The End of the Blue Bricks?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

KBABZ
I Live Here

Re: The End of the Blue Bricks?

Post by KBABZ » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:46 pm

Robo4900 wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:02 pm
OmegaRockman wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:42 pm
Yeah, I think that this is just a temporary shortage during the crisis. They'll probably print more once things calm down.
Indeed. This is the most likely case.
What am I, chopped liver??

SupremeSSJ
Beyond Newbie

Post by SupremeSSJ » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:56 am

Both are back in stock

MetaMoss
Regular

Post by MetaMoss » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:56 am

I just ordered all 5 sets off Amazon because of the show leaving Hulu, and until I saw this thread, I had no idea some were out of stock recently.

So, looks like the time of the Blue Bricks will continue for now.
Do me a favor and just pretend there's something cool or witty or profound down here.

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:07 am

SupremeSSJ wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:56 am
Both are back in stock
Actually, I think they never left. They were not just on the front page (which is DEFINITELY WEIRD, but they're still being sold by amazon.com, the seller).

TheSeductiveTomato
Not-So-Newbie

Post by TheSeductiveTomato » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:56 pm

MasenkoHA wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:23 am
Hopefully they upgrade to Blue Ray for original Dragon Ball or something. I'm tired of the 90 million rereleases of DBZ especially since Funimation keeps using the "watch Dragon Ball Z the way it was meant to be seen!!!" bit over and over and over....and over.
Watch Dragon Ball Z as it was meant to be seen: With cropped screens, heavy filters resulting in the loss of detail, and over-saturated colors that make your eyes bleed worse than Frieza when he was cut in half!

(Not to be confused with the way it was meant to be seen years ago when we did the orange bricks, that was the fake way. This one is REEEEEEAL!!!)

On a serious note, I feel like GT will get a bluray release before DB does. It's like Toei and Funi are deathly allergic to anything that doesn't contain a super saiyan.

SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:49 pm

Honesty i don't see a BD release of the original DB series happening at this point because FUNimation doesn't have film masters of the show to use like they do with Z, only standard definition multi gen digibeta master tapes they'd received back in the late '90s/early 2000's. So it appears for the time being the Blue Bricks shall remain the primary release of Dragon Ball here until that happens which i'm not holding my breath on, though if at some point a nice remastered HD version comes around that includes both openings, all four closing animations and the next episode previews i'd buy it in a heartbeat. Overall, the BB's aren't perfect but i'm satisfied with them even with their noted flaws. At least even with the slightly zoomed in frames and lack of Japanese title cards it's decent enough picture quality wise and not completely destroyed detail wise to the extent the Orange Bricks but especially the earlier ones were nor cropped to fake widescreen. Of course there's also the thing with it being the only way to have the first thirteen episodes uncut here, due to the whole convoluted sublicense ordeal with Kidmark/Trimark/Lionsgate preventing FUNi from releasing them for so long even after they'd already done the rest of the series.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

Witty User Name
Banned

Post by Witty User Name » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:41 am

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:49 pm
Honesty i don't see a BD release of the original DB series happening at this point because FUNimation doesn't have film masters of the show to use like they do with Z, only standard definition multi gen digibeta master tapes they'd received back in the late '90s/early 2000's. So it appears for the time being the Blue Bricks shall remain the primary release of Dragon Ball here until that happens which i'm not holding my breath on, though if at some point a nice remastered HD version comes around that includes both openings, all four closing animations and the next episode previews i'd buy it in a heartbeat. Overall, the BB's aren't perfect but i'm satisfied with them even with their noted flaws. At least even with the slightly zoomed in frames and lack of Japanese title cards it's decent enough picture quality wise and not completely destroyed detail wise to the extent the Orange Bricks but especially the earlier ones were nor cropped to fake widescreen. Of course there's also the thing with it being the only way to have the first thirteen episodes uncut here, due to the whole convoluted sublicense ordeal with Kidmark/Trimark/Lionsgate preventing FUNi from releasing them for so long even after they'd already done the rest of the series.
Well said. I agree.