dragon Garow Lee?!...

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Another official manga by Dragon Garow Lee?!...

Post by Rouge the Bat » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:55 pm

Would you like to have a new manga by Dragon Garow Lee?!...

I bought his Yamcha manga because it was wonderfully drawn but I was not very pleased with the isekai what-if aspect of the book (though I love what he did in his fan manga DB SAI)!!...

One of my biggest DB dreams would be to have him make another manga, but a long manga taking place over an extended period of time since Dragon Garow Lee is able to copy Akira Toriyama's art from any era!!...
For a long-running new DB series, my perfect choice would be to have Dragon Garow Lee draw a whole series about Universe 6, I mean the equivalent of Gokû's life in the original DB manga but happening in Universe 6 instead of Universe 7!!...
I don't know who the main character would be, maybe Cabba, from his childhood up to the moment Universe 6 meets Universe 7 in DB SUPER... that could be a great and long brand new adventure!!...

What about you?!...

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Another official manga by Dragon Garow Lee?!...

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:43 pm

I would like to see Lee produce another official comic. I'm not sure how likely that is to happen, though. It seems like Lee takes a long time to draw, so the project would need to be pre-planned first. I hope Shueisha does that sometime.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Any DB project from Lee has my full attention right away. He's so far above Toyotaro!
I'm still waiting for him to finish his DB Sai fan manga, but seems like he dropped it...
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:50 pm

Dont really care about Universe 6 so a story about them wouldnt interest me, but I'd love a Great Saiyaman story.

His art is so much better than Toyotaro's imo, so that would be a treat.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm

An extended universe comprised of Doujinshi artists would be pretty cool

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:49 pm

The Yumcha manga was a lot of fun, so I'd be up for him to do more.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:41 pm

Rouge the Bat wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:55 pm Would you like to have a new manga by Dragon Garow Lee?!...
I bought his Yamcha manga because it was wonderfully drawn but I was not very pleased with the isekai what-if aspect of the book (though I love what he did in his fan manga DB SAI)!!...

One of my biggest DB dreams would be to have him make another manga, but a long manga taking place over an extended period of time since Dragon Garow Lee is able to copy Akira Toriyama's art from any era!!...
I love his drawing style and the manga yamcha "reborn" although ironically I never liked Dragon Ball sai
Rouge the Bat wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:55 pm For a long-running new DB series, my perfect choice would be to have Dragon Garow Lee draw a whole series about Universe 6, I mean the equivalent of Gokû's life in the original DB manga but happening in Universe 6 instead of Universe 7!!...
I don't know who the main character would be, maybe Cabba, from his childhood up to the moment Universe 6 meets Universe 7 in DB SUPER... that could be a great and long brand new adventure!!...

What about you?!...
I'd rather not and I don't see it working either ... cabba is worse than gohan in the sense of not having a personality for protagonist ... and unlike this he's not even the most popular character in his universe, all fans prefer hit and caulifla / kale in any case