Who could Frieza's buyers be?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Who could Frieza's buyers be?

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri May 01, 2020 6:16 pm

Frieza takes over planets and then either keeps them for himself, or sells them. But I wonder what type of buyers he has? We never get to see or know anything about the buyers!

What if Moro had secretly bought planets from Frieza just to consume its life force?

Robo4900
I Live Here

Re: Who could Frieza's buyers be?

Post by Robo4900 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Honestly, I think the "The Saiyans sell planets" thing doesn't make sense at all if you account for Freeza dominating the Saiyans.

Maybe the Saiyans were planet brokers, but they worked for the Freeza Forces several times, and eventually the Freeza Forces kinda bought them out... Then moved onto outright subjugation... Then the Saiyans weren't so much selling planets as just conquering worlds for Freeza.
But it's possible the Saiyans still kept the culture of "We're taking planets to sell".

It is possible they still sold some planets to other unknown empires out in the galaxy, to raise funds for Freeza's forces... Though with Super's canon addition (though it's kind of a weird one, given Moro exists, and presumably several other big bads we'll encounter in the next several arcs) that there are no strong people in Universe 7 aside from the earthlings and the Freeza forces... It doesn't really make sense.
You could say the planet buyers were eventually conquered by Freeza, but then it really wouldn't make sense that Raditz would've told Goku that they were planet brokers, it would be a totally dead idea by then.

... I think this is just one of those cases of "Dragon Ball 'lore' has never made sense, and this only gets worse the more you think about it."
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 pm

He probably annexes territory and disperses it among specific people in his empire in exchange for things he wants.

MyVisionity
Banned

Post by MyVisionity » Fri May 01, 2020 8:58 pm

His buyers are probably other rich and powerful aliens throughout space. We don't really need to see them to know that they're out there.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:21 pm

Probably Disney.

Though the whole thing seems weird, if he can just conquer everything why bother? Just something to do?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:41 pm

The post above mine is PURE GOLD.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri May 01, 2020 11:47 pm

dario03 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:21 pm Probably Disney.

Though the whole thing seems weird, if he can just conquer everything why bother? Just something to do?
Don't give them any ideas :lol:

There's probably some planets he legitimately doesn't want to keep for whatever reason. But that doesn't mean he'll just give them away for free. He might as well sell them.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat May 02, 2020 12:12 am

He's a mastermind, not a destroyer. Killing people is a fun pastime, but his true passion is controlling them. Living in the lap of luxury, with servants and culture and technology and all the other bells and whistles.

People are a resource. The less of them he kills, the more that end up working for him.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat May 02, 2020 4:00 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:12 am

He's a mastermind, not a destroyer. Killing people is a fun pastime, but his true passion is controlling them. Living in the lap of luxury, with servants and culture and technology and all the other bells and whistles.

People are a resource. The less of them he kills, the more that end up working for him.
Yeah but he doesn't have to kill them to conquer them. Plus don't they usually kill everybody on the planet when they take it over to sell it?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat May 02, 2020 6:58 am

dario03 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:00 am Yeah but he doesn't have to kill them to conquer them. Plus don't they usually kill everybody on the planet when they take it over to sell it?
The most useful minions are the ones who WANT to work for you. Captain Ginyu, for example.

Besides, Freeza's lazy and arrogant. He doesn't like doing anything he can just leave to someone else.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat May 02, 2020 7:46 am

Fionordequester wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:58 am
dario03 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:00 am Yeah but he doesn't have to kill them to conquer them. Plus don't they usually kill everybody on the planet when they take it over to sell it?
The most useful minions are the ones who WANT to work for you. Captain Ginyu, for example.

Besides, Freeza's lazy and arrogant. He doesn't like doing anything he can just leave to someone else.
Well sure, but he could pay some minions without running a genocide and planet sales business. Instead of killing everybody and selling the planet to somebody he could just conquer both and take all the stuff he wants. Or just take over some planets and not bother with selling. More people to rule if you don't kill everybody on a planet.

I don't know just seems a little odd to me. But really, I would just like some more info on it.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat May 02, 2020 10:06 am

Good question, considering someone bought the Earth, and 40+ years later they still don't have it as theirs.

EDIT - oh wait I forgot that got retconned due to Minus. Though if Earth was in the Saiyan's databanks, it was at least considered.

