Unwatched Movies/Specials

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Unwatched Movies/Specials

Post by PrinceVegetto » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:27 am

What's a DB movie (excluding Evolution :D ) or T.V. special that you have never watched? What has made you not want to watch it?

Personally, I haven't watched the 2 DB specials simply because there's not much of a story there since they're PSAs.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Re: Unwatched Movies/Specials

Post by Vijay » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:37 am

I have not watched any of the DB films or specials

Primarily cuz they're either childish or rehash original series storyline with lil twist here & there. It's not that I don't enjoy DB (I admire og DB for what it has accomplished and has genuine sense of adventure). I have them downloaded in my hard drive, it's just I don't have the dedication to sit my ass down & watch em....while I could for Godfather, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, KGF, Avatar & plenty other mind-blowing films

I think I've caught-up with every Z film & specials

PrinceVegetto
Beyond Newbie

Post by PrinceVegetto » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:48 am

I'd give Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle a watch in your spare time. The humor in the race to get to the castle is pretty fun and the movie's not just a rehash of the series.

Also, have you seen the GT special? It's criminally underrated.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:22 am

Yeah, thought of giving Princess in Castle a watch, but as I said earlier, it's either juvenile or rehash. Maybe I wud give it a try during this pandemic time

Erm, I have watched GT. And personal opinion DB Heroes >> GT > Super.

Its overrated just as Super, but gotta say GT had great ideas/concept it's just the execution was messy. Super seemed doomed to fail right frm the beginning with absymal "God" concept

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:18 pm

The only movies/specials I haven't seen are the OG DB ones or Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:18 pm The only movies/specials I haven't seen are the OG DB ones or Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.
Watch the 90's version first...I mean Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans..the latest version is so-so

90's version packs a punch, despite some cringe moments. I enjoyed it, havin watched it over 6 years ago🤣

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Vijay wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm
Zeon_Grunt wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:18 pm The only movies/specials I haven't seen are the OG DB ones or Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans.
Watch the 90's version first...I mean Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans..the latest version is so-so

90's version packs a punch, despite some cringe moments. I enjoyed it, havin watched it over 6 years ago🤣
I've already seen Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, since it came with Raging Blast 2.

I haven't seen the original because I figured I wouldn't be able to get the most out of it if I didn't get to experience the game it's supposed to be packaged with too. What I did see of it through various Youtube videos over the years didn't seem that impressive and it's been sitting on the bottom of my watch-list forever.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:53 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:46 pm
Vijay wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm

I've already seen Plan to Eradicate the Super Saiyans, since it came with Raging Blast 2.

I haven't seen the original because I figured I wouldn't be able to get the most out of it if I didn't get to experience the game it's supposed to be packaged with too. What I did see of it through various Youtube videos over the years didn't seem that impressive and it's been sitting on the bottom of my watch-list forever.
Original 90's version had the game feel, and the actions felt "raw" while latest version was quite cartoon-ish & plastic. This coming from guy who watched latest version 1st, had no expectation from 90's version and ended up loving the original 90's version

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:56 pm

Does the Korean live action movie count?

Beyond that, I guess I haven’t watched the PSAs or the Summer Vacation special.

theoriginalbilis
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by theoriginalbilis » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:45 pm

I haven't watched most of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes promo anime. My interest kinda deflated after the first few shorts; it just seems so... unambitious and standard in terms of art, animation, boarding, etc. I'm okay with Dragon Ball specials having simple stories, but this doesn't even try to do anything cool with it's fights.

I heard one of the later battles with... uh... Hearts (?) is animated by Shida, so I'll prob pick it back up someday. But, eh, the Super manga is where my focus lies for Dragon Ball right now.
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:02 pm

theoriginalbilis wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:45 pm I haven't watched most of the Super Dragon Ball Heroes promo anime. My interest kinda deflated after the first few shorts; it just seems so... unambitious and standard in terms of art, animation, boarding, etc. I'm okay with Dragon Ball specials having simple stories, but this doesn't even try to do anything cool with it's fights.

I heard one of the later battles with... uh... Hearts (?) is animated by Shida, so I'll prob pick it back up someday. But, eh, the Super manga is where my focus lies for Dragon Ball right now.
I get ur preference. But I actually rather enjoyed fights in first few episodes...anythin involvin Cumber was savage. His voice, the size, his unmatched power...multiple guys tried takin on Cumber, Golden Cooler, Bluper Goku, Veggie, Trunks, even Bluper Vegito had hard time when dude became an Oozaru... goddamn it...those fights were intense.

Latter episodes directly involvin Hearts, with Zamasu into the mix felt mellow...ofc, Shida's work was noteworthy, but it lacked the tension & drama of initial episodes at least for me.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:22 pm

I never saw that one special that was a bonus on that DBZ Kinect video game whatever it was called.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:21 am

I don't think I've ever seen Path to Power.

It might be the only one I haven't aside from Evolution.

I also don't think I've watched more than three episodes of GT, but I have seen the Goku Jr. Special.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:41 am

Akyon wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:21 am I don't think I've ever seen Path to Power.

I also don't think I've watched more than three episodes of GT, but I have seen the Goku Jr. Special.
Wow..not more than 3 episodes of GT?

Would ya min telling which episodes exactly? Did you watched like Epi 1-3? Or random 3 episodes of GT😂

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:51 am

Vijay wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:41 am
Akyon wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:21 am I don't think I've ever seen Path to Power.

Would ya min telling which episodes exactly? Did you watched like Epi 1-3? Or random 3 episodes of GT😂
Sure, wasn't an intentional choice tbh, just what I managed to see when it originally aired.

I saw the final episode, the battle where Hellfighter 17 kills Krillin and one random episode where Trunks was dressed as a bride(?)...might have been four actually I also remember one where Goku made a mockery of Frieza and Cell.

I...err...liked the last episode at least and the Goku Jr special!
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:21 am

Akyon wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:51 am
Vijay wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:41 am

Sure, wasn't an intentional choice tbh, just what I managed to see when it originally aired.

I saw the final episode, the battle where Hellfighter 17 kills Krillin and one random episode where Trunks was dressed as a bride(?)...might have been four actually I also remember one where Goku made a mockery of Frieza and Cell.

I...err...liked the last episode at least and the Goku Jr special!
Oh, I see. So its random episodes...I haven't watched like 90% of DBS 🤣 only some good fight-centric episodes, dats it

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Haven't seen passed the first 15 or so episodes of GT, and I haven't seen the GT movie. I haven't seen all of Heroes either (I think I only seen the first 3 episodes). I haven't seen the original Plan to Eradicate Saiyans, but I saw the 2010 remake. I haven't seen the two unofficial live action movies that were made in the 90s.

And last but not least, I haven't seen Kai, I'm ashamed to say.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:31 pm

I don't think I ever saw Lord Slug, Bio Broly, Android 13, or the Doctor Wheelo movies.

mancini

Post by mancini » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:22 am

Dragon Ball: Evolution, I didn't try even to watch it upon bad feedback from friends. According to their opinions, there is a connection to original source material and said Grandpa Gohan was alive which was something abnormal and unwanted.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:05 pm

mancini wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:22 am Dragon Ball: Evolution, I didn't try even to watch it upon bad feedback from friends. According to their opinions, there is a connection to original source material and said Grandpa Gohan was alive which was something abnormal and unwanted.
Yep. Piccolo kills Gohan when Goku is a teenager and ditches his Grandpa for a party at Chichi's house.