It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips
Regular

Post by It_Is_Ayna_You_Flips » Sat May 02, 2020 12:12 pm

Robo4900 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 pm You could say the planet buyers were eventually conquered by Freeza, but then it really wouldn't make sense that Raditz would've told Goku that they were planet brokers, it would be a totally dead idea by then.

... I think this is just one of those cases of "Dragon Ball 'lore' has never made sense, and this only gets worse the more you think about it."
Poor Raditz. Every cool bit of world building information he revealed has either been retconned or become untenable in light of future story arcs. At least he managed to be the only relative of Goku with his own appearance, hairstyle, and personality. He'll always have that.

I mean, unless it comes out that he was only ever Bardock's adoptive son or something.
My opinions suck. You should probably mute me to spare yourself having to see them.

"If someone gets Star Wars wrong? Death threats. If a kid learns that a shitty song they liked when they were 12 was a cover of a song made in 1984? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that's too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone makes a Sonic game that isn't too dark and edgy? Death threats. If someone criticizes Naruto? Lots of death threats. Sexualizes pokemon? UNIVERSAL PRAISE." - Plague of Gripes

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Sat May 02, 2020 12:19 pm

dario03 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 7:46 am
Fionordequester wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 6:58 am

Well sure, but he could pay some minions without running a genocide and planet sales business. Instead of killing everybody and selling the planet to somebody he could just conquer both and take all the stuff he wants. Or just take over some planets and not bother with selling. More people to rule if you don't kill everybody on a planet.

I don't know just seems a little odd to me. But really, I would just like some more info on it.
This way he gets paid twice. He takes the stuff he wants, but it's an entire planet, so why not sell them to someone else who might actually want the stuff he doesn't?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 02, 2020 4:53 pm

Robo4900 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:28 pm Honestly, I think the "The Saiyans sell planets" thing doesn't make sense at all if you account for Freeza dominating the Saiyans.

Maybe the Saiyans were planet brokers, but they worked for the Freeza Forces several times, and eventually the Freeza Forces kinda bought them out... Then moved onto outright subjugation... Then the Saiyans weren't so much selling planets as just conquering worlds for Freeza.
But it's possible the Saiyans still kept the culture of "We're taking planets to sell".

It is possible they still sold some planets to other unknown empires out in the galaxy, to raise funds for Freeza's forces... Though with Super's canon addition (though it's kind of a weird one, given Moro exists, and presumably several other big bads we'll encounter in the next several arcs) that there are no strong people in Universe 7 aside from the earthlings and the Freeza forces... It doesn't really make sense.
You could say the planet buyers were eventually conquered by Freeza, but then it really wouldn't make sense that Raditz would've told Goku that they were planet brokers, it would be a totally dead idea by then.

The buyers are probably not very powerful, because they rely on a third party to conquer planets for them.

Freeza probably just sells the planets he doesn't need whenever someone offers him a good deal.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Sun May 03, 2020 7:57 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:53 pm
The buyers are probably not very powerful, because they rely on a third party to conquer planets for them.
They're probably not physically powerful (in terms of ki power), but I imagine they'd have to have vast wealth, and maybe even some type of political or economic power (if there even is some sort of galactic economy).

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Sun May 03, 2020 8:42 pm

Probably wealthy but weak, or at least not superhuman, aliens that use him to get what they want. We just don't need to see any of them since its just a motive for the pirates and mercenaries our characters are actually fighting. It does strike me as a deliberately dark notion whenever I see that material; Freeza can't be an evil land trader without clients.
Melee_Sovereign wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:57 pmThey're probably not physically powerful (in terms of ki power), but I imagine they'd have to have vast wealth, and maybe even some type of political or economic power (if there even is some sort of galactic economy).
And it does raise the unanswered question of whether or not Freeza's operation is entirely military, since again that isn't important to the story at hand.
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri May 08, 2020 10:17 am

With Freeza's previously unchallenged power, it didn't really make much sense there would be someone out in the universe he'd be doing deals with. He could easily take over, whatever resources prospective buyers might have.

After he was retconned into the story and was actually made the Saiyans' boss, instead of the Saiyans just being mercenaries for various different aliens, it seemed more like there was no trading business and all he did was just subjugate planets and expand his empire.

But now we have this bit to deal with. I guess he just finds no fun in just taking everything for himself, like his godly power makes possible, but instead wants to act out this whole businessman scenario, because otherwise it'd be boring